XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

How do I downgrade it to 1.2.4.1? I hve game launcher running right now and everytime I try and run Xinout Gampad Support Mod, it gives me that error
X is mapped to grappling hook.
You can change all the controls in this mod other than the one for changing player numbers on the main menu.

I already fixed that a while ago.

• Extract the contents of this archive to your Terraria installation folder.
  • Run Meowmaritus.XGSM.exe
    • IT'S 1.3.0.3 ONLY, NOT 1.3.0.4!
    • Switching profiles on the main menu doesn't work
    • Button prompts don't show up for the inventory, NPC chat, or Quick Menu
    • NPC Chat doesn't work properly
    • The Manual cursor mode has buggy graphics
    • If you aren't able to move your selection on the main menu, it's because your actual computer's mouse pointer is pointing at a specific menu item. Move your mouse to fix it (it may be hard to tell because the mouse cursor is now hidden on the main menu).
    • The controller vibrates the entire time you hold out an aimable melee weapon (such as a flail or yoyo)
    • Controlling yoyos sucks

I STILL HAVEN'T BEATEN LUNATIC CULTIST OR MOON LORD I KINDA WANNA BEAT ALL OF THAT BEFORE I WORK MORE ON THIS MOD

Ooh, here's a mod to keep an eye on. Splitscreen pc terraria? Sounds great. Good luck to you good sir on getting this updated relatively soon!

Hope this gets updated to 1.3.0.7 soon! I got a gamepad for my birthday, and if this mod came out for 1.3.0.7, my gamepad would come in even more use. :p

I'd like to mention, or suggest, but would it be to much trouble for playstation icons?

It's obviously a bit awkward to be told to press a button you don't have making this seem clunkier. I hope this isn't to difficult to add :/

I'd like to mention, or suggest, but would it be to much trouble for playstation icons?

It's obviously a bit awkward to be told to press a button you don't have making this seem clunkier. I hope this isn't to difficult to add :/
The mod has had both Xbox 360 Controller and Dualshock 3 icons for the past year or so and in the previous update not only did I improve those icons but I added Xbox One Controller icons and Dualshock 4 icons as well.

Here is XGSM's button icon texture:
3cYxUfP.png

The mod has had both Xbox 360 Controller and Dualshock 3 icons for the past year or so and in the previous update not only did I improve those icons but I added Xbox One Controller icons and Dualshock 4 icons as well.

Here is XGSM's button icon texture:
3cYxUfP.png

I have never been so happy to be wrong about something.

In that case I eagerly look forward to your next release.

In case you were unaware, running terraria from your WIP launcher fudges up the map (it resets every game load). I know it's a WIP build for a reason, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

It's been a while since I last looked in here. Is there any ETA on when this will be ready? Honestly, I would even be glad to know that progress is still being made.

Saying it isn't your intention doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Not suppose to pester modders to give ETA's or hurrying up.

Saying it isn't your intention doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Not suppose to pester modders to give ETA's or hurrying up.
well when they give an estimate and that estimate was quite awhile ago, i dont think that matters anymore. modders of popular mods should keep there word. alot of people would agree with me on that, also when i say i had no intentions of being rude, it means just that, if you would like to take it the negative way, well im sorry you would take it that way, but thats your choice to go in that direction of thinking.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439600242,1439600160][/DOUBLEPOST]and im not saying hes a bad mod dev in any way, hes actually got quite alot of talent. more than most. atleast in my opinion.

Last edited:
Well I'm not racist but I think people should just leave modders alone about ETA's
racist? lol what? and i agree with you to an extent. if modders have given no time limit, then by all means they should be left alone to wait for there masterpiece to be done, but when modders, set a time frame, then its a bit different.

well when they give an estimate and that estimate was quite awhile ago, i dont think that matters anymore. modders of popular mods should keep there word. alot of people would agree with me on that, also when i say i had no intentions of being rude, it means just that, if you would like to take it the negative way, well im sorry you would take it that way, but thats your choice to go in that direction of thinking.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439600242,1439600160][/DOUBLEPOST]and im not saying hes a bad mod dev in any way, hes actually got quite alot of talent. more than most. atleast in my opinion.
"modders of popular mods"? There are like 7 or 8 people who even use this mod. I'm sorry but I've just really been lacking motivation to finish the update because everything I try to do on it just doesn't work and it's just really frustrating and I don't even play Terraria much anymore. However, I am going to remake XGSM on the new Terraria modding API, Prism, once development gets a bit further (when you can add whatever hooks you want it makes things much easier ;) )

"modders of popular mods"? There are like 7 or 8 people who even use this mod. I'm sorry but I've just really been lacking motivation to finish the update because everything I try to do on it just doesn't work and it's just really frustrating and I don't even play Terraria much anymore. However, I am going to remake XGSM on the new Terraria modding API, Prism, once development gets a bit further (when you can add whatever hooks you want it makes things much easier ;) )
ive seen people suggest your amazing mod so many times. you dont need to be sorry, there's no need for it. its completely understandable. it'd just be nice if people got updated every once and awhile so they wouldnt keep wondering. im sorry for bugging and thank you for the reply.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439620907,1439620711][/DOUBLEPOST]
and if it isnt to much of a bother, is there a way you can release the state of the mod as it is for 1.3.0.7? just as an update so people stop bugging you and you can actually take as long as you need. if you say no i completely understand. but im sure it would help others out a bit, including myself.

ive seen people suggest your amazing mod so many times. you dont need to be sorry, there's no need for it. its completely understandable. it'd just be nice if people got updated every once and awhile so they wouldnt keep wondering. im sorry for bugging and thank you for the reply.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439620907,1439620711][/DOUBLEPOST]
and if it isnt to much of a bother, is there a way you can release the state of the mod as it is for 1.3.0.7? just as an update so people stop bugging you and you can actually take as long as you need. if you say no i completely understand. but im sure it would help others out a bit, including myself.
Fine then take it.

Good thing I decided to run the game to test if I had the right build at the very last second:
59f4e59e07.png

I'd be kinda annoyed if I had to stare at that all day...wait...

FYI Quick Torch doesn't work at all...

I hope that works out. Maybe you could give a notification for when you start? I know it could be a long time from now, but it would still be nice to know if/when future progress is being made on this mod. I'm still making do with keyboard and mouse for now, but that's a very suboptimal situation for me.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 7-8 people that would like to use the mod. But not all of them are commenting on the forum. Sorry to see it won't be worked on any more :(

It's a shame that Meowmaritus has lost the motivation to continue with the mod, but that's fair enough - we all lose motivation at times. That motivation may come back to him but nagging and criticising won't achieve anything whatsoever, so it's best to let things lie dormant for now. Maybe one day he will start working on it again, but let's not pressure the guy about something that he did for free off his own back.

Back
Top Bottom