PC You Can't Stop the Cheese - Moon Lord Farm 1.3.0.5

Do you think it's possible to run out of methods/motivation to cheese the Moon Lord fight?

• Yes

• No

• Not on my watch!

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, there is this ingenious guy known as Happy Days you can find him on Youtube, and the forums. But he has a farm for AFKing the Moon Lord that still works, really easy to build too, it is absolutely brilliant! He also has a ton of amazing videos.

Yeah, Happydays method is very good, especially if you move the nurse and dryad into rooms just under the lowest teleporter. Though you need autopause turned on to actually use the nurse unles you plan to turn off the teleport timer when you want to heal.

There are still plenty of ways to effortlessly beat the Moon Lord... hopefully they will remain hidden :)

Funny thing, the cheesiest way to win is by DODGING and AVOIDING the fight altogether... I can't believe people think that dodging damage, lobbing damage from long distance where you can't be hit back, and shooting bosses in the back while they not able to get hit themselves is not the biggest cheese of all... these people haven't won a fight - they AVOIDED one. Lets face it - if you can't stand toe-to-toe with your foe, take all of their best shots, and beat the crud out of them nose to nose while smelling their fear, feeling their blood and guts splat all over you and look them right in the eye as you pound the last bit of life from their beaten and bruised soon-to-be corpse, then it really isn't a win.

Come on, devs... put a *molasses* buff on the game when battling bosses so nobody can move anywhere... lets see who the REAL tough players are :)

~Jim

There are still plenty of ways to effortlessly beat the Moon Lord... hopefully they will remain hidden :)

Funny thing, the cheesiest way to win is by DODGING and AVOIDING the fight altogether... I can't believe people think that dodging damage, lobbing damage from long distance where you can't be hit back, and shooting bosses in the back while they not able to get hit themselves is not the biggest cheese of all... these people haven't won a fight - they AVOIDED one. Lets face it - if you can't stand toe-to-toe with your foe, take all of their best shots, and beat the crud out of them nose to nose while smelling their fear, feeling their blood and guts splat all over you and look them right in the eye as you pound the last bit of life from their beaten and bruised soon-to-be corpse, then it really isn't a win.

Come on, devs... put a *molasses* buff on the game when battling bosses so nobody can move anywhere... lets see who the REAL tough players are :)

~Jim
Bite your tongue.

Lol.

I have an idea... Is the moon lord affected by explosives?

Yes, he is... but it won't work (that is, if you are thinking of placing your bed in the middle of a specially prepared arena so that when you use your mirror and teleport to it, the Moon Lord will also teleport there - so you know exactly where he will be - and place a massive amount of explosives in the spots where he moves his arms to and where his head and chest are... and then explode them all when he is over them... )

I did that... blew the crud out of my screen, but only did superficial damage to him... he has waaay to many hit points on expert to do that now...

... but I like the way you think! :)

i just made a long asphalt road. i can outrun him and if he starts to teleport to me i made 2 teleporters at the end of the road. he will never catch you and you can kill him with any kind of weapon. also his laser cant get you. he immediately stops using it if you teleport.

I started out with a long asphalt road with teleporters at the ends, but it was still risky. It wasn't until I changed over to a two-layer minecart track while equipped with the Mechanical Cart that I managed to build a relatively safe Moon Lord arena.

I was thinking warp to the bedroom, and when he spawns, you should have a colossal cluster prebuilt (Maybe the size of a floating island?) prewired to one pressure plate.

"KAFLOOM!"

The first time I fought him I used the death sickle and tactical shotgun (chlorophyte bullets). Every time after that I just started using the solar eruption, which basically makes everything butter. My strategy has stayed the same though - I try to dodge everything he throws with wings and run with the frostspark boots on a long bridge with campfires and heart lanterns. My only problem is it's too tedious without the celestial sigil

Uhh, that isnt CHEESING, thats a strategy.

You see, cheesing was an ancient term in video games, ever since super mario bros. where someone thought: "Why don't i just jump over bowser and walk past him?"
Since then, final bosses have been cheesed for things like their drops, or glory. Like Earthbound, with the Poisoning Giygas glitch, or Minecraft, using mods that give you a nuke launcher. Some of these are legitimate tricks, some of these are glitches, some, modifications. But terraria, terraria is one of the few you can legitimately cheese/

You could even cheese him with a cheese sword mod.

Uhh, that isnt CHEESING, thats a strategy.

You see, cheesing was an ancient term in video games, ever since super mario bros. where someone thought: "Why don't i just jump over bowser and walk past him?"
Since then, final bosses have been cheesed for things like their drops, or glory. Like Earthbound, with the Poisoning Giygas glitch, or Minecraft, using mods that give you a nuke launcher. Some of these are legitimate tricks, some of these are glitches, some, modifications. But terraria, terraria is one of the few you can legitimately cheese/

You could even cheese him with a cheese sword mod.

I learned something today :O

and now the moon lord can hit trough anything XD! seriously though the cheese has been cheesed. but they can't troll themselves (full solar gear all solar items all banners and all buffs max regen damage pets one of any pre-lunar or lunar minion magic cuffs slime statue cosmic car key and nebula items = dead moon lord.) if they remove all those items there will be almost no reward for beating the lunar event XD or they could nerf them...

edit: yea before cenx sends the lunar nerf update you all should forget that i posted this =p

Here's a way to cheese the Moon Lord: The True Eyes of Cthulhu can be attacked by hitting them with a Minecart, and most likely boulders too.
Also works with Dungeon Guardians, