XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Sorry. I remembered you saying one time that some of the coding in this game is bad. I thought that if some of it was cleared up it might make things easier. Then again I don't know much about programming.
Yeah the coding was mostly just awful but they did actually clean it up for 1.3 like never before, but it's still not very helpful due to a large portion of it being messy still.

I just wanna mention that I have XGSM 3.0 up and running on Terraria 1.3.0.2. I'm still working on fixing a few bugs as well as adding support for a few new menu types (such as the character select menu) and adding a few requested features (adjustable menu cursor speed, adjustable menu cursor acceleration, etc). I will probably be done sometime next week. Also, if Terraria 1.3.0.3 comes out in the meantime, I should be able to update the mod really quickly.

I just wanna mention that I have XGSM 3.0 up and running on Terraria 1.3.0.2. I'm still working on fixing a few bugs as well as adding support for a few new menu types (such as the character select menu) and adding a few requested features (adjustable menu cursor speed, adjustable menu cursor acceleration, etc). I will probably be done sometime next week. Also, if Terraria 1.3.0.3 comes out in the meantime, I should be able to update the mod really quickly.
I just decided I wanted to try Terraria with a controller so I'm glad to see I will with all the new stuff next week! Thanks for making what seems to be an amazing mod :happy:

I just bought Terraria, but unfortunately I can't play for very long due to issues with my hand and the use of a mouse. So this is exactly what I have been looking for, thank you very much and I look forward to it.

If you could get the 1.3 version out asap that'd be amazing. One of my friends is an enormous console peasant and can't play with a KB+M or else it gives him some sort of PC transmitted disease or something.

If you could get the 1.3 version out asap that'd be amazing. One of my friends is an enormous console peasant and can't play with a KB+M or else it gives him some sort of PC transmitted disease or something.
ehh i got some weird bug i dont really feel like fixing where all the tiles randomly dissapear and the game lags out. I'm trying to play 1.3 myself lol i dont feel like working on the mod

Super exited about this, I can't play with M+KB anymore so you are doing Gods work man. Thanks a lot, we really appreciate it.

Since your mod requires Gamelauncher which hasent been updated yet, will that cause problems?
Not nearly as much problems as the existence of the GOG.com version of Terraria caused.

how soon do you think this will update to 1.3?
I'm actually just about done with adding new features and fixing bugs related to my mod with 1.3.0.3. However, we (tAPI devs, etc.) are all having some serious issues with the recompiled source code of the game, such as crashes on world generation, crashes on world saving, worlds saving incorrectly, and the game running out of memory and crashing after about 5 seconds of gameplay (which only happens for me and none of the other devs :redmunch: ), to name a few. We are (or at least I am) working hard on trying to get these bugs sorted out so that we can work on modding stuff and whatnot, but for now you'll just have to be patient, sorry. Also, if a new version of Terraria comes out, such as 1.3.0.4, it won't hinder my updating of this mod very much, so don't worry about that.

Only double posting to bump, but uhh *ahem* I fixed the main issue I had with the game running out of memory and crashing so I'm actually able to play the game to test it out. Additionally, the worldgen crashing and savefile issues were (apparently) fixed by some other nerds on #tapi. However, there's still at least one bug right now: seeing other players in multiplayer crashes the game. So uhh, it will probably be a few days until we get all the bugs fixed at this rate lol

Back
Top Bottom