PC Yahallo

Are you still actively playing Terraria?

• Total voters

AstridSpeckles

Terrarian
bannersmall.png

I'm not very active on forums but I might change that starting from now, and the best way to start I figured was to make an introduction post about myself. I am more active on discord however so if you want my attention best luck is on the server. This is going to be info heavy as I can link people to here to answer questions they ask when I can't be bothered explaining. (I might make an AMA!)

Yahallo everybody! My name is AstridSpeckles~ I'm Australian. My birthday is on the 26th of August, I'm currently 21 turning 22 soon (I'm still a kid I swear my age is false advertising). So I'm a Virgo, for the people who are into that~ Fun fact: Speckles is my Sign Language name! Its spectacles and freckles joined together- its Speck/tickles/tacles but Speckles is it shortern down since I dont know how to spell it xD

My main hobbies are Drawing, playing games, listening to music, watching cartoons/anime (please assume I live under a rock). I also enjoy reading but I don't read traditional novels very often sadly. I also sadly don't do arts and crafts but I would love to get into that sorta stuff in the future because of damn Youtube recommendations showing me amazing things.

I identify as Pansexual/Asexual (Possibly Demisexual) (and cannot stress enough that it can change) as well as Non-binary~! (She/They/Them/He/Specktickle/Whatever)! And you few people who are like "Ugh this stuff"- for me I just don't care for genders- I like people for their personality, what they're rocking is completely irreverent to me. So I hope that gives you some insight on my thoughts of it~

breaker.png

I often reply in emojis (xD, :3, etc.), I don't really know what to say sometimes, more often than not, but I do listen and for the most part I reply in emojis to let people know that I did read what was just said. I'm also very shy so I don't really tend to approach people first but I'm trying to get past that! But I am shy, so please do keep that in mind and don't take personal offense to it~

I struggle to message people directly first, I'm aware of that being a large issue for myself but I'm working on it. But if you want to talk to me, I hate to say it, but the ball is in your court. I still struggle to message first the bestest of friends I have...

I do tend to fall off the face of the earth time to time despite being online for hours every day, sorry in advance about that. I go into phases of antisocialness or doing other things! Its nothing personal if I don't get back to you/don't message you or just suddenly gone for awhile!

I also dread to say that I don't really play multiplayer with people. I've had too many bad experiences in the past which has just made the experience super stressful and I'm always on edge when someones around. I love hoarding and collecting so I'm very anxious near my 'hoard' if others are near. And I'm too paranoid an achievement could get triggered by others or if someone might break/grief something. This is relevant to pretty much every game.

breaker.png

I'm a self-taught digital artist, as you can see from the picture above and my profile picture. I draw time to time traditionally but it pales in comparison to my digital ones however I enjoy it more than digital, I guess since I'm developing more traditionally.
I use the software [AutoDesk Sketchbook] which is free and available on all platforms (Computers, Phones). After the trial it requires you to sign up but its still free to use. It's really amazing for a free software and still has development on it. Alternatively I would use [Paint Tool Sai] which isn't a free software though. At the moment I don't have access to a Windows computer (I use MAC atm~) so I can't use it on my computer, but Sketchbook is still amazing.
Hardware I use is Wacom tablets, I usedd to own a [Wacom Intuos Pro Large] however that broke (constantly used it for years- it was reasonable) however its too big to travel with (larger than A3). At the moment I use the same thing but the 'Small' size, so I would suggest a medium or small. However, there are better options in todays market so I would actually suggest something else than those.

I am a very casual player but I love games. I don't like many popular game genres such as PVP/FPS and such. But what I lack in variety I make up in dedication. I spend hours and hours into games- if not years. I love collecting and hoarding and achievement hunting. (Terraria has all of those!). So yeah you could say I'm a sucker for sandbox games like Terraria, Minecraft, Starbound. Also other games like Stardew Valley and Forager.
At the moment I don't have a Windows computer (it broke) but I use a MAC (I only love this singular MAC).
I'm mostly a Nintendo fan. Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing. That sorta stuff is my jam. I own a 3DS as well as a Switch.
I'm wanting to become a PS4 player because there are SO many games I want on that console but I think theres a PS5 in the works?? So I don't know if I should?? Like I'd be able to afford it anyway theres like 500 games I want on the damn thing.
My favorite game genres from the top of my head are ARPG/RPG, Atmospheric, Casual, Choose Your Own Adventure, Dark (Sometimes), Family Friendly, Fantasy, Hidden Objects, Indie, Interactive-Fiction/Visual Novels, Puzzle, Psychological, Simulations, Story Rich/Lore Rich, Survival (Not PVE).

