YAY! I can post!

AlphaCentauri6

Terrarian
After 1 week... I can post!
So... I want to talk about those forums.
Terraria online was annoying me. I was posting things about my indev game.
Everyone hated me.
So I went to the Terraria Forums.
I hope things wont get as worse as on Terraria online.

- Morgan

Everyone hated me.

- Morgan
That wasn't really what happened. You were trying to walk before you could crawl and make a fully-fledged RPG game without much knowledge of how to do such a thing and not much of a plan, while also copying Terraria's art style due to being unable to find an artist/not being able to make your own sprites. All the community did was provide criticism, and if you consider that to be "everyone hating you", then you're going to have a hard time fulfilling your dreams of becoming a game dev.

That wasn't really what happened. You were trying to walk before you could crawl and make a fully-fledged RPG game without much knowledge of how to do such a thing and not much of a plan, while also copying Terraria's art style due to being unable to find an artist/not being able to make your own sprites. All the community did was provide criticism, and if you consider that to be "everyone hating you", then you're going to have a hard time fulfilling your dreams of becoming a game dev.
Better love story than twilight

What? I just had to

Everyone hated me.

- Morgan
I have read your posts in TO forum. I think they weren't annoying you, but they were giving you advice and criticism to make you better on game developer.

Also, as a game developer, making game isn't easy. If you never released/made a game before, I advice you to try making a very small one especially to learn the basic. After that, make bigger and bigger, but don't skip the basic.

Also, if you really sucky at spriting/art, I advice you to make a game that doesn't need programming at all so you can focus on spriting/art.
If you ask me, try to make a PDF platform game using Power Point or similar program, added with doPDF plugin. It doesn't need coding at all and you can focus on training your spriting/art skill there.

I have read your posts in TO forum. I think they weren't annoying you, but they were giving you advice and criticism to make you better on game developer.

Also, as a game developer, making game isn't easy. If you never released/made a game before, I advice you to try making a very small one especially to learn the basic. After that, make bigger and bigger, but don't skip the basic.

Also, if you really sucky at spriting/art, I advice you to make a game that doesn't need programming at all so you can focus on spriting/art.
If you ask me, try to make a PDF platform game using Power Point or similar program, added with doPDF plugin. It doesn't need coding at all and you can focus on training your spriting/art skill there.
I agree with this, but in a realistic situation, a developer would hire spriters or artists to work with them if art isn't their strongest area. Unless, of course, the result is to be something like Minecraft where the game is plagued with horrible, inconsistently-styled dev art.

Everyone hated me.

- Morgan

Since this is your first post here at TCF, moved this to Introductions.

As others have pointed out, several people tried to help you on TerrariaOnline. Please don't confuse constructive criticism for hate.

You also used the artwork assets of others, including Re-Logic, without permission, and refused to take them down until the staff had to do it for you. That is as big a no-no here as it was on TerrariaOnline. Let's not have a repeat of that here, please. We take plagiarism/art theft very seriously.

Everyone gets a fresh start here, but it's up to the individual to use that to their advantage and not repeat the same mistakes.

Since this is your first post here at TCF, moved this to Introductions.
Thanks man![DOUBLEPOST=1413704932][/DOUBLEPOST]

What? They were HELPING me? Thank them :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413705101][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't understand.
1. I'm already developing the game.
2. I was not going to use Terraria sprites in the official game. Those were for the prototypes.

Back
Top Bottom