Tool Yet another PNG to XNB converter

Same error here. When I click on either file or folder the program crashes.
1. There is no message or anything it simple stops responding.
2. I'm on a windows 8.1 (tried on windows 10, same error)
3. From the guide provided aparently I've got CDF, v2.0.5, v3.0, v3.5, v4, v4.0.
4. No, I can convert using the comand but I can't search the files. If typed the location it seams to work just fine.

Same error here. When I click on either file or folder the program crashes.
1. There is no message or anything it simple stops responding.
2. I'm on a windows 8.1 (tried on windows 10, same error)
3. From the guide provided aparently I've got CDF, v2.0.5, v3.0, v3.5, v4, v4.0.
4. No, I can convert using the comand but I can't search the files. If typed the location it seams to work just fine.
Thanks for the report. Indeed there was a problem showing the file open dialog on Windows 10. Fixed it. Can you try that it works now?
https://github.com/sullerandras/png_to_xnb/raw/master/png_to_xnb.exe

I cannot get this to preserve transparency for the life of me. It's saved as a transparent 8bit .png and still no dice.

What are you using?
I figured it out! I was using photoshop and for some reason it handles alphas in a way that doesn't play nice with this tool. I opened the same image and resaved it again as a 8bit ARGB .png in paint tool SAI and it worked.

I figured it out! I was using photoshop and for some reason it handles alphas in a way that doesn't play nice with this tool. I opened the same image and resaved it again as a 8bit ARGB .png in paint tool SAI and it worked.

Great, we need more texture packs in the community!

This tool is using the built-in image reading library in C#. Can you send me an example image which does not work with my tool? Just so that I can test if other PNG reading libraries are any better. Thanks.

For the most part this isn't a problem, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to handle partial transparency. I was experimenting with making one of the player shirt layers semi-transparent and it works with XNAFormatter but not this tool.

Whenever I try to download this, Windows Defender keeps calling this a virus. Is there any way I can get around this? I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

For the most part this isn't a problem, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to handle partial transparency. I was experimenting with making one of the player shirt layers semi-transparent and it works with XNAFormatter but not this tool.
My converter is using the built-in PNG library in C#. That does not handle 16 bit images, so you need to save the images as 8-bit images.
If this does not help then send me an example image which does not work and I'll try to fix it.
[doublepost=1471441918,1471441781][/doublepost]
Whenever I try to download this, Windows Defender keeps calling this a virus. Is there any way I can get around this? I am using Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
I'm using Mac, so I don't really know why is that happening. I did not include any virus in the code :) so it is probably a false alarm.

My converter is using the built-in PNG library in C#. That does not handle 16 bit images, so you need to save the images as 8-bit images.
If this does not help then send me an example image which does not work and I'll try to fix it.
[doublepost=1471441918,1471441781][/doublepost]
I'm using Mac, so I don't really know why is that happening. I did not include any virus in the code :) so it is probably a false alarm.
Never mind, I got around this issue. Thanks for creating this amazing program!

I'm pretty sure my image editors (Paint Shop Pro 7 or 9) doesn't even support 16-bit color, so I don't think that would be it, but I tried to reproduce the effect to give you an example and this time it worked fine. So I'm not sure what happened now. I'll let you know if I can I find any further examples of this problem. You can think of this bug report as "closed" for now. :)

I'm pretty sure my image editors (Paint Shop Pro 7 or 9) doesn't even support 16-bit color, so I don't think that would be it, but I tried to reproduce the effect to give you an example and this time it worked fine. So I'm not sure what happened now. I'll let you know if I can I find any further examples of this problem. You can think of this bug report as "closed" for now. :)
Sure. Let me know if you can reproduce it. Computers should be deterministic, but somehow they have some uncertainty :)

Back
Top Bottom