Resolved [Xbox One] Pet Hoarder achievement bugged

Badgeroo

Terrarian
See photos - the first being all pets including light pets, the second being all fresh new pets given to me by a kind stranger for testing (minus light pets). I have attempted to activate all pets by equipping them with the equip button, and I have also attempted to get the achievement by placing each pet into the hot bar up top, neither which were successful.

I have read numerous complaints online. I have read numerous methods of how to obtain online. I even attempted to use a new character instead of my main one when trying to do the achievement, and with the second photo I attempt to do it on a new world. The current achievement obtainment percentage is 0.13% of players. The armor one, as a side note, is 0.07%. Both of these percentages are extremely low, however, the second percentage is more realistic since it is much more time-consuming. Obtaining all pets is not that difficult, so I think that statistic alone may be an indication of an issue. I have found numerous complaints on the forums themselves as well.

My theory? Perhaps there is an issue regarding the old 360 pets counting. Unlikely, but possible. I’m not sure how the achievement is coded, but the developers should really specify how because at this point I want to bang my head against the wall. More importantly, not only should they state specifically how to get the achievement, but they should come up with a fix because clearly there is an issue behind it. I have run out of solutions, and I refuse to delete my save data as a final possible solution given the fact that achievements are generally tied to your account, and I have observed bugged achievements in the past for other games being stuck at extremely low percentages such as this. The strangest part is, one of my friends has obtained this achievement within the past week, so why can’t I?

Bear in mind, this issue is not an Xbox issue, because it is a specific achievement for the game, thus making the much more likely issue being the way the achievement is designed to activate or be triggered.
Please, someone help me… I’ve exhausted everything I can think of.

Attachments

• 302749C1-AAF4-4AAF-BFE2-3A0D888BC01C.jpeg
    302749C1-AAF4-4AAF-BFE2-3A0D888BC01C.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 110
  • 3979FC7C-CE41-4C6E-AFE5-62BC64B9CA2E.jpeg
    3979FC7C-CE41-4C6E-AFE5-62BC64B9CA2E.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 153
One way of testing this maybe is to have someone that has used the old gen pets, And then try using all the new pets and seeing if it pops for them?

As they were in the game before and after 1.3 released on Xbox one and Ps4. They were only changed into Golden Bunnies just over a month after 1.3 came out. So it is possible for it to still count the old ones.

Another way to test is if you have a disc copy of Terraria on Xbox One or Ps4, Installing that and not updating the game. So install it while offline. Play the game enough to get the old pets and use them. Then update the game and use the new ones and see if it pops then

I don’t have a disc copy unfortunately - but so far, the 3 people I’ve talked to have all played with the old pets, but that could purely be a coincidence. If this is the case, it should be changed.

Last edited:
I don’t have a disc copy unfortunately - but so far, the 3 people I’ve talked to have all played with the old pets, but that could purely be a coincidence. If this is the case, it should be changed.
Well the 1.4 update shouldn't be too far away. It will add a bunch more pets for ya to collect so, I would have to say safe bet is to try again when the update drops and go from there D:

Unless you order a disc copy. I'm sure they are not that expensive at the moment.

Well the 1.4 update shouldn't be too far away. It will add a bunch more pets for ya to collect so, I would have to say safe bet is to try again when the update drops and go from there D:

Unless you order a disc copy. I'm sure they are not that expensive at the moment.
I can certainly wait for the update, but the question is, will it fix the achievement? Lol - I can’t know for certain if the achievement will be changed at all to reflect the new pets if this is the issue.

P.S. - disc version goes anywhere between $15-$80, and I don’t think you can buy it digitally anymore as I just tried in order to possibly test this nonsense.

Last edited:
I can certainly wait for the update, but the question is, will it fix the achievement? Lol - I can’t know for certain if the achievement will be changed at all to reflect the new pets if this is the issue.

P.S. - disc version goes anywhere between $15-$80, and I don’t think you can buy it digitally anymore as I just tried in order to possibly test this nonsense.
Only way to tell if it fixes the achievement is to try again when it comes out sadly D:

If you can find the disc version for $15 that would be a good price. Sadly cause the Xbox One isn't like the 360 can't delete the update data. You can buy it on the Xbox store still. It was on sale just a bit ago.

