XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Fine then take it.

Good thing I decided to run the game to test if I had the right build at the very last second:
59f4e59e07.png

I'd be kinda annoyed if I had to stare at that all day...wait...

FYI Quick Torch doesn't work at all...
thank you! but when i instal it, and then when i try to run it, it says "please run with steam client"

Fine then take it.

Good thing I decided to run the game to test if I had the right build at the very last second:
59f4e59e07.png

I'd be kinda annoyed if I had to stare at that all day...wait...

FYI Quick Torch doesn't work at all...
actually maybe this will help with helping me, i have the gog version because i really dont like the DRM policies. i used to get the error code above for whatever reason idk, but now i have one saying i need steam api or something like that. i installed it to the gog folder. what did i do wrong and how do i fix it?

"modders of popular mods"? There are like 7 or 8 people who even use this mod.
I counted 6 just on the page I'm quoting from, add me and my girlfriend to that, and whoever else has commented in this thread. Then you got all the people like me that don't normally comment. Don't discount your work dude, you have a following.
And some of us check back here daily, waiting for updates. (and perhaps I'm not the only one that has trouble physically playing with a keyboard and mouse for medical reasons)
From the creator of Pokemon Perfect Platinum, Perfect Heart, and Perfect Soul, I understand that sometimes the work seems thankless and not worth your time, but understand, you do have fans that follow your work and greatly appreciate the time you put in.

I counted 6 just on the page I'm quoting from, add me and my girlfriend to that, and whoever else has commented in this thread. Then you got all the people like me that don't normally comment. Don't discount your work dude, you have a following.
And some of us check back here daily, waiting for updates. (and perhaps I'm not the only one that has trouble physically playing with a keyboard and mouse for medical reasons)
From the creator of Pokemon Perfect Platinum, Perfect Heart, and Perfect Soul, I understand that sometimes the work seems thankless and not worth your time, but understand, you do have fans that follow your work and greatly appreciate the time you put in.

Heard!!! <3

Medical problems are the same reason I have a hard time using a keyboard and mouse for gaming. I usually use Pinnacle Game Profiler for anything that doesn't have controller support now that I have it, but it just doesn't work with certain games. This and Edge of Space being the hardest to try playing with. This mod is absolutely wonderful when it's updated properly. Right now though I'm making due with k/m, and going through Expert mode. This game is more forgiving with my condition, so it's still playable.

All that said, I really look forward to an update/remake. Meowmaritus is an awesome programmer. I kind of wish Re-logic would just hire him, and let him program official support for controllers.

Ok so anybody that wishes to help motivate me to work on XGSM, please answer this strawpoll about why you use XGSM (you do not need to login or anything to vote)

This will basically let me see how many people actually even care about this mod.

I voted for both options, because it's true. Keep in mind that people might do that. Unless there is something on that site to take that into account it could skew the numbers a bit.

Hey, made an account just to let you know how much I love this mod. Probably one of the most professional looking and functioning mods I've seen. Fantastic work mate, and even if you don't continue it, i wanted to say thank you. :)

I'm a game dev and mod maker too, and I can really tell how much time and effort has gone into this.

I hope you continue but good luck regardless in what you do next!

Gonna go ahead and point out 72 people have voted on your poll, well over the 8 or 9 people you thought their were.

And it's safe to assume not everyone who enjoys or looks forward to the mod knows about the poll anyway.

I have also been following for quite a while. Since well before this mod came to these forums. The only reason I even know these forums exist is because of following your mod.

Created an account here to say thank you and I hope prism comes along and makes things easier for you and you continue this mod. I understand you do it for free in your own time and am one of the many who are grateful for what you have done to bring controller support to this game. I have decompiled the game and read through all of the code you wrote and was amazed at how much thought and detail you invested in making the mod. Back when you posted that you deleted all of your source code and backups I thought you were a madman.

There are several other people who I play with who can only play Terraria with your mod. I was one of the people who played terraria on a console first. So I did not like the old keyboard and mouse controls. Once I saw how much more there was on the PC version and they added the auto select for blocks it made it much easier to play on PC. But playing with a keyboard and mouse on a 22 inch computer screen is far inferior to playing with a wireless xbox controller from a recliner on a 60 inch tv.

But when I saw your mod was out and I used it, it was great. I tried the whole pinnacle thing and it just was not as good as the console controls. I was amazed when I installed your mod only to see you took what the consoles did well for terraria and added even more to it.

I have other friends who play and literally cannot play with a keyboard and mouse due to them being console exclusive players for many years. I have always been a go between where I play on consoles and PC. So it is a little easier for me to acclimate to the keyboard and mouse. I get asked by them every couple of days if the mod is out yet.

So since they don't come here themselves I will relay another 5 people who I personally know that love and appreciate your mod. Plus my wife and daughter who play with it as well. So my vote that I cast on your poll plus 7 others.

Last edited:
Wow, a little over 100 votes when I checked a little while ago. Which would mean if everyone voted like I did, then you would have around 50 people using the mod.

Just wanted to add my tuppenceworth - ive been following for a long while but not commenting, maybe i should have along with others to let you know how much its appreciated that you made this mod. i play terraria with my son on console but now he loves watching pedguin and yrimir etc on youtube and is so excited to play '1.3' but he cant use a m/k (because hes 6 lol). Also my brother now plays terraria with me because of this mod, he would never have played if it was with m/k.

Basically im saying pleeeeease dont give up yet on this standalone mod, it seems so close to being finished, only thiing ive seen missing thats obvious is the automine from consoles/'ctrl key' smart target thingmy. It really is a phenomenal mod.

Oh and a special mention to your skills for translating WASD into analogue movement with the joystick. It makes it even better. What sort of witchcraft is that?!

And incidentally to some of the other commenter's - Can we at least TRY to be civil and show some appreciation for what is done rather than showing expectation/assumption that he somehow 'owes' it to us to finish it? Its not hard to be nice.

Last edited:
Nicely put marcoboyle. I especially agree with your point in the last paragraph regarding showing appreciation for what Meowmaritus has done. The guy isn't making any profit for this, it's purely something that he does which benefits others. And it's free. Some people in this thread need to think before they type, and then think again. Their attitude will only dissuade Meowmaritus from contining his work.

I bought Terraria at GoG just after 1.3 came out. Played on the PS3 before, but wanted access to the new content and finally got 2 working, decent PC's so I don't have to play split-screen with the GF.

She's not used to KB/M and I want to avoid it whenever I can since I work on a computer 8 hours a day. Really looking forward to trying out the mod!

Back
Top Bottom