Map-Parkour Yggdrasil

Elele

Terrarian
Hello everyone, me and Lemuria made this map a long while ago for a Terraria minigame server, but I figured, why not share it on the forums as well for those of you who like to parkour, but do not visit minigame servers.
Though this map differs slightly in some ways from the one hosted on the minigame server, because they thought it was too hard and nerfed it for some reason.

This map is inspired by the worldtree Yggdrasil from Norse mythology.
It features the use of the following accessories: Tabi, Tiger Climbing Gear, Blizzard in a Bottle, Tsunami in a Bottle, Shiny stone.

The goal is to make your way through the tree to the very top.

--------------------------- Info ------------------------------

I strongly advise using the external server located in your Terraria game folder to be able to change the time to day, as vision outside the tree is very limited during the night.
To do this, simply go to your Terraria folder (Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria), open "Start-server.bat" and follow the instructions.
Then, in Terraria, simply go to Multiplayer > Join IP > IP 127.0.0.1, port: 7777 (default)
To change the time to day, simply type "dawn" or "noon" in the server console.

------------------------- Rules -------------------------------

- Make a new character
- Delete your starting gear
- Pick up the items from the chest
- Try not to break too many vines with the sword, if it's not necesary. It ruins the atmosphere

Good luck, enjoy the map and try to find the secret! :)

------------------------ Screenshots ----------------------------
IeRmRrm.jpg

Xwy8VJS.jpg

TjaguhR.jpg

k8jfJqE.jpg

Bo86NZa.jpg

zSYTmf1.jpg

Attachments

• Parkour-Yggdrasil.wld
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:
This sounds like a pretty cool map...I'll have to check it out later! As a side note, it might be beneficial to add some pictures.

The map is really amazing but it was diffidently made for hardcore players, the map turned into a graveyard tree after I was done.

Liked:
the use of the items, the new tricks like the dash in narrow places, the back-wall guide and the whole map it looks beautiful going out of the tree moving around it going back into it thats a cool thing.

disliked:
how the difficulty is not scaled right some stuff were easier later on then the once at the start like the rope part was much easier and I really do hate the pixel perfect but I dont mind them but repeating them a lot until you get it again its a bit tiresome and some of the check point are a bit far from each other.

overall the map is well-done its not easy at all it took me some time to finish it and keep up the great work I would like to see something new from you and your friend.

here is a picture just to show how the start was haha :)

Screenshot_7.png

Back
Top Bottom