Xbox One XBox One - Game crashes on load at 99% Settling Liquids.

I'm running into the same issue. Can anyone confirm if a new character is a permanent or temp fix? I'm going to try it tonight but I think I remember reading on another forum that the new character will start doing the same thing after a few days.

I’m thinking the reason the new character eventually has the same issue is because the issue kicks in when you’ve explored a certain portion of the map with a character. Does switching the map off at the title screen work for anyone else to get on with their old character?

Turning the map off did let me take my original character back in. Its only been a day but so far so good. I still hate not having a map though.

The issue is the map. I had the same problem, but I was able to log on with my character by switching the map off in the settings in the main menu. Idk why it works, but I guess we all just have to play without a map for now until they fix it. At least we know the world/character isn’t corrupt.

Ps. Hope this helps;)
It totally worked, thanks :D

The issue is the map. I had the same problem, but I was able to log on with my character by switching the map off in the settings in the main menu. Idk why it works, but I guess we all just have to play without a map for now until they fix it. At least we know the world/character isn’t corrupt.

Ps. Hope this helps;)

Yeah this works for me, it’s annoying to not have that map but at least it’s possible to use the same character and world again, this is the only thing that has worked for me so far

My game crashes at 83% liquids. It also happens to be my main world with ALL my :red:. I too had to create an account on here because of this issue.

My game crashes at 83% liquids. It also happens to be my main world with ALL my :red:. I too had to create an account on here because of this issue.
Is the workaround (disabling the map at the main menu) working for you @crawley725? Also, @crawley725 and @SabbleDabble, if you haven’t already, I recommend sending in your experience with this to Pipeworks (the console developers) directly. The more info they get can help them find a solution. If the workaround is working be sure to let them know that as well. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Thursday 14th march 2019

Going into settings and disabling map is still the only solution

No update, no bug fix, no reply from developers.

Can confirm at time of checking disabling map at the main menu is a workaround for the glitch.

i droped a bug report on the site idk if anyone els has noticed but anyone joining a world has there map data erased after leaving a world and rejoining if they are not the host and at times when loading into a world the mini map wont properly load sometimes. if and when you post the bug to the site be sure to mention that it may help them narrow down the issue.

So I've been having a similar issue like everyone else. Map says loading, gets to settling liquids 99% percent then crashes, but disabling minimap works and lets me load in. Another VERY important thing to note is that the last time i was playing before this issue started is that i had just unlocked the lunar events and destroyed one of the pillars .Not sure if this is important but i saw someone else mention they got lunar events unlocked and was thinking maybe that could be the cause somehow.

i droped a bug report on the site idk if anyone els has noticed but anyone joining a world has there map data erased after leaving a world and rejoining if they are not the host and at times when loading into a world the mini map wont properly load sometimes. if and when you post the bug to the site be sure to mention that it may help them narrow down the issue.
Thanks for sending in your report to Pipeworks @Shadownecro666 and sharing the extra info here.

So I've been having a similar issue like everyone else. Map says loading, gets to settling liquids 99% percent then crashes, but disabling minimap works and lets me load in. Another VERY important thing to note is that the last time i was playing before this issue started is that i had just unlocked the lunar events and destroyed one of the pillars .Not sure if this is important but i saw someone else mention they got lunar events unlocked and was thinking maybe that could be the cause somehow.
Hi @[Cryo]TheGrimReaper, glad to hear the workaround is working for you. Interesting that your issues started after killing a pillar. If you have time, and haven't already, I recommend including this info in as much detail as you can in a bug report straight to Pipeworks, the console developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Disabling my map from my main menu worked for me as well. I reported the issue using the link you post unit one. My problem was slightly different: my game crashed while requesting world information appeared. That's all. I made an account just to say this fix works, thanks for the help guys.

Disabling my map from my main menu worked for me as well. I reported the issue using the link you post unit one. My problem was slightly different: my game crashed while requesting world information appeared. That's all. I made an account just to say this fix works, thanks for the help guys.
Thanks for sharing your info @Zane Aridi, appreciate it.

Just coming here for some help, figured I would make people aware, this is still an issue. I was playing fine earlier today on my main character with my main world and now It freezes at 99% settling liquids and crashes.

Alright so I almost freaked when this bug happened to me. I just lost my whole world save on Ark Survival and now I thought "Seriously Terraria Too?!!" Luckily you guys have given some great workarounds and I just want to say thank you! Also I want to put in some more info on the issue. I only JUST unlocked the lunar pillars last night. None were destroyed. I turned on my xbox to play this afternoon and that's when the bug hit me. Based on that, it's clear that their destruction isnt the issue but some issue with their spawning in and your character? Weird stuff. Anyway thanks again guys! You're awesome.

Hey I made a pretty big discovery that could be potentially the cause. So the day before I got this glitch I discovered some glitched water in the underground jungle. (Which would relate to the game crashing at settling liquids.) the water was flowing down because I put a hole at the bottom, but it wasn't actually lowering. So for about half an hour a tiny thing of water flooded the biggest part of my underground jungle. Of course I put a stop to it once I realised. But now the game crashes after that scenario happened. I went to that same location with a different character with the map enabled, left the game reentered with that separate character and then all the sudden the separate character couldn't enter the world either. I think this is at least one of the causes for this glitch.

Issue still happening for me. Turning the map off seemed to work for now though. Not sure why it affects it? But glad I can now jump in and out of my worlds without an issue!

Looks like the new update for consoles finally fixed the issue! I can play with no crashing and the map on. It’s only the first day I’ve been back on (and I haven’t heard from any other players), but fingers crossed it stays fixed. It’s good to see that the developers are at least listening to the community on this stuff. Thanks everyone for the effort getting this fixed.

Back
Top Bottom