Xbox One Submitted Friday - PS4 Fixes Out 1.23.18!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duping items will likely never be removed; doing so would require changing game mechanics in a way that Re-Logic does not want to go. Item duping has been in the game from the beginning and is still in the current PC version. Whether you love it or hate it, it's part of the game. Items have no intrinsic value and duped items are indistinguishable from 'legit' ones.

'Exit without saving' was likely removed to prevent people accidentally doing that and losing a lot of progression, not to curb item duping. Just my opinion, I'm not positive about that. I just don't believe that the developers care that much one way or the other about item duping.

No one from Microsoft is reading this forum for your reactions. Calling up MS or Xbox support and complaining will have no effect on what they do, and making threats to stop subscriptions or to stop playing will also have no effect other than for them to shrug and say, "so what?" No one you are likely able to contact at MS has anything to do with the certification process or will give out any information about it.

We see a lot of chatter about Minecraft and Fortnite getting updates. Microsoft owns Mojang and likely has MC in a constant QA/certification cycle, and of course can release updates faster and whenever they want - it's one of their flagship games. Epic Games (Fortnite) is a massively larger studio than the combined Pipeworks/Re-Logic team, and this is like comparing a raisin to a watermelon. Microsoft isn't going to change their policies/procedures because of a few angry comments on the Internet. Once again, we ask you for your patience, the updates will be coming sooner than many of your dire predictions.

We also see a few people repeating unfounded rumors - "someone on Twitter said this" or "someone at Microsoft said that" - these are not valid sources of information, and blindly repeating unfounded rumors as fact is not expressing an opinion, it is giving false information. Please stop repeating these baseless rumors. The only sources of verifiable information concerning the updates and patches are people identifiable as Pipeworks or Re-Logic people, either here on this forum or on their official social media. If the staff determines that someone is posting false information simply to get people riled up, that person will be dealt with swiftly.

Have to say Microsoft isn't doing very well with Mojang/Minecraft, either. Been playing (or trying to...) the new Bedrock Edition, and it should much more accurately be called the Glitchy Together Edition. The tick rate is so slow grass and crops don't grow, which makes building extremely difficult if you want to use wood or wool. Mob spawning, especially hostile mobs, is completely borked, to the point even the physical spawner cages have stopped working, and despite dozens upon dozens of bug reports centering on that, they have done absolutely SFA to fix it. Pipeworks is actually much more prompt and more thorough with updates and squashing bugs before release.

Don't get me started on Minecraft. This is the wrong forum for that and that is a rant that can last hours.

I'm going to go sleep now. I need to refresh my vocabulary of profanity before the next attempt at a build I'm trying to work on in MC.

Everyone needs to remember that non of this chitter chatter online matters and the game will eventually come. Getting impatient but I’m still supporting them. Do we not remember the power behind a screen story? It will come hopefully soon.

I don't really care! Its the fact that I'm slightly worried about my world. I just started my first playthrough(strict ranged only) and I just beat the Twins. I don't want to lose all my progress because it took a long time for me.

Just a thought about updates still popping up, isnt it possible these updates for fortnite or minecraft were sent in way ahead of time? If it still has to have the magic button pressed by the developer, couldnt they just be sitting on an update until they feel its the best time to release it, especially if its added content. Id imagine these things get processed weeks before they're actually released to the public. That would be the smart way to go about it. As long as nothing new is in their patch , it can "updated" anytime after certification. Just my thoughts on why some games are still getting updates before others, like terraria, Obviously.

Just a thought about updates still popping up, isnt it possible these updates for fortnite or minecraft were sent in way ahead of time? If it still has to have the magic button pressed by the developer, couldnt they just be sitting on an update until they feel its the best time to release it, especially if its added content. Id imagine these things get processed weeks before they're actually released to the public. That would be the smart way to go about it. As long as nothing new is in their patch , it can "updated" anytime after certification. Just my thoughts on why some games are still getting updates before others, like terraria, Obviously.
I think it depends on how popular the game is currently, fortnite is super popular so it's a higher priority.

Have we got a date yet they keep saying we’re close to a date but we still don’t have one or does anyone know a good estimate when it will be out

Hey look, Xbox seems to care enough about 1.3 to do a video on terraria with the description mentioning the update
I wouldn't read too much into this. This video could have been made at any time in the past few months, and just published today.

Note that they don't show any 1.3 content, and show the older UI (not making a judgement about that).

Just like the earlier store page update, Microsoft's marketing department isn't on the same schedule as their technical/support side.

I wouldn't read too much into this. This video could have been made at any time in the past few months, and just published today.

Note that they don't show any 1.3 content, and show the older UI (not making a judgement about that).

Just like the earlier store page update, Microsoft's marketing department isn't on the same schedule as their technical/support side.
Im not sure, it would be a big coincidence if it did come out on Monday and they just so happened to make this video.

ugh I'm getting tired of the wait too guys but I'm also getting tired of the MS speculation and or speaking for them we can wait one more week it sucks but it's not gonna kill u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom