Xbox One Submitted Friday - PS4 Fixes Out 1.23.18!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of inspiration,
Green streak streams by, Terraria in Microsoft
Terraria, loot at how long he lasts!
Terraria, he comes from the pasts!
Terraria, it's the longest lasting game alive!

I'm at school rn on these forums and it's 10:59 A.M for the time I'm posting this, and I see there's a twitter post for Xbox One about impending news approaching. Does this mean 1.3's out or are we right around the corner? (Sorry if that sounded odd, algebra's confusing)

I'm at school rn on these forums and it's 10:59 A.M for the time I'm posting this, and I see there's a twitter post for Xbox One about impending news approaching. Does this mean 1.3's out or are we right around the corner? (Sorry if that sounded odd, algebra's confusing)
We are all still awaiting for the news to be announced.

They said that they will tell us today, but we have to wait until Pipework is ready to tell

Right around the corner from the looks of it. We should have more news a bit later today.

Not stirring the pot at all but has anyone ever considered they may have had the original submission approved the whole time? Right after the 2nd submittal they sent a patch off for ps4 due to save issues. Judging by the company and their work ethic I wouldn't doubt it went to Microsoft also. That was around a few days after which is consistent with everyone's estimates being off. There's no way they'd retract it or publicly acknowledge it because this place turns into a freaking zoo. I'm not saying that happened, but I'm more or less thinking it would of been a smart move judging by these 80+ pages of incessant badgering, the remainder are mods, admins, or not under their parents roof I'm assuming. Anyway, I too am frustrated beyond belief, but I also appreciate your team's pride in the work you do to make it the best it can be. In this industry there's not too many companies that care about the gamer or their product anymore and I'm glad to have one of the few working on one of my favorite titles so ....... Thank you, it is much appreciated more than you could believe

when microsoft approves an update, pipeworks usually releases it as soon as they can.

Wasn't the update going to be released right when it got certified? If this news if the update being available shouldn't it already be out because they announced it yesterday?

Was there something announced yesterday outside of the epic teasing @ClearConscious was doing on Twitter?

It is not QUITE that straight forward (as it is on, say, Steam where everything is self-service) - as you are dealing with a third party and other competing releases, etc - but yeah, you get it out there as soon as feasible usually. Hotfixes work differently.

Wait, so if they're taking out pets in 1.3, what happens to the achievement for getting all pets? Is that just gonna be a dead achievement?
And is there going to be any new achievements? I know PlayStation has had some achievements that were never on xbox.

Not *all* pets - just the console exclusive ones. PW has made sure Achievements still work. New additions are "Accomplishments" - they do not give trophies/points, but are tracked in the game.

@Loki are there any game breaking / critical bugs for single player only that you know of thats all i play so im just curious if im safe.....i have a theory the news may be announced at 1:30pm their time zone you know 1.3 ya ya ya i know its a stretch but its possible

Was there something announced yesterday outside of the epic teasing @ClearConscious was doing on Twitter?

It is not QUITE that straight forward (as it is on, say, Steam where everything is self-service) - as you are dealing with a third party and other competing releases, etc - but yeah, you get it out there as soon as feasible usually. Hotfixes work differently.

Not *all* pets - just the console exclusive ones. PW has made sure Achievements still work. New additions are "Accomplishments" - they do not give trophies/points, but are tracked in the game.

Wait, what do you mean by the "anything else" thing?

@Loki are there any game breaking / critical bugs for single player only that you know of thats all i play so im just curious if im safe.....i have a theory the news may be announced at 1:30pm their time zone you know 1.3 ya ya ya i know its a stretch but its possible
I think there was an issue with certain dyes causing projectiles becoming invisible.
Btw I like your theory. :)

Just as a bit of a precaution, how has everyone’s worlds been when converting on PS4? I’ve got a huge world which I’ve been working on for almost a year, and it’d be a shame to lose it after so much hard work. Xbox worlds can be tough to recover.

I see a lot of people speculating that this news is going to be word of the release and some who are questioning that if that is the case why haven't they released it yet since they said it would be released as soon as it gets through cert. Let's give these guys a little leniency, they are people too who probably want to enjoy their free time when not at work, and it would be crazy to think that they are just waiting there at 3am to release the update. It will be with us soon, and everyone will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom