Resolved [Xbox One] Is it possible to convert Xbox One save to PC

delnith

Terrarian
Good afternoon,

I wanted to ask about the possibility of converting save files. I figure since the content merge it could be more feasible, but its hard to find a solid answer (well, plenty of answers that say "no" but that are from years ago). I know the console versions arent totally caught up to PC, but can one convert a save file from Xbox One to PC? Not too long ago I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It placed all my old files in a Windows.old folder. I did not know that the computer would automatically delete that folder after a certain period of time, and I lost my Terraria save that I had put 140~ hours into. I have an Xbox game that I stopped playing once I got the PC version, and I had beat the game there, and I would love to be able to pick up from where that save left off rather than start all over again.

Save files between the the various platforms are incompatible with one another I'm afraid. It isn't possible to convert an XBox One save to PC. I'm sorry.

Has that always been the case? I found an old program from 2013 that claimed to be an Xbox360 - PC converter, and it seemed to be legit. Lots of comments on the thread and such

As far as I'm aware it has always been the case. I would be interested in seeing the program you're talking about, curious how that works. It could be reading the character, items, etc then act as the middle man for a save editor/creator to output a PC save file.

HOWEVER, I do not know if that violates the TOS agreement from the console versions, so I would advise against linking such a program should you find one.

Back
Top Bottom