Resolved [Xbox One] Losing will to live over Skeletron Master Mode, got any tips?

Porgiano

Terrarian
I'm doing a master mode melee playthrough and have tried and failed to kill skeletron many a time. I have molten armour, am using the Volcano and Amazon, have the worm scarf, white horshoe baloon, icespark boots, web slinger, the accesory that summons bees when damaged and the one that makes it stronger, shield of chtulu (although my control is faulty and i can hardly use it on xbox anyway) I use potions like swiftness, ironskin, regen, thorns, flask of fire and Sake. My platform is medium size, has camfires, heart lanterns and sunflower, what more do I need??? I have tried like 7 or 8 times and am tired of running to the dungeon and using up my potions just to die to his stupid flying skulls. Please do u guys have any advice?

I've used the Grey Zapinator during the fight (Meteor Armor reduces it's mana usage to 0), and a wide arena to move around. when he starts shooting skulls, I jump/hover right above them so they all curve into the air. Try also to take down both hands at the same time so I've the full focus on the flying skulls.

I also would place down a house with a bed to save you from walking towards the dungeon.

I'm doing a master mode melee playthrough and have tried and failed to kill skeletron many a time. I have molten armour, am using the Volcano and Amazon, have the worm scarf, white horshoe baloon, icespark boots, web slinger, the accesory that summons bees when damaged and the one that makes it stronger, shield of chtulu (although my control is faulty and i can hardly use it on xbox anyway) I use potions like swiftness, ironskin, regen, thorns, flask of fire and Sake. My platform is medium size, has camfires, heart lanterns and sunflower, what more do I need??? I have tried like 7 or 8 times and am tired of running to the dungeon and using up my potions just to die to his stupid flying skulls. Please do u guys have any advice?
Have you checked all your floating island chests to see if you can get the starfury? If you don't have it, fish for it in floating islands. Using the stars from that means that you don't have to be right on top of him all the time. Or tried the bee keeper? Also try the Stinger necklace accessory (maybe this is the one you're talking about).

Do what the first poster said, try to take out both hands close to the same time. When he's shooting the skulls at you, try to rotate around skeletron in the same direction the skulls are going. For the area, I like a big open space, but some people like a smaller box because the skulls "die" when the hit a solid block (at least they did pre1.4.4, haven't really checked since update).

Have you reforged all of your accessories? I prefer to go menacing for damage, some prefer warding/defense. But either way, try to max out the reforge, whichever you prefer.

Good luck. The new knights edge will be worth it.

Adding on to the other great advice here… when I have a fight like this, one thing that helps me is making my arena bigger - the more space I can use to run away and regroup the better. I do like to have a honey dip somewhere as well (two blocks of honey that you run over to get a regen boost).

Also, for a Skeletron fight I like to use Bee’s Knees (bow that shoots arrows that turn into bees), but since you’re doing melee I agree with Redbelly to try out the Bee Keeper (sword). The bee damage can be incredibly helpful.

I've used the Grey Zapinator during the fight (Meteor Armor reduces it's mana usage to 0), and a wide arena to move around. when he starts shooting skulls, I jump/hover right above them so they all curve into the air. Try also to take down both hands at the same time so I've the full focus on the flying skulls.

I also would place down a house with a bed to save you from walking towards the dungeon.
Thanks man, the bed tip helped a lot!

Have you checked all your floating island chests to see if you can get the starfury? If you don't have it, fish for it in floating islands. Using the stars from that means that you don't have to be right on top of him all the time. Or tried the bee keeper? Also try the Stinger necklace accessory (maybe this is the one you're talking about).

Do what the first poster said, try to take out both hands close to the same time. When he's shooting the skulls at you, try to rotate around skeletron in the same direction the skulls are going. For the area, I like a big open space, but some people like a smaller box because the skulls "die" when the hit a solid block (at least they did pre1.4.4, haven't really checked since update).

Have you reforged all of your accessories? I prefer to go menacing for damage, some prefer warding/defense. But either way, try to max out the reforge, whichever you prefer.

Good luck. The new knights edge will be worth it.
Cheers for the info, i tried the open arena tip, however this wasn't working so i decided to build a roof like u mentioned, and by the end of the fight i was on full hp cause none of the skulls could get me. I'm now in hardmode preparing for the destroyer!

Adding on to the other great advice here… when I have a fight like this, one thing that helps me is making my arena bigger - the more space I can use to run away and regroup the better. I do like to have a honey dip somewhere as well (two blocks of honey that you run over to get a regen boost).

Also, for a Skeletron fight I like to use Bee’s Knees (bow that shoots arrows that turn into bees), but since you’re doing melee I agree with Redbelly to try out the Bee Keeper (sword). The bee damage can be incredibly helpful.
Thanks for the bee tip, i decided to use the new bee yoyo, and paired with the accesory to make friendly bees stronger and a roof to block the skulls, this fight was a piece of cake.

Thanks man, the bed tip helped a lot!

Cheers for the info, i tried the open arena tip, however this wasn't working so i decided to build a roof like u mentioned, and by the end of the fight i was on full hp cause none of the skulls could get me. I'm now in hardmode preparing for the destroyer!

Thanks for the bee tip, i decided to use the new bee yoyo, and paired with the accesory to make friendly bees stronger and a roof to block the skulls, this fight was a piece of cake.
VERY late on this reply, but congrats!

Back
Top Bottom