tModLoader Yggdrasil (WIP 1.4)

will there be bosses
Yes, one day probably.
I'm just not good enough to sprite anything that could be a boss.
I have plenty of ideas but having ideas is the easy part.

We are now focussing on the Berserker class as of now but when it's done, we'll probably go for something like bosses.

The 2nd set of Berserker weapons isdone as a first pass.

The Wolf Puncture.

The attack pattern is different than the claws and they mostly give damage oriented buffs when activated.
This is the solar one. (sorry rabbit)
SolarPunct.gif

These are the pre-hardmode ones

WoodenWolfPuncture.png
CactusWolfPuncture.png
IronWolfPuncture.png
ShinyWolfPuncture.png
DemonWolfPuncture.png
BloodyWolfPuncture.png
PhaseWolfPuncture.gif
BoneWolfPuncture.png
GrassWolfPuncture.png

And the hardmode ones

CobaltWolfPuncture.png
PalladiumWolfPuncture.png
MythrilWolfPuncture.png
OrichalcumWolfPuncture.png
AdamantiteWolfPuncture.png
TitaniumWolfPuncture.png
HallowedWolfPuncture.png
ChlorophyteWolfPuncture.png
SolarWolfPuncture.png
LuminiteWolfPuncture.png

----------------------

-- HEY YOU --
We are currently looking for one (or more) amazing spriter(s) who would love be part of the team to improve my ugly sprites.
If you want to be part of a small team of experienced developers write in here and/or send me a private message.
There is a lot of content ongoing.

The Wolf Puncture.
:cool: Oh yeah!

The attack pattern is different than the claws and they mostly give damage oriented buffs when activated.
Are they like the Solar Spear? (I think it's called DayBreak or something like that...) Do they phase through blocks?

Also, something I should have asked waaay before : do the RMB and LMB have different attacks or they only write different runes?

Me?
amazing spriter
Not me.

Jokes aside, your sprites are waaay better than all I could have done, so don't be too hard with yourself, they're really beautiful. ;)

Well, good luck finding some spriters, the work BlueBoi has made on the Nordic set is fantastic!

-The Frostburner

Are they like the Solar Spear? (I think it's called DayBreak or something like that...) Do they phase through blocks?

Also, something I should have asked waaay before : do the RMB and LMB have different attacks or they only write different runes?

Jokes aside, your sprites are waaay better than all I could have done, so don't be too hard with yourself, they're really beautiful. ;)
They are inspired by the Solar Eruption yes but they are more precised. They go where you click without fluff.
I'm debating with myself they will go through block. For now they are but I think I'll limit that for the end game ones.

For now LMB and RMB are doing the same attack but I would love to have slight difference between both at some point.

And thanks, but I still want to pump that quality to 11. :)

Small update. I felt like making pixel art and also try my first ever armor set.
Here is the Frostcore armor set using the Frostcore bar
FrostCoreBar.png

FrostCoreBoots.png
FrostCorePlate.png
FrostCoreHelmet.png
FrostCoreMask.png

Armor01.png
Armor02.png

Also made a sword, a pickaxe and a spear-like weapon that could also be a staff I guess.

FrostCoreSword.png
FrostCorePickaxe.png
FrostCoreSpear.png

Attachments

• FrostCoreSpearProjectile.png
    FrostCoreSpearProjectile.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Quick question : Is the Frostcore set Hardmode and the Nordic set PreHardmode or something like that?

I really like the design of the pickaxe, cuz it looks a bit like a scythe!

Quick question : Is the Frostcore set Hardmode and the Nordic set PreHardmode or something like that?

I really like the design of the pickaxe, cuz it looks a bit like a scythe!
Wow you're fast! haha. :D

Right now, they are both pre-hardmode, nothing is set in stone though. Everything can be changed in code and tweaked anyway.

Frostcore being at the same level as Meteorite and Nordic being at the same level as Hellstone.

I'm in the middle of the forest in the countryside but I found a pixel art app so, I fiddled on a really early game snow set.
MORE SNOW BIOME STUFF!
SnowSword.png
SnowStaff.png
SnowBow.png

SnowArmorBoots.png
SnowArmorPlate.png
SnowArmorHelmet.png

SnowArmor.png

It'll literally just made out of snow blocks by hand.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of the forest in the countryside but I found a pixel art app so, I fiddled on a really early game snow set.
MORE SNOW BIOME STUFF!
View attachment 282386 View attachment 282388 View attachment 282396
View attachment 282389 View attachment 282390 View attachment 282391
View attachment 282392
It'll literally just made out of snow blocks by hand.

Maybe make it look a bit less like an actual armor, since its made of snow... Maybe a more... "Snowman-like" design?
Because right now it actually looks strong (reminds me a bit of Clorophyte). Also, most of the Early-Game armors have actually kinda open helmets.

Edit : Also, that staff / spear (the middle one) looks cool!

Maybe make it look a bit less like an actual armor, since its made of snow... Maybe a more... "Snowman-like" design?
Because right now it actually looks strong (reminds me a bit of Clorophyte). Also, most of the Early-Game armors have actually kinda open helmets.

Edit : Also, that staff / spear (the middle one) looks cool!
It's on purpose.
I still want it to look like an armor. These is already a snow set in vanilla but it's so rare you never get it and it's kinda meh.
It will be something you could get straight away on the surface without having to dig down for mats (copper/iron/lead).
The helmet really look like Chlorophyte indeed.

Same for the staff (and thanks :)) early magic stuff. Will be balanced around iron stats I guess.

Update!

I was not liking where the Berserker was going so we decided to kill it. I wanted to have a function with the class (combo system) but the form was in the way all the time so I went to my old habits and we started designing the function first.
The class as it was was way to close to Thorium bard which is not great. I don't want to end up having something looking like a class from an amazing mod like Thorium.

The Berserker is dead. Long live the Berserker.

Welcome, the Runemaster.

Lyker is redoing a lot of coding right now so when the revamp will be done I'll talk more about the class but it will still use the runic combo system. It will be less about making combos to get buff and more about making combos to make the screen explode.

On my end, since I am the only spriter, well, I went full on spriting for that new class.
I'm starting from early game and will work all the way to post-moodlord.
Here are stuff I've done today.

Viking Leather Set
VikingLeatherBoots.png
VikingLeatherShirt.png
VikingLeatherHelmet.png

VikingLeatherArmorSet.png

Jarl Set

JarlBoots.png
JarlShirt.png
JarlHelmet.png

JarlArmorSet.png

Runic Weapons
WoodenRunicSword.png

RunesmithSword.png
RunesmithAxe.png
RunesmithHammer.png

ShinyRunicSword.png
ShinyRunicAxe.png
ShinyRunicSpear.png

FrostCoreRunicAxe.png
FrostCoreRunicHammer.png

GrassRunicBlade.png
GrassRunicAxe.png
GrassRunicSpear.png

There is also a Draugr enemy now that spawns in the snow biome.
It inflicts frostburn on hit. Better stay away.
Draugr.png

I was not liking where the Berserker was going so we decided to kill it. I wanted to have a function with the class (combo system) but the form was in the way all the time so I went to my old habits and we started designing the function first.
The class as it was was way to close to Thorium bard which is not great. I don't want to end up having something looking like a class from an amazing mod like Thorium.

The Berserker is dead. Long live the Berserker.

Well, at least you had the guts to scrap the entire concept and start it all over. Not a lot of people do this. Sometimes it's better restart than being stuck with something we don't like.

make the screen explode.
Yes. Take all of my yes.

Here are stuff I've done today.

Viking Leather Set
VikingLeatherBoots.png
VikingLeatherShirt.png
VikingLeatherHelmet.png

VikingLeatherArmorSet.png

Jarl Set
JarlBoots.png
JarlShirt.png
JarlHelmet.png

JarlArmorSet.png

Runic Weapons
WoodenRunicSword.png

RunesmithSword.png
RunesmithAxe.png
RunesmithHammer.png

ShinyRunicSword.png
ShinyRunicAxe.png
ShinyRunicSpear.png

FrostCoreRunicAxe.png
FrostCoreRunicHammer.png
Were the Nordic, Frostcore and Snow sets scrapped too?
Also, will you be focusing on melee-type weapons only?
And maybe don't name them "sword" or "spear" as it would be confusing having melee swords and runic swords...

Were the Nordic, Frostcore and Snow sets scrapped too?
Also, will you be focusing on melee-type weapons only?
And maybe don't name them "sword" or "spear" as it would be confusing having melee swords and runic swords...

No they are still there but as normal weapon for everyone to use not focused on the Runemaster class.
I scrapped the Berserker stuff only (claws and whatnot). I'll reuse the accessories since they all still fit.
The class will also indeed focus on melee weapons but releasing combos might throw quite some projectiles :p

Also, it's pretty clear on the weapon what is for the Runemaster class.

1594543998595.png

News Update!

So Lyker and me have settled on what to aim for for a first public close test for the mod.
The goal is basically have everything working for pre-hardmode.

The goal is to include

• The runemaster class and its combo system
    • All combos that can be done pre-hardmode
    • All armor sets and weapons for the runemaster
    • Runemaster accessories
  • The viking invasions
  • Runes and runewords
  • New items (non related to runemaster)
  • New enemies
  • MAYBE a miniboss/boss
Most of these things are already done. The big chunk is the runemaster class.

We have no timeframe for it but this is what you can expect as a first playable in somewhat of a near future.

Showcase!

My goal with art in this mod is to be alongside Thorium/Spirit and not Calamity/SoA.

One thing that is super important for me is consistency.
So, I decided to take a hard decision and tweaked the Nordic assets Blueboi made for us to fit the current direction of the mod.
Most weapons were too big and Terraria doesn't handle them really well at all and I really want to never use scaling.
I reworked the sword and the hamaxe, the rest is exactly the same just shrunk down or as is. (I updated the original post)
NordicSword.png
NordicHamAxe.png

Yet a massive thanks to Blueboi for the sprites and the inspiration. <3

Here are new runic weapons for the runemaster.

Obsidian Set
(made out of obsidian and hellstone)
ObsidianRunicSword.png
ObsidianRunicAxe.png
ObsidianRunicHammer.png

Despise Set
(found in dungeon probably by killing angry bones if you see what I mean)
DespiseSword.png
DespiseAxe.png

DespiseBoots.png
DespisePlate.png
DespiseHelmet.png

Despise_GIFFullArmor.gif

The axe can be swung and thrown
DespiseAxeThrow.gif

Also, I'm trying to learn pixel art as fast as I can so bare with me :)
This is the comparison from what I was doing 3 weeks ago versus now. I'm getting somewhere...
progress.png

Thanks for reading :happy:

EDIT: I forgot. This one is for you @ceceus

archer_female.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom