tModLoader Yet Another Boss Health Bar

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by Flashkirby99, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Skeletron Prime

works perfectly fine for me

2. Fire and Ice48

Fire and Ice48 Terrarian

Does this work for the latest Mod Browser?

3. lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Skeletron Prime

if you "mean" for tmodloader cough (version 10.0.2) cough the answer is yes.

Flashkirby99 likes this.
  4. ~PiKa~ Erikillo

~PiKa~ Erikillo Terrarian

Hey Dude! I have installed the calamity mod and when I start a boss battle of the mod, he doesn't have a bar. Can you say me how I can put it to him a bar or if I have to have something on? Thanks ! :D

5. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Skeletron Prime

who is "he"?

6. ~PiKa~ Erikillo

Any boss from the calamity mod.

7. Dan Yami

Dan Yami Skeletron Prime

lots of em are female tho

8. ~PiKa~ Erikillo

Okay, so when I start a boss battle the health bar of the calimity's bosses it doesn't appear.
    Sorry for my bad English

9. DeusVult1nfedel

DeusVult1nfedel Terrarian

I recently downloaded this mod, and every time a boss shows up, my game crashes. Could someone help?

10. pony 2

pony 2 Terrarian

So, this mod works only for vanilla bosses, is that what you guys saying?

11. lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Skeletron Prime

you didnt read the part on the first post of "adding your own boss support".

12. pony 2

pony 2 Terrarian

No, i've seen this, but also i saw the posts about game crashes and etc, so i decide to ask first.
    Anyway, i try one of the thorium bosses and seems it's working nicely. Next i check calamity and see if some bad things happend.

13. RockingMean_

RockingMean_ Terrarian

is there a way to not have the health bar for slimes? its pretty annoying

14. Flashkirby99

Flashkirby99 Skeletron

That'll be an toggle-on option in the next update as well as some back end stuff for other mod devs to make it work nicely with things like multi-phase bosses, though that'll probably still be at least a month away as I am still on hiatus, sorry!

15. Naetle

Naetle Terrarian

Hello, i have some issues whit the healtbars, i am ussing this mod and calamity mod and when i battle whit the bosses (Vanilla ones too) the HP bar looks white.

[​IMG]

16. Flashkirby99

Flashkirby99 Skeletron

Some modded bosses are not tagged as being bosses. In such a case, this mod doesn't pick it up and the mod creator will have to do it themselves.

Which mods are you running?

I need to know how to reproduce this. Will probably need a mod list, and maybe platform too?? I've never come across this issue, does it still happen in the current version?

17. JimboTex

JimboTex Skeletron Prime

What do you mean by a "health bar for slimes?" Are you having a Slime Rain event on your world?

18. SlomakV

SlomakV Terrarian

I'm not that person, but the Slime Rain progression bar only works properly if I complete the event by killing all the slimes. If I kill a couple and go underground, the progression bar will persist until I log out. It's not always on the screen, but it pops back in frequently, I think whenever an appropriate slime is around. The progression doesn't count down if you kill new slimes, though. It's always say "67/75" or whatever. It's pretty annoying.

19. JimboTex

JimboTex Skeletron Prime

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that does sound like a bug. I haven't encountered it, so I didn't know it was a thing.

20. Flashkirby99

Flashkirby99 Skeletron

v1.3, for tModLoader v0.10.0.4
    [​IMG]
    Download (63.6 KB)

Evening all. For my first trick, I present an update to YABHB. This one's for all you modders out there.

Additions
    • Moon Lord and Plantera health bars have new textures and icons.
    • Supports Mod Helper (by hamstar)
    • Modders can now add looping textures along the middle of the bar.
    • Text now has borders.
    Changes
    • New system for creating health bars, see OP in forum thread. Old system still works, but is deprecated.
    • Slime rain progress bar is now optional in the config json file.
    • No longer references TModSettings.
    Fixes
    • Mod icon size fixed, should appear on the mod browser now.

lightbowser1 and SamTerarrium like this.