Resolved [Xbox One] Can someone help with my housing problem?

StevieTheEevee

Terrarian
I made my own mushroom biome to get the Truffle. So I made a house in my player-made biome. I used torches for lighting, one chair, one table 2 doors, and a bookshelf for decor. But it just says, "This is not valid housing." without telling me what to fix. Does anyone know?

I made my own mushroom biome to get the Truffle. So I made a house in my player-made biome. I used torches for lighting, one chair, one table 2 doors, and a bookshelf for decor. But it just says, "This is not valid housing." without telling me what to fix. Does anyone know?
Is it possible to get a screenshot or a photo taken on a phone of the housing? Could be a couple things... are you sure that you have the back walls completely filled in. Perhaps there is a nearby patch of Corruption/Crimson - this is the most common problem that gets overlooked. Does the floor have blocks - if the floor is just platforms it may not be valid housing. Also, sometimes the house can be too big or too small.

I have it on more than the house requirement, 6x10, it did tell me that the housing was corrupted, so I got rid of the crimson and then I got that message, I do have blocks, and I can try to get a screenshot.

Here's the house.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 109
Here's the house.
If it originally said it was corrupted, and you took care of getting rid of the crimson, but now it’s still not valid, that leads me to think there is still a bit of crimson that might be affecting it. When there’s just a bit of corruption/crimson too close the housing menu won’t say the house is corrupted, it’ll just say it’s not valid.

See if you can scout out more crimson to remove, or plant some sunflowers nearby to up the positive effect. If you have access to a clentaminator, that would be easiest. That’s my guess, because everything else looks fine.

Back
Top Bottom