Xbox One Submitted Friday - PS4 Fixes Out 1.23.18!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and now we wait again.

tnx pipeworks anyways
i-m-waiting-o.gif

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. So happy 1.3 is finally here on consoles. I have looked through some various threads and other internet sources but can't find an answer to my question and I believe in this thread it is relevant. My question is: Seeing as how console code was rewritten and parity across platforms is the new direction, will this mean that updates come to console faster? Seeing as how it is much more similar now. For example, Elder Scrolls Online. Started as a PC game and came to consoles much later. But, as far as updates to the game, they are pretty much all at the same exact time despite your platform. I realize ESO's company is massive, but can we as console players be able to receive new updates and get closer to current PC versions faster? I'm very curious if anyone knows any info on that. Thank you all.

Guys think about it... if Pipeworks sent the game for certification late friday then maybe Friday or Saturday the update will come out. That’s what I think...hmm

Btw I like how Pipeworks did the surprise thing! It made everybody feel a lot better!!
From what I read before, updates for games usually come out Tuesday or Thursday on Xbox, and since it was submitted on Friday, there is, albeit an unlikely chance that it can release tomorrow.

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. So happy 1.3 is finally here on consoles. I have looked through some various threads and other internet sources but can't find an answer to my question and I believe in this thread it is relevant. My question is: Seeing as how console code was rewritten and parity across platforms is the new direction, will this mean that updates come to console faster? Seeing as how it is much more similar now. For example, Elder Scrolls Online. Started as a PC game and came to consoles much later. But, as far as updates to the game, they are pretty much all at the same exact time despite your platform. I realize ESO's company is massive, but can we as console players be able to receive new updates and get closer to current PC versions faster? I'm very curious if anyone knows any info on that. Thank you all.
That's the plan hopefully we will get caught up soon.

We are left to TRUST the cloud.

Given how folks on PS4 have had a mixed bag with the Cloud.... I would recommend having a local and a cloud backup if you can (my internet here is so terrible that I don't even attempt such things on my Xbox...and once MS took away USB backups... yeah :( )

Better safe than sorry until we see how it goes.

That is the general idea. Step one is getting each platform built from one core codebase (at least in regards to Console/Mobile - before, it was almost like 10 different versions) - the "trunk of a tree" if that analogy works. From that trunk, each branch extends.

So, let's take mobile for example.... or Switch... those won't be starting from scratch. They will take the latest and greatest console code (ideally once it is all fixed up to everyone's liking) and then optimize and customize for each platform (as each has its own nuances and requirements and such).

The long term beauty of that being that once everything is established, additions - and even fixes - to the core (the trunk of our tree) benefit ALL of the branches, whereas before it was more of a "one at a time" thing. Up until even now, the work is still going on to that trunk - but long term, I hope that makes sense at least in regards to what the plan and hope is. :)

I've been waiting for this update since I finished Terraria 3 years ago it been a long wait as I have no access to a pc or ps4 but I trust it will pay off multiple times over :pinky:
[doublepost=1516678425,1516678255][/doublepost]
I've been waiting for this update since I finished Terraria 3 years ago it been a long wait as I have no access to a pc or ps4 but I trust it will pay off multiple times over :pinky:

once it comes out for me and 2 of my friends are going to be doing an expert mode class playthrough.

Where my gameboy advance 1.3 at tho.
On a serious note I'm predicting Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or next week, but thanks pipeworks for working your hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom