Resolved [Xbox One] Can't join multiplayer game through "Join Game". How to join servers?

@aarmora

Terrarian
Whenever I click the "Join" option within multiplayer, I see the list of "..." options for about one second and then they all disappear. The "Join" title is still visible but there isn't any option to enter a server information. I can exit this screen and try again but I have the same result. I've never been able to enter server information. I've tried on two different xboxes and multiple accounts.

Is there a work around for this?

Try pressing the Xbox button to open the Guide, then press LB to navigate to the Friends tab. Pick a friend that's playing Terraria online, then select Join party or game.

Try pressing the Xbox button to open the Guide, then press LB to navigate to the Friends tab. Pick a friend that's playing Terraria online, then select Join party or game.

Thanks for the response. This does work. It won't, however, allow me to join any kind of server since I can't enter any IP information.

Maybe another question I should ask...can xbox one join a pc hosted server?

Thanks for the response. This does work. It won't, however, allow me to join any kind of server since I can't enter any IP information.

No, you are restricted to Xbox players playing Terraria online (Host&Play).

Right now you wouldn't be able to play with pc anyway as Xbox is on version 1.3.0.7 while PC is 1.3.5.3.

Hi there aarmora, I’m so glad that r4v1n6 was able to answer your question. Since this isn’t a bug, I’ll move it to Console Technical Support and marked it as resolved.

Hi there aarmora, I’m so glad that r4v1n6 was able to answer your question. Since this isn’t a bug, I’ll move it to Console Technical Support and marked it as resolved.

It does make my question irrelevant it's true. I have a work around to join other people's game.

The bug of the join option not working within the multiplayer menu is still valid.

It does make my question irrelevant it's true. I have a work around to join other people's game.

The bug of the join option not working within the multiplayer menu is still valid.
If I'm understanding it correctly, though, you're trying to have a screen where you can input server IP addresses and that isn't possible on console.

I know r4v1n6 already answered this question and i have the same problem but my difference is i dont have any friends,can i even join servers without friends and how?
[doublepost=1562021182,1562020980][/doublepost]I know im very late and i hope somebody will see this

Hello does anyone know when this prop Len will be fixed because I have the same problem but I want to join other servers besides my friends.

Well you could join a club, to find more people playing Terraria.

Joining PC hosted worlds outside Xbox Live will however never be possible. Microsoft doesn't allow consoles to connect to devices outside Xbox Live.

I think I know what you are all on about and must follow with the question, why, when you click on multiplayer and then join game, does it come up with nothing even when your friends are playing. Also, even if it is just for servers, what is the point of such a feature if you can't actually access servers on xbox 1 terraria?

Back
Top Bottom