XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

I believe I've installed everything correctly, but when I use the D pad on the xbox controller, the map pops up suddenly and stays on top of everything else so I can't see... Not sure how to fix?? Any help would be appreciated.

Hit the corresponding D-Pad direction again. It simply changes between the different map options.

Listen man I love that you made this mod because people showing love for controller support is always good IMO. But I tried it and I personally like just using Joytokey to play with my controller better. This ISN'T to say that this mod is bad or poorly created or anything of the like. It's actually very well done. The control style just wasn't to my taste. I prefer the cursor for most actions except aiming. So this is where my feature request comes in. Any way you could either implement in this mod or make a separate mod that allows one to aim anything such as a projectile melee weapon, a ranged weapon, a magic weapon, or throwing items such as glowsticks by simply pointing that direction with the stick but not have anything else about the game's native controls changed? Basically to put it in different words, I want to aim weapons the same way this mod allows players to aim weapons but I want everything else to be normal Terraria controls.

Listen man I love that you made this mod because people showing love for controller support is always good IMO. But I tried it and I personally like just using Joytokey to play with my controller better. This ISN'T to say that this mod is bad or poorly created or anything of the like. It's actually very well done. The control style just wasn't to my taste. I prefer the cursor for most actions except aiming. So this is where my feature request comes in. Any way you could either implement in this mod or make a separate mod that allows one to aim anything such as a projectile melee weapon, a ranged weapon, a magic weapon, or throwing items such as glowsticks by simply pointing that direction with the stick but not have anything else about the game's native controls changed? Basically to put it in different words, I want to aim weapons the same way this mod allows players to aim weapons but I want everything else to be normal Terraria controls.
I will add the option to partially disable the mod like you want, but I just hope you realize that you can configure the controls however you want on this mod by editing the config file.

I will add the option to partially disable the mod like you want, but I just hope you realize that you can configure the controls however you want on this mod by editing the config file.
If it is possible to already make the mod do what I requested, then I will have to look into it more later on. I didn't have a very long time to play with it yet honestly and I'm new to modding Terraria as well. I will look at it more when I'm not so busy with finals. :sigh:Thank you for reading my request though. I appreciate it.

If it is possible to already make the mod do what I requested, then I will have to look into it more later on. I didn't have a very long time to play with it yet honestly and I'm new to modding Terraria as well. I will look at it more when I'm not so busy with finals. :sigh:Thank you for reading my request though. I appreciate it.

You can kind of do this already with the different aiming features for melee ranged etc. then switch over to the unlimited version of cursor movement. Just click the right stick in when you want to change how you are aiming/moving the cursor. I could be misunderstanding you though.

I just now downloaded this mod and already in just 10 minutes im LOVING the possibilities!!!

Using a PS4 controller linked to PC with Cronusmax Plus, and latest GameLauncher and Greencats Mod.

A few questions though.....

1. How do I change the controls? Im not sure that I want to, but there might be things I want to personalize. I see that I can select a profile with the XB "Y" button, but I cant find any way to make a new profile, or change the default.

2. All of the graphical buttons are set for a XB360 controller. Is there an alt graphical scheme for Dualshock4 controllers. Its a tad confusing to be looking at XB buttons and hitting PS4 controller buttons :p

3. Opening up chests close to each other and the "toggle" option. Im having issues here. Sometimes when it toggles it doesnt correctly read the name of the chest (says un named) yet it has a name. Also selecting the proper chest in a stack is VERY cumbersome. What am I missing here? The cursor highlights only 1 chest and doesnt highlight the chest you are opening/inspecting?

Running my Terraria thru Steam so I guess the GoG issue is a nonissue for me.

Any advice on using this mod appreciated. Im reading all the threads now but theres alot of posts in several different threads.

Last edited:
I just now downloaded this mod and already in just 10 minutes im LOVING the possibilities!!!

Using a PS4 controller linked to PC with Cronusmax Plus, and latest GameLauncher and Greencats Mod.

A few questions though.....

1. How do I change the controls? Im not sure that I want to, but there might be things I want to personalize. I see that I can select a profile with the XB "Y" button, but I cant find any way to make a new profile, or change the default.

2. All of the graphical buttons are set for a XB360 controller. Is there an alt graphical scheme for Dualshock4 controllers. Its a tad confusing to be looking at XB buttons and hitting PS4 controller buttons :p

3. Opening up chests close to each other and the "toggle" option. Im having issues here. Sometimes when it toggles it doesnt correctly read the name of the chest (says un named) yet it has a name. Also selecting the proper chest in a stack is VERY cumbersome. What am I missing here? The cursor highlights only 1 chest and doesnt highlight the chest you are opening/inspecting?

