tModLoader Yet Another Boss Health Bar

What files do I need to download. for it?
[doublepost=1559084886,1559084348][/doublepost]It wont work it dosent show in my Mod thing in my game
[doublepost=1559085065][/doublepost]This is what I have and I downloading the first download thing
[doublepost=1559085346][/doublepost]Oof I got it nvm

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    103.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    206.8 KB · Views: 288
Hi,

I'm running a terraria server with tModLoader v0.10.1.5 on it, but I can't seem to get it working.
Is it a compatibility issue with tModLoader version? as i see that on the forum post it stats v0.10.1.4

Thought it was worth noting that so far, after watching a few full-gameplay videos of 1.4 on Youtube, it seems this mod is still vastly superior to 1.4's official boss health bars.

Firstly, health bars while fighting multiple bosses are not displayed simultaneously in 1.4 like they are in this mod. In 1.4, a single health bar simply switches back and forth to whichever boss you most recently hit. This is probably best seen in Chippy's video below around 10:10. This really surprised me, as it seems like a great under-utilization of this feature if they're going to add it to vanilla.

And second, it doesn't appear there is any artistic style/thematic differences between bosses (at least from what I've seen) -- just one stock-style.

Of course, there's still much I haven't seen and anything could change for the full-release or in one of the following 'hotfixes.' But at least for now, it's looking like many will prefer this mod as long as it's supported. :happy:

Thought it was worth noting that so far, after watching a few full-gameplay videos of 1.4 on Youtube, it seems this mod is still vastly superior to 1.4's official boss health bars.

Firstly, health bars while fighting multiple bosses are not displayed simultaneously in 1.4 like they are in this mod. In 1.4, a single health bar simply switches back and forth to whichever boss you most recently hit. This is probably best seen in Chippy's video below around 10:10. This really surprised me, as it seems like a great under-utilization of this feature if they're going to add it to vanilla.

And second, it doesn't appear there is any artistic style/thematic differences between bosses (at least from what I've seen) -- just one stock-style.

Of course, there's still much I haven't seen and anything could change for the full-release or in one of the following 'hotfixes.' But at least for now, it's looking like many will prefer this mod as long as it's supported. :happy:
They probably wanted to leave some room for this popular mod to improve the feature, well that's my guess anyways.

While it's nice to have health bar graphics vary between bosses, i'm not sure if it's consistent with the rest of the UI
Also, having more health bars at the time could get bothersome since they could start to disrupt vision of the game (wich you need to most when fighting bosses, specially more than one)

While it's nice to have health bar graphics vary between bosses, i'm not sure if it's consistent with the rest of the UI
Also, having more health bars at the time could get bothersome since they could start to disrupt vision of the game (wich you need to most when fighting bosses, specially more than one)
Sure, some will prefer the standard single health bar. What makes this mod superior is if you don't like these additions which provide more information or graphical style variance, the mod can be heavily customized, and you can remove pretty much any aspect of it you don't like.

Take for instance how vanilla 1.4 allows for some additional styles in player health bars and map UI -- some of them don't fit as well with the rest of the UI, so it's great to have options. Sadly it does not appear that 1.4 will have any options for boss health bars... at least not currently.

Hm, I wonder if -- when tModLoader is updated to 1.4 -- this mod will be updated too, to somehow override or replace 1.4's boss health bars, since these ones are better than the official ones. One could hope, I suppose.

Just gonna jump in here to help push the idea that there is indeed still interest for this mod once tML updates to 1.4. This mod handles boss health way better than vanilla does imo, and I'd be sad if this mod stops being an option in the future.

Just gonna jump in here to help push the idea that there is indeed still interest for this mod once tML updates to 1.4. This mod handles boss health way better than vanilla does imo, and I'd be sad if this mod stops being an option in the future.
i agree with you since 1.4 bar is very plain with all bosses with no themed design on them (at least we dont need the minimap for that), and they dont tell you how hp the boss have/remain (numericaly) without moving your cursor toward the boss to confirm this.

i agree with you since 1.4 bar is very plain with all bosses with no themed design on them (at least we dont need the minimap for that), and they dont tell you how hp the boss have/remain (numericaly) without moving your cursor toward the boss to confirm this.
There's also the smaller details, like the bar showing how much damage you did consecutively from the previous current amount of health, and the fact that the health bar changes color based on how much health is left in percentage.

I've been getting more confident in programming since my last big foray into terraria modding, and once tModLoader hits 1.4 support this will likely be the first thing I'll try to bring over, if for nothing else then out of respect for the efforts other mod makers have put into supporting this, as well as the whopping amount of people who use it! Also, supporting mod config options, which have become a tModloader feature since I last updated it.

hi i just wanted to say how grateful i am that you made the old one's army health bars look like the actual boss health bars in dungeon defenders 2

Back
Top Bottom