Resolved [Xbox One] My friends account doesn’t save.

Squindword

Terrarian
I’ve just been getting back into terraria with my friend and have been experiencing a bug every since we made a large world to scavenge in. All his items and progress since we left our original world was gone. Not all of his items, just the items he got from our original world when we got on that day. He tried reinstalling and still didn’t work. He even tried switching characters and the same thing still happened. Please help me.

I’ve just been getting back into terraria with my friend and have been experiencing a bug every since we made a large world to scavenge in. All his items and progress since we left our original world was gone. Not all of his items, just the items he got from our original world when we got on that day. He tried reinstalling and still didn’t work. He even tried switching characters and the same thing still happened. Please help me.
Hi @Squindword, welcome to the forums. ~:(

Is this on console or mobile (you’re info tab says you own Xbox One and mobile version). I moved this out of the Forum Help and Feedback section (as that section is for help navigating the forums), and I’ve placed your thread in the console area, but if this is related to Mobile I can move it to the Mobile section.

Hi @Squindword, welcome to the forums. ~:(

Is this on console or mobile (you’re info tab says you own Xbox One and mobile version). I moved this out of the Forum Help and Feedback section (as that section is for help navigating the forums), and I’ve placed your thread in the console area, but if this is related to Mobile I can move it to the Mobile section.
No, this is only on console I believe.

No, this is only on console I believe.
Okay, so it’s on Xbox One. Are you playing multiplayer? Are you the host? Is your friend saving properly before you disconnect the world? Lots more info is needed to begin troubleshooting. :)

Okay, so it’s on Xbox One. Are you playing multiplayer? Are you the host? Is your friend saving properly before you disconnect the world? Lots more info is needed to begin troubleshooting. :)
Yes, he has been trying everything and has even tried singleplayer but it still didn’t save. This all started when we made a large world. He got extremely mad when we played for 7-6 hours and had great Hardmode loot, and we instantly lost it cause some random and decided to tug a little bit on my power plug.

Yes, he has been trying everything and has even tried singleplayer but it still didn’t save. This all started when we made a large world. He got extremely mad when we played for 7-6 hours and had great Hardmode loot, and we instantly lost it cause some random and decided to tug a little bit on my power plug.
I’m still not really sure of all the details, there could be lots of things going on and without more info no way to narrow it down. Is this him playing on his own console? Or him playing at your house? Whose power plug was tugged on? Did it disconnect you from the game? If you’re interrupting the save process by pulling the plug that can have adverse affects. Is there any way that he doesn’t have more storage space on the console? Is the console not connected to the internet anymore and it won’t save to the cloud? Was the auto-save function turned of? How did he “instantly lose it because of some random” - were you playing with other random people?

There’s just too many variables that I’m not sure of what’s going on to even narrow down possible troubleshooting.

I’m still not really sure of all the details, there could be lots of things going on and without more info no way to narrow it down. Is this him playing on his own console? Or him playing at your house? Whose power plug was tugged on? Did it disconnect you from the game? If you’re interrupting the save process by pulling the plug that can have adverse affects. Is there any way that he doesn’t have more storage space on the console? Is the console not connected to the internet anymore and it won’t save to the cloud? Was the auto-save function turned of? How did he “instantly lose it because of some random” - were you playing with other random people?

There’s just too many variables that I’m not sure of what’s going on to even narrow down possible troubleshooting.
Sorry I didn’t mean to type random, I meant to type ant and my power plug was the one that was tugged on. So he has auto-save turned on and has his internet working better than mine, he also has a bunch of storage on his Xbox. We play from separate houses.

Sorry I didn’t mean to type random, I meant to type ant and my power plug was the one that was tugged on. So he has auto-save turned on and has his internet working better than mine, he also has a bunch of storage on his Xbox. We play from separate houses.
Let me try a different approach, because I’m sorry, but I still don’t understand.

If he makes a new character, goes into a new world, chops down a tree, and saves and exits the world... then he goes back into that world... does he have the wood in his inventory?

No
Let me try a different approach, because I’m sorry, but I still don’t understand.

If he makes a new character, goes into a new world, chops down a tree, and saves and exits the world... then he goes back into that world... does he have the wood in his inventory?
He won’t have the wood in his inventory.

It wouldn’t really be a power issue, since he can’t even save & quit, to save his data.
Worth a try though, as I see others on the web that this was a solution to their console not saving. :) Also, something else to double check is to make sure he’s still logged in to his Xbox account.

Beyond that, I would recommend opening a support ticket with 505 Games (the publisher of the console versions) to see what they have to say. You’ll need to create an account to open a ticket: Terraria (Console)

Worth a try though, as I see others on the web that this was a solution to their console not saving. :) Also, something else to double check is to make sure he’s still logged in to his Xbox account.

Beyond that, I would recommend opening a support ticket with 505 Games (the publisher of the console versions) to see what they have to say. You’ll need to create an account to open a ticket: Terraria (Console)
Thank you, i’ve already put in a ticket.

I hope that you guys can get a solution. If you do, and it's not too much trouble, can you let us know what the solution was.
We finally found the solution, turns out he had too much space taken up from all his worlds and characters. Including a world that holds things from since he was 8 years old. He just had to delete all of his other worlds and characters instead of the ones he liked. He played yesterday and we finally killed the boss we we’re trying to kill. Yet he lost his wings and mount due to the glitch.

We finally found the solution, turns out he had too much space taken up from all his worlds and characters. Including a world that holds things from since he was 8 years old. He just had to delete all of his other worlds and characters instead of the ones he liked. He played yesterday and we finally killed the boss we we’re trying to kill. Yet he lost his wings and mount due to the glitch.
I am so glad to hear this! Thank you for following up and letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom