1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Discussion in 'Released' started by Meowmaritus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Cerebrum123

Cerebrum123 Terrarian

Honestly, I liked your mod better, but now you don't have to redo the mod. I mean, unless you really wanted to.

2. Bezglavi jahac

Bezglavi jahac Terrarian

Hi,
    can you please explain how did you make the other terraria window to stay highlighted (on top) in your mod when trying to play splitscreen?
    I want to play the latest terraria version that has integrated gamepad support splitscreen, if that is possible.
    Thanks

3. Meowmaritus

Meowmaritus Terrarian

I set this.InactiveSleepTime = 0; in Main.Update()

You'll have to decompile, edit the code, and recompile the game.

4. Bezglavi jahac

Bezglavi jahac Terrarian

Thank you for your reply,
    but is there an easier way not requiring to edit the code because I am not experienced in coding.
    Thanks again

5. Vikeyev

Vikeyev Terrarian

I decompiled the game but the only reference to InactiveSleepTime in the whole code is this:

Code:
    public TimeSpan InactiveSleepTime
            {
                get
                {
                    return TimeSpan.Zero;
                }
                set
                {
                }
            }
    Unfortunately, I have no idea how to set it to the way in which you have it.

Ok I found another in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/Game/

Although I doubt changing anything in that would do much besides throw me an error.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  6. dariushine

dariushine Terrarian

Man, your mod is way better than the actual controller support in the new version. Better UI, splitscreen support, controller lock...

Evilgrapez likes this.
  7. greg065

greg065 Terrarian

Yeah, me too..
    Meowmaritus, can you re-do the mod just for the splitscreen?

8. Kardfogu

Kardfogu Steampunker

Definitely better than the game's own controller support, but what would we expect? Please Meowmaritus, we need your knowledge once more.

9. Cosmi

Cosmi Terrarian

Ayy, i have a question about this. Is it possible to run the mod without gamelauncher or install gamelauncher without admin?
    (or play normal terraria splitscreen)

10. Revolving Ocelot

Revolving Ocelot Terrarian

There is official controller support so this mod is no longer being worked on.

11. crowwurm

crowwurm Terrarian

Has it came out? cuz im sick of this "cannot find image" script error.. lol

12. crowwurm

crowwurm Terrarian

Hey, so im having an issue setting this up.. Something about not being able to find an image file. Im linking the post I miss posted in the in game help forums, but I know you mr. dude, and can help me out. so heres the link.. I have image files uploaded in it as well, and if anyone else wants to comment feel free.. I just wanna share, or split a screen with my gf, cuz it seems like it would be bad :red: for local co-op, and for us playing with other friends. Thanks for your time man. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/xinput-cant-find-image-files.48204/
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2016 ---
    http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/xinput-cant-find-image-files.48204/ cant find images error (running 1.3 (latest on steam as of july, 2016)

13. Meowmaritus

Meowmaritus Terrarian

Sorry but this version of the game won't work without the original content files from Terraria 1.2.4.1, which you'll have to find from somewhere online.

14. TheFireyGamer101

TheFireyGamer101 Terrarian

Well i need help i got gamelauncher and installed the mod and when i launch it it just says that some files are missing can you put like a video on how to install it please or fix the error

-TheFireyGamer101

Lol idk ------>:mad: `:passionate:
    :pumpking:

15. [FR] Aymerhic

[FR] Aymerhic Official Terrarian

It's an 1.2.4.1 mod,isntalling gamelauncher wont make you able to play this mod,its discontinued due to gamepad support on 1.3

16. Pepek [PL]

Pepek [PL] Terrarian

@Meowmaritus
    I know about it is my first post but i have Question to you.
    Can you make Mod to actual version with splitscreen T-T

Tntimothy likes this.
  17. Tntimothy

Tntimothy Terrarian

Can u please update this mod to 1.3.5.3

18. Essa20

Essa20 Skeletron Prime

I connected a dualshock 4 wireless driver to my computer and loaded up Xinput but it acts like the controller isn't even connected,can someone help?:confused:o_O

19. Kotarou

Kotarou Terrarian

Can somebody help me with this problem? Im playing in the correct version and i try everything!

Problem:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\PlayerPulley". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\PlayerPulley.xnb". File not found.
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    em Terraria.Main.LoadContent() na c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:linha 5287
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
    em Terraria.Main.Initialize() na c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Main.cs:linha 5078
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    em Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    em Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args) na c:\Game Projects\XGSM\1.2.4.1\GreenCat77.XGSM\Terraria\Program.cs:linha 71