Only way to tell if it fixes the achievement is to try again when it comes out sadly D:

If you can find the disc version for $15 that would be a good price. Sadly cause the Xbox One isn't like the 360 can't delete the update data. You can buy it on the Xbox store still. It was on sale just a bit ago.
Even then, I’d hate to be the one to bug test at my personal financial expense no offense :sigh: feel like a developer should be on top of that. But I guess maybe that’s a 505 issue rather than Relogic?

In any case, I can try to buy the digital again for $15 some time, but earlier today it kept giving me an error upon attempting to purchase. It’s a pain to hook up the 360 because the passwords are MUCH shorter maximum than current passwords, forcing me to reset my password each time I take the brick out. That’s neither here nor there though.

Is there a way for the requirements to be discovered and posted here or no? :( If there isn’t, I hope it’s fixed with 1.4…

Even then, I’d hate to be the one to bug test at my personal financial expense no offense :sigh: feel like a developer should be on top of that. But I guess maybe that’s a 505 issue rather than Relogic?

In any case, I can try to buy the digital again for $15 some time, but earlier today it kept giving me an error upon attempting to purchase. It’s a pain to hook up the 360 because the passwords are MUCH shorter maximum than current passwords, forcing me to reset my password each time I take the brick out. That’s neither here nor there though.

Is there a way for the requirements to be discovered and posted here or no? :( If there isn’t, I hope it’s fixed with 1.4…
I could test is as I have a disc copy. Since you are on xbox would you mind helping? I will make 2 new accounts, One to have the old pets, And the 2nd one to not have them. I would just need to get the new ones and see if the achievement pops on one and not the other.

You can only buy Terraria on the xbox store once. But after that it would be gifting it to someone. So no need to do that c:

Last edited:
I could test is as I have a disc copy. Since you are on xbox would you mind helping? I will make 2 new accounts, One to have the old pets, And the 2nd one to not have them. I would just need to get the new ones and see if the achievement pops on one and not the other.

You can only buy Terraria on the xbox store once. But after that it would be gifting it to someone. So no need to do that c:
I don’t own 360 edition though at all. And yeah I am definitely down to test it - I am currently working but may possibly be home in 2 hours, if work doesn’t hold me over. I have all the other pets, assuming that my pets are not somehow busted.
If you would like to hold the old 360 pets on a character prior to going online and using my pets I guess that’s how it would be tested?

No rush. Doesn't have to be today. As it might take me a bit to get the pets again because I would have to farm for them on a new account. So I'm playing on Xbox One. So no 360 is needed c:

So what I'm going to do is. Get the pets that counted prior to the 1.3 update. I will get them on 1 account and get none of them on the other account.

I will go online and update the game and then get your help at that point with the other pets.

As when I update the game past 1.3 the old pets will turn into golden bunnies. As they were removed from the Xbox One version

I wish I could give you a definitive list for what pets are needed. Activating achievements has always been finicky. It sounds like you’ve tried everything that normally works (giving pets to a new character, take them all to a new world).

I do know that it was confirmed by the old console devs (Pipeworks) that all trophies are unlockable - they do not require anything that was taken out of the game, and do not require anything new (to 1.3).

Okay - sure, willing to try to help however I can.
Let me know! Will try to check here daily.
I should have asked this from the start so I'm sorry for asking this now. But just double checking. Have you placed every pet into your top bar and used them like you would use a weapon or tool. With Right Trigger to use the item. As in you summon 1 pet and then summon the next one.

1. Amber Mosquito - Baby Dinosaur
2. Fish - Baby Penguin
3. Seaweed - Turtle
4. Tartar Sauce - Mini Minotaur
5. Zephyr Fish - Flying Zephyr Fish
6. Toy Sled - Baby Snowman
7. Eater's Bone - Baby Eater of Souls
8. Nectar - Baby Hornet
9. Lizard Egg - Lizard
10. Seedling - Seedling
11. Eye Spring - Eyeball Spring
12. Bone Key - Baby Skeletron Head
13. Cursed Sapling - Cursed Sapling
14. Spider - Spider Egg
15. Baby Grinch Mischief's Whistle - Baby Grinch
16. Tiki Totem - Tiki Spirit
17. Strange Glowing Mushroom - Baby Truffle
18. Parrot Cracker - Parrot

Looking at TrueAchievements site and looking at Terraria. Someone called ChooseMyFate on there posted This guide last year stating these are the pets that are needed to be used to get the achievement. So you have to summon each of these pets above to unlock the achievement.

I should have asked this from the start so I'm sorry for asking this now. But just double checking. Have you placed every pet into your top bar and used them like you would use a weapon or tool. With Right Trigger to use the item. As in you summon 1 pet and then summon the next one.

1. Amber Mosquito - Baby Dinosaur
2. Fish - Baby Penguin
3. Seaweed - Turtle
4. Tartar Sauce - Mini Minotaur
5. Zephyr Fish - Flying Zephyr Fish
6. Toy Sled - Baby Snowman
7. Eater's Bone - Baby Eater of Souls
8. Nectar - Baby Hornet
9. Lizard Egg - Lizard
10. Seedling - Seedling
11. Eye Spring - Eyeball Spring
12. Bone Key - Baby Skeletron Head
13. Cursed Sapling - Cursed Sapling
14. Spider - Spider Egg
15. Baby Grinch Mischief's Whistle - Baby Grinch
16. Tiki Totem - Tiki Spirit
17. Strange Glowing Mushroom - Baby Truffle
18. Parrot Cracker - Parrot

Looking at TrueAchievements site and looking at Terraria. Someone called ChooseMyFate on there posted This guide last year stating these are the pets that are needed to be used to get the achievement. So you have to summon each of these pets above to unlock the achievement.
Yeah, I’ve stumbled upon this myself before too. I’ll certainly TRY to put those specific pets in my hot bar (and equip too afterward), but if I didn’t mess up, I recall doing all 32 pets both methods of equipping and the hot bar up top, but I’ll certainly try again

I wish I could give you a definitive list for what pets are needed. Activating achievements has always been finicky. It sounds like you’ve tried everything that normally works (giving pets to a new character, take them all to a new world).

I do know that it was confirmed by the old console devs (Pipeworks) that all trophies are unlockable - they do not require anything that was taken out of the game, and do not require anything new (to 1.3).
If it is certainly known that nothing added in 1.3 is needed, that’s good. But the question of old pets still remains :( I know achievements are finicky - it’s just frustrating because I have people that literally activate the achievement just to tell me “I’m dumb”, and have no issues doing it. Yet, it’s not because I’m dumb lol - I just can’t seem to get it to activate.

I have tried the 18 specific listed pets above, and to no avail, either from equipping OR using the hot bar for each. I used each pet, 3x with the right trigger, then repeated it in reverse. Then tried equipping with left trigger. No luck.

Attachments

• BCCD7FFC-67E5-4EEE-BAD4-9620AB5C8019.jpeg
    BCCD7FFC-67E5-4EEE-BAD4-9620AB5C8019.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 99
I have tried the 18 specific listed pets above, and to no avail, either from equipping OR using the hot bar for each. I used each pet, 3x with the right trigger, then repeated it in reverse. Then tried equipping with left trigger. No luck.
Weird then. I'm not sure why its not working then. I can only hope its fixed in the next update then. The achievement hasn't unlocked without you noticing by any chance? Only ask cause I have had that happen a few times to my self.

If it is certainly known that nothing added in 1.3 is needed, that’s good. But the question of old pets still remains :( I know achievements are finicky - it’s just frustrating because I have people that literally activate the achievement just to tell me “I’m dumb”, and have no issues doing it. Yet, it’s not because I’m dumb lol - I just can’t seem to get it to activate.
I agree with you, it’s very frustrating. Old pets, as long as they are still obtainable in 1.3 are likely needed. If they were taken out of the game, they are not needed.

Weird then. I'm not sure why its not working then. I can only hope its fixed in the next update then. The achievement hasn't unlocked without you noticing by any chance? Only ask cause I have had that happen a few times to my self.
Negative

Attachments

• 6FFB0363-6D25-4674-BBCC-C032CD1B6443.jpeg
    6FFB0363-6D25-4674-BBCC-C032CD1B6443.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 100
I agree with you, it’s very frustrating. Old pets, as long as they are still obtainable in 1.3 are likely needed. If they were taken out of the game, they are not needed.
Yeah but I’ve gotten all 32 :( not sure what’s causing it. Every pet per the wiki
I meant pets no longer in the game like pitri dish. But it’s likely a different issue

Back
Top Bottom