Running my Terraria thru Steam so I guess the GoG issue is a nonissue for me.

Any advice on using this mod appreciated. Im reading all the threads now but theres alot of posts in several different threads.

You need to go into one of the files for the config to change things for now. PS themed buttons is an option already, so you just need to enable that.

Do u know how to do either of the things u mentioned? Any confit file I open up with notepad is either gibberish like %#***. 33. $@ etc..... OR I can't open up some of the apparent config files at all.

Any idea how to do the ps buttons?

Thx!

Do u know how to do either of the things u mentioned? Any confit file I open up with notepad is either gibberish like %#***. 33. $@ etc..... OR I can't open up some of the apparent config files at all.

Any idea how to do the ps buttons?

Thx!

Let me look for the workaround, maybe I got it wrong.

Can you help me: I made a custom profile, named it, configured, selected it but everytime I launch the game it goes back to Default profile.
Edit: Found a workaround by copying the data of my profile .xcpf onto default .xcpf, but now I have another problem: that I cant mine nor place blocks, just interact with in nearby me and use weapons.

Try doing that.

Im not even to add a profile or change anything....Maybe im just straight up doing something wrong.

Installed Gamelauncher latest version (3.2.1.7). Installed Greencats Mod version 2.8.5)

When I load Terraria from steam Gamelauncher comes up and I have Greencats Mod listed. Hit launch and Terraria starts and mod seems to work fine with my PS4 controller for basic use of the mod and its functions.

I have 2 locations of files.

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria - there are files such as Terraria_XBCM and other files obviously associated with gamelauncher and this mod

2. C:\Users\Dawgdoc\Documents\My Games\Terraria - I have a Gamelauncher folder and I have a Xbox Controller Mod folder. Inside of the Xbox Controller Mod folder is a subfolder called profiles, and a XBCM_Config file which doesnt appear to have much in there.

When I try to open Terraria XBCM I get an error that states "Steam API was found. You could not be verified as the owner of this Steam copy of Terraria." It gives me this same error if i try to open up gamelauncher without steam opened or by itself. Ive tried opened this file no matter if Im in Terriaria not...In Steam or not...etc...Always says the same thing.

I assume that file is the file to change config settings? As I stated before I cant really open up any of the other files with notepad all i get is gibberish, and I cant open up any files with extensions of *.pdb.

Have I done something wrong? Is something not working as expected? I really want to use this mod but need help figuring out how to:
1. Change keybinds
2. Change button graphics to PS instead of Xbox.

TY!

PS - As stated before I am connecting my PS4 to my PC with a Cronusmax Plus. I dont think that factors into anything at all as far as I can tell. It works fine as stated before I just need to accomplish the 2 aforementioned things before I can really start to use and enjoy this mod fully.

Last edited:
  • Delete steam_api.dll (make a backup first!) - this tricks it into thinking you have the GoG version (stupid, I know, blame GoG for existing)
  • Run Terraria_XBCM directly
  • The default profile will automatically be generated in "Documents\My Games\Terraria\Xbox Controller Mod\Profiles\Default.xcpf"
  • It's in JSON format so you can edit it with a text editor:
  • bf405f81d5.png
Note that you need to restore your backup of steam_api.dll in order to play regular Terraria or use GameLauncher.

Last edited:
Green cat Ty! Gonna work on that right now. Any suggestion on how to switch from xbox button graphics to ps button graphics?

Green cat Ty! Gonna work on that right now. Any suggestion on how to switch from xbox button graphics to ps button graphics?
In the config file, change the "UsePS3Icons" setting, under "Settings" from "False" to "True". It's really not as hard as you think it is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In the config file, change the "UsePS3Icons" setting, under "Settings" from "False" to "True". It's really not as hard as you think it is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TYVM again.

and....LOL awesome emote there ive not seen that one before. I dont even know how to recreate it :)

The last (very small) update of XGSM - Version 2.9:
  • Mod Changes:
    • Fully renamed all resources of the mod to the new name, XGSM, rather than XBCM.
    • Changed profile save directory to ".\My Documents\My Games\Terraria\Meowmaritus\XInput GamePad Support Mod\Profiles"
    • Removed UsePS3Controls from Settings section of config profiles
    • Added ButtonIconType to Settings section of config profiles. Possible Values:
      • "Xbox360"
      • "XboxOne"
      • "PS3"
      • "PS4"
    • Updated existing button icons to look nicer.
    • Added button icons for Xbox One and PS4.
    • Very minor bug fixes.
  • Installer Package Changes:
    • Made installer much nicer.
    • Added better information.
    • Added licenses.
    • Added option to choose whether to install each component of the mod separately, including PDBs.

New Button Icons:
o9g4LGQ.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom