Xbox One Submitted Friday - PS4 Fixes Out 1.23.18!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truely dont understand what the goal of that message is, his statement isnt false...but it really depends on how you look @ it. Did pipeworks come right out and say its microsofts fault? No. But they did have people believe that it was "out of their hands" when they knew the update was being pulled out. They led us to believe all we were waiting on was microsofts approval. So they did lead us astray, and in that you can easily say they were redirecting the heat they were getting on the matter, and thats the whole point! Thats why people are upset. Like you guys are supposed to try and keep the peace, but you are targeting people who are upset with pipeworks and thats completely biased. People have expressed that exact thought/feeling on these forums the last two weeks because thats how it went down. If this isnt a place where we can voice our opinion then just come out and say that. Im not trying to start a big arguement here but do comments about how we/he/she whoever! feel about pipeworks really deserve the scorn you seem to be dishing out? Like seriously.. You dont want to "regurgitate the explanations that have been given" how you talk to people is absolutely shameful, and just to clarify..Excuses are not explanations I dont care if you block me from this forum, i was respectful as i could be, and i dont think i broke any rules, unless i offended you're almighty-ness , that seems to be cause for quite a few bans on this site. but the way some of you talk to people on here is just...not right. You breed more hate then you get rid of that way. To add to that, i know people shouldnt obviouslysly be saying hate chants about pipeworks, but we should be aloud to be upset and explain why that is.
Xbox players aren't being targeted by the mods for their anger and negativity. The are being moderated for their personal attacks on the developers and other users on the forums calling them out on their mistakes. Saying you feel lied to or that Pipeworks is handling this badly is fine. Saying how :red:ty Pipeworks are and calling them idiots isn't.

Saying Pipeworks knew they were gonna pull the update the whole time is hyperbolic. It's much more likely they were going to let the update finish certification, but when they realized how long it was taking they could have figured it would be best to go ahead and plug in the major fixes they found and resubmit it later. Just because circumstances changed doesn't mean everyone knew it was coming, businesses don't know everything. Besides, the bugs in question were major world/character deleting issues that XB1 players would not have any ability to recover from. Would anyone really have been happy with a parity release time if XB1 players still got :red:ed over by bugs while PS4 players just restored their backups? Does everyone really want to lose all their stuff they spent all this time making and collecting that bad?

Last edited:
Xbox players aren't being targeted by the mods for their anger and negativity. The are being moderated for their personal attacks on the developers and other users on the forums calling them out on their mistakes. Saying you feel lied to or that Pipeworks is handling this badly is fine. Saying how :red:ty Pipeworks are and calling them to idiots isn't.

Saying Pipeworks knew they were gonna pull the update the whole time is hyperbolic. It's much more likely they were going to let the update finish certification, but when they realized how long it was taking they could have figured it would be best to go ahead and plug in the major fixes they found and resubmit it later. Just because circumstances changed doesn't mean everyone knew it was coming, businesses don't know everything. Besides, the bugs in question were major world/character deleting issues that XB1 players would not have any ability to recover from. Would anyone really have been happy with a parity release time if XB1 players still got :red:ed over by bugs while PS4 players just restored their backups? Does everyone really want to lose all their stuff they spent all this time making and collecting that bad?
Please dont twist my words to make you're point clearer, i never said it was xbox players being targeted. It's people who are expressing discontenr with pipeworks. The people who call them :red:s and the like, thats not who i was referring to. Obviously that isnt necessary, the person who says he's upset about being lied to? Manipulated? Thats who that comment was for, and im pretty damn sure that comment the guy made earlier was far from an attack of any caliber. It was what countless people who have said on here already, dont you think there is a reason for that? They realized how long it was taking? Unlikely...they were hinting at pulling it out before christmas, and it was submitted days before they went on holiday, so that isnt even relevant. It cant be certified if the team is on break , and you are completely missing the point and deviating around the fact of what was said. I agree the update was in shambles and it should have been fixed before being released to the public. Although many people are upset about the delay, including myself, it was in need of repair. Its the fact that they let everyone believe it was coming any day, if you've been following the threads like i've been you can see the huge gap in time where it could have been addressed. People were lied too, theres no getting around that. It's all wordplay with companys like this, with their reputation on the line. If you choose to eat the :red: they spew at you, then thats you're perogative. Go back and show me where anyone was saying they're idiots, or a joke of a company, because thats not who i was defending. Ive seen it time and time again, within my month of being on this forum. People who are pissed, and rightfully expressing reasonable unsatisfaction , and doing it respectfully have been pretty much told to :red: off. What point were you trying to get across? Because everything you just brought up was irrelevant to what i said. Maybe you should go back and read what was said? Pretty sure its exactly along the lines of feeling lied to and mad about how the update was handled. Which you just said is perfectly fine, so which is it?

Last edited:
I love this game and I play Xbox1, but at this point im not sure xbox players deserve 1.3. Pipeworks has worked so hard, and yes, im mad about the delays, but its worth it. They have gotten so much hate. Just stay positive and wait for pipeworks to show their best update to you.
Alright. I’m not accusing you of anything, but I just wanted to let you know that not all Xbox players are hating on Pipeworks, and neither am I. Of course, that’s probably what you meant, but if not I just wanted to let you know...

