Working as Designed [Xbox One] Smart cursor not interacting with containers correctly when holding a secondary action item (e.g. Shellphone and Void Bag)

When I am not hovering the cursor over the container when I am holding a secondary action item, such as the Shellphone, the smart cursor, for some reason, seems to prioritize the item over the container (this problem did not persist in previous updates) it only works if I move the cursor to the container and use it, or if I am standing directly on top of the Container (the easiest way to tell is that the container isn't highlighted when using the void bag, and trying to press the interact button without hovering the cursor over the container)

My interact binding is LT

See if you can get a screen grab of it. When you click the Xbox button and then 'X' it should grab the last 30 seconds of gameplay as a video. You can then get it on your PC by following the instructions in this video:

Thanks for the report! This was an intentional change made to secondary function items. Because extended range on journey mode led to frequently interacting with things on accident, we made hovering the cursor over interactables a requirement to dial this down. Note that all other items without a secondary function don’t have this requirement.

With that being said - would you prefer it if this behaviour was removed in favour of how all other items are handled?

Thanks for the report! This was an intentional change made to secondary function items. Because extended range on journey mode led to frequently interacting with things on accident, we made hovering the cursor over interactables a requirement to dial this down. Note that all other items without a secondary function don’t have this requirement.

With that being said - would you prefer it if this behaviour was removed in favour of how all other items are handled?
Oh, that's why it happens
Then, it would be nice if there was a togglable switch for it so we can have the best of both worlds
Removing it completely would go against how some people would want it to play this version of Terraria now that things have been cleared up

Back
Top Bottom