Weapons & Equip Yin 'Rangs - A new use for Light and Dark Shards

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Light and Dark Shards could use more recipes, right? How about a new counterpart to the Dao of Pow?

The Yin 'Rangs are chakram weapons are about as powerful as a pair of Light Discs, but rely more heavily on luck to obtain. They are somewhat slower and have less range, but since they are able to be obtained early on like the Dao of Pow, they can be a very useful weapon. They have a 1/6 chance to inflict the Confused debuff for 2 seconds.

(This is a stackable Boomerang! Here's another thread about being able to reforge those, if you're interested.)

yin-rang-png.129132

Yin 'Rang
Chakram/Boomerang.
Can be stacked up to 2.
Damage: 36
Knockback: 8 (Extreme)
Velocity: 10 (Same as Enchanted Boomerang)
Use Time: 15 (Fast)
Recipe:
Dark_Shard.png
Dark Shard
Light_Shard.png
Light Shard
Soul_of_Light.png
Souls of Light (5)
Soul_of_Night.png
Souls or Night (5)

Yeah, I know that's pretty much the current recipe for the Dao of Pow, but it's been a bit out of date ever since the drop rate of Souls increased, and it could also use a distinguishing ingredient in the recipe.

Dao_of_Pow.png

Dao of Pow
Proposed Recipe:
Dark_Shard.png
Dark Shard
Light_Shard.png
Light Shard
Soul_of_Light.png
Souls of Light (10)
Soul_of_Night.png
Souls or Night (10)
Chain.png
Chains (10)

That's it for the idea. Feel free to comment! Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:
It's neat, and I'd certainly like to see more items along this vein, that make use of the light and dark shards (as well as other one-and-done items) for different things. While this isn't commentary on your suggestion, so much as encouragement for you to come up with more stuff, I'd like to see more than just a second item for these as well. Something like a yin and yang mask, a 'balance' or 'harmony'-themed accessory, and perhaps some piece of decoration, in addition to your suggestion, might make these shards worth keeping around.

Back
Top Bottom