I love all types of music to be honest- an exception is rap music- however I do like a bit of that genre. I just don't like how modern day lyrics in most rap songs is about 'sex, drugs and money', however that can be said with most genres... but I do like some rap regardless :b
But at the moment my jam is Indie music- Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Indie Folk, etc. I just love me some indie?
I also like a lot of bands, I would list them but there is A L O T to go through so I'm not going to here, I might link something here some day regarding all the bands/artists I like to listen to. Alternative Rock is a favorite of mine that I typically listen to in public as they're more well known than most of my other songs. I also like eletronic music (EDM, Techno, Lofi, etc). I'm a sucker for Musicals/Broadway and Acapellas. Songs that sound like they're a chant/hymn? is a hidden pleasure of mine as well but I don't know how to find more of that sort of music.

I love cartoons and anime- just animation things in general. I prefer animation over live-action any day. Studio Ghibli is my favorite movie studio (They're like the Japanese Disney if you're not aware, if you aren't- please check it out, its really good, trust me.) My favorite movie series is probably Harry Potter- for its concept alone. As I've gotten older the story itself has dulled down for me but it was the movie that opened my imagination to the world of magic so its dear to me. My favorite movie nowadays would probably be Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse, and if you haven't watched that yet- what are you doing? Go watch it! Why are you here? You have more important things to do than read all of this (And you're still here? Damn, thanks for reading all of this o-o). But again my movie taste is similar to my game taste- if its fantasy- I love it.

bannerresized.png

Unlike what you said, I actually don't have much better to do compared to reading your intro. Either way, welcome.
Would you like a dragon?

Welcome! :)

I'm just going to dodge that wall of text though; sorry. *double-taps to the left with his master ninja gear*

589479082324918273.png
Giant intro sorry lol
Holy molly! What an introduction! As a member who always greets new member, I have never seen anyone who introduce themselve with such detail, especially about their personal detail (like age, birth date, etc).

Just an advice, don't tell about your personal detail to much. Cause internet can be a dangerous place.

Anyway, good to have you here, friend! I also like anime (SNK is my favorite so far). And yes, you have a great introduction there! A lot of colorful text and cute drawing!

Unlike what you said, I actually don't have much better to do compared to reading your intro. Either way, welcome.
Would you like a dragon?
Ohhh yes please I love dragons O: Although Astrid isn't from how to Train your Dragon, I swear

Welcome! :)
I'm just going to dodge that wall of text though; sorry. *double-taps to the left with his master ninja gear*
Fair enough~ I didn't expect many to read it, its more there so I don't need to repeat myself in future, concept of laziness ftw >:3
Thanks for the welcome :D No need to be sorry about being a swift ninja >:b

We’re getting an influx of discord members coming to this forum and I love it.
Yes we must reunite on the forums as well, lets create discord on the forums ;D
No? I'll see myself out then. XD
Altho its cool to see you here as well O: You active on here?

Holy molly! What an introduction! As a member who always greets new member, I have never seen anyone who introduce themselve with such detail, especially about their personal detail (like age, birth date, etc).

Just an advice, don't tell about your personal detail to much. Cause internet can be a dangerous place.

Anyway, good to have you here, friend! I also like anime (SNK is my favorite so far). And yes, you have a great introduction there! A lot of colorful text and cute drawing!
Thank you so very much for the warnings! I'm very comfortable with what I've said there so no need to worry about that :3 I'm aware of the dangers of the internet pretty well xD Thank you tho- sometimes people don't think of the dangers so its nice to see people looking out for that ^^

And I tend to do my introductions over the top so I can be lazy and just redirect people to it later and in hopes the wall of text is enough to scare others away xD My laziness is my drive to thrive >:D

I actually haven't watched Attack on Titan yet O: (Didn't even know it was also called 'SNK' until I Googled it xD).

Ah, you love HP too eh? Nice to know!

I agree on this one. Toxics, noobs, etc.

Anyways, enjoy your stay here!

Yes What Hogwarts house are you owo? I keep getting random house results so I can technically be in all 4 houses but I get Slytherin the most so I'm a Slytherin xD

Also yeah pvp/pve/fps just arent my thing since people on there are so egotistic a lot of the time uwu

Thanks for the welcome my non-son :D

Yes we must reunite on the forums as well, lets create discord on the forums ;D
No? I'll see myself out then. XD
Altho its cool to see you here as well O: You active on here?
Yes, indeed! I've been active on this forum since summer of 2016, and that's how I got so familiar with the Terraria community. I decided to start chatting on Discord to get familiar with even MORE of the community!

Back
Top Bottom