Please dont twist my words to make you're point clearer, i never said it was xbox players being targeted. It's people who are expressing discontenr with pipeworks. The people who call them :red:s and the like, thats not who i was referring to. Obviously that isnt necessary, the person who says he's upset about being lied to? Manipulated? Thats who that comment was for, and im pretty damn sure that comment the guy made earlier was far from an attack of any caliber. It was what countless people who have said on here already, dont you think there is a reason for that? They realized how long it was taking? Unlikely...they were hinting at pulling it out before christmas, and it was submitted days before they went on holiday, so that isnt even relevant. It cant be certified if the team is on break , and you are completely missing the point and deviating around the fact of what was said. I agree the update was in shambles and it should have been fixed before being released to the public. Although many people are upset about the delay, including myself, it was in need of repair. Its the fact that they let everyone believe it was coming any day, if you've been following the threads like i've been you can see the huge gap in time where it could have been addressed. People were lied too, theres no getting around that. It's all wordplay with companys like this, with their reputation on the line. If you choose to eat the :red: they spew at you, then thats you're perogative. Go back and show me where anyone was saying they're idiots, or a joke of a company, because thats not who i was defending. Ive seen it time and time again, within my month of being on this forum. People who are pissed, and rightfully expressing reasonable unsatisfaction , and doing it respectfully have been pretty much told to :red: off. What point were you trying to get across? Because everything you just brought up was irrelevant to what i said.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

My point, and the point others have put across, is that Pipeworks haven't intentionally or maliciously done something wrong to the Xbox community. Stuff happened, some of which was outside of Pipeworks control, and Xbox got delayed longer. The blame game isn't doing anyone a bit of good. The "poor unfortunate Xbox community" martyrdom line is getting old too. XB1 isn't the afterthought people in this thread want everyone to believe.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but opinions can be based on bad logic. Yours is in that category.

I love this game and I play Xbox1, but at this point im not sure xbox players deserve 1.3. Pipeworks has worked so hard, and yes, im mad about the delays, but its worth it. They have gotten so much hate. Just stay positive and wait for pipeworks to show their best update to you.
I personally don't have a hateful bone in my body, I had them all removed.....

Please dont twist my words to make you're point clearer, i never said it was xbox players being targeted. It's people who are expressing discontenr with pipeworks. The people who call them :red:s and the like, thats not who i was referring to. Obviously that isnt necessary, the person who says he's upset about being lied to? Manipulated? Thats who that comment was for, and im pretty damn sure that comment the guy made earlier was far from an attack of any caliber. It was what countless people who have said on here already, dont you think there is a reason for that? They realized how long it was taking? Unlikely...they were hinting at pulling it out before christmas, and it was submitted days before they went on holiday, so that isnt even relevant. It cant be certified if the team is on break , and you are completely missing the point and deviating around the fact of what was said. I agree the update was in shambles and it should have been fixed before being released to the public. Although many people are upset about the delay, including myself, it was in need of repair. Its the fact that they let everyone believe it was coming any day, if you've been following the threads like i've been you can see the huge gap in time where it could have been addressed. People were lied too, theres no getting around that. It's all wordplay with companys like this, with their reputation on the line. If you choose to eat the :red: they spew at you, then thats you're perogative. Go back and show me where anyone was saying they're idiots, or a joke of a company, because thats not who i was defending. Ive seen it time and time again, within my month of being on this forum. People who are pissed, and rightfully expressing reasonable unsatisfaction , and doing it respectfully have been pretty much told to :red: off. What point were you trying to get across? Because everything you just brought up was irrelevant to what i said. Maybe you should go back and read what was said? Pretty sure its exactly along the lines of feeling lied to and mad about how the update was handled. Which you just said is perfectly fine, so which is it?
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

My point, and the point others have put across, is that Pipeworks haven't intentionally or maliciously done something wrong to the Xbox community. Stuff happened, some of which was outside of Pipeworks control, and Xbox got delayed longer. The blame game isn't doing anyone a bit of good. The "poor unfortunate Xbox community" martyrdom line is getting old too. XB1 isn't the afterthought people in this thread want everyone to believe.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but opinions can be based on bad logic. Yours is in that category.
You two are welcome to have this debate, but things are starting to veer off topic. If you want to keep going please take it to a Private Message or one of your profiles.

Additionally please remember to debate the posts and not the poster, some of the sentiment lately is getting close to problematic.

Im not saying they purposely went out of their way to screw xbox, it doesnt matter who got screwed, people did, and those people are aloud to be mad. Ps4 or xbox, and honestly i think thats what really rubbed everyone the wrong way. "Its out of our control". When you :red: up, the best thing to do is to not make excuses on why. Where in life does that workout for you? Well tell me why my logic is so bad? Why am i unjustified in feeling this way?
[doublepost=1516936688,1516936621][/doublepost]
You two are welcome to have this debate, but things are starting to veer off topic. If you want to keep going please take it to a Private Message or one of your profiles.

Additionally please remember to debate the posts and not the poster, some of the sentiment lately is getting close to problematic.
You're right, i'm done. Its not going anywhere

and doing it respectfully have been pretty much told to :red: off.
Pennywise%25281%2529.jpg

In a galaxy far far away... In a time long ago... Another world had Terraria 1.3 on Xbox1 and PS4 only a year after it came out on pc!

There is still strange stuttering and freezes in the underworld/jungles on multiplayer (Just being on multiplayer without anyone joining causes the stuttering too). The stuttering level is quite severe and causes 1-3 seconds of the screen being frozen. I just wanted to mention this because it causes progression extremely difficult when your on expert mode and you freeze constantly. I have tested it and it occurs on expert mode and normal.

Ultimately my husband and I are really disappointed as multiplayer stability is still far below the previous console version. We appreciate the hard work put into the update, but it is disappointing to see this issue completely untouched after waiting a month for the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom