Video Xman101's Playthrough Shenanigans

I-It's not like I forgot that I wanted to upload these videos every week. Definitely not.
*Nervous laughter ensues*
EDIT:
Wow. I've never tried Expert Crimson before, but I can't imagine being separated from my dear Worm Scarf... Warwick has my Blood Moon luck which is also my Solar Eclipse luck. And Episode 4 he's going to get a Night's Edge. He also has patience, something which I never have for fishing, yet have for everything else. I always find beating the bosses much more pleasant. (Then again, I've never done Expert Crimson.)
I consider Corruption and Crimson to be a trade-off. Corruption is a relatively easy pre-hardmode biome, but mediocre hardmode biome. Crimson is a tough pre-hardmode biome, but great hardmode biome (Ichor is king!). Depends on which side of the WoF you want your challenge/mediocreness.

i havent even gotten gold armor yet and you're already this far into the game
I cut a lot out of the videos to try and keep it interesting. What you see is 1-2 days worth of gameplay per episode. But I will say that skipping ahead to Molten gear ahead of the BoC is not something that most normal people do. I was just totally scared that I would get stuck at the BoC barrier and never progress, so I went preparation overkill. Turns out 'overkill' was right.

EDIT: Also remembered that I totally forgot to edit in the "Part 2/4 Night's Edge" graphic for the Fiery Greatsword. Don't mind me, I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight over a little detail that probably doesn't matter in the long run.

I cut a lot out of the videos to try and keep it interesting. What you see is 1-2 days worth of gameplay per episode. But I will say that skipping ahead to Molten gear ahead of the BoC is not something that most normal people do. I was just totally scared that I would get stuck at the BoC barrier and never progress, so I went preparation overkill. Turns out 'overkill' was right.
oh okay that makes sense

it was a little overkill

Don't worry X, I had to get Molten Fury to beat Skeletron, we're in the same boat here.

However, I had Arkhalis in my own Expert playthrough and made short work of the EoW. Just have at least Meteor armour, break the shadow orb and stay in the trench. Also, use a HP potion.

I also like that subtle Night Vision Helmet.

Now this would be the part I'd have a video to show for the last week, but I've been busy with cleaning the house, playing with my bro and generally doing other things, so the video is late. Again.

Sorry 'bout that. I'll be looking to get it done over the next two days, time permitting. Here's hoping the distractions are kept to a minimum. >_>

So it turns out the editing I'm doing for this episode is far above and beyond my usual workload for one episode...

Let's just say it involves lots, and I mean LOTS, of video layers, coupled with the fact that I'm editing down multiple clips that add up to about 2 hours worth of raw footage.

I doubt this is going to be done until the end of the week, and even that's a maybe. It's hard to estimate something I haven't done before.

So it looks like this episode will be even later, but as far as I know, there is nothing I can do change that without releasing a very sloppy video.

Boomerangs are surprisingly effective against Skeletron... This has been noted.

In other news, Warwick has finally obtained the title of 'heir of Gravity' when it comes to drops.

(Even though I am perfectly capable of getting more than 1 ancient necro helmet.)

Boomerangs are surprisingly effective against Skeletron... This has been noted.

In other news, Warwick has finally obtained the title of 'heir of Gravity' when it comes to drops.

(Even though I am perfectly capable of getting more than 1 ancient necro helmet.)
It did take me, like, 150+ Cursed Skulls to get a Nazar, but hey, who's counting if you edit it out. :p

And I'm not kidding when I say that I was in the dungeon for a solid 2 straight hours, and it took me that long to get everything and mine out the farm.
...probably would have been 3 if I didn't have the Reaver Shark. >.>

If you're wondering why the next video is taking its sweet time to arrive...
2018-03-13 13_02_40-Start.png

One of the video clips is currently being held hostage on an external hard drive that's a little bit on the dodgy side. This does not bode well. :(
What's makes this confusing is that the editing software doesn't experience any problems reading this clip, and neither does the video viewer. I just hope I can recover the video clips I still have on this thing.

Also, Uni is back, so my free time is kinda limited at the moment, and trying to balance it with other stuff I want to do is tricky.

*Tames the wild Xman*

Warwick should know that those are the humble beginnings leading up to becoming a building god. Good to see he has control over the Icy Mermen, too. They are why I forget about the underground frost.

Back
Top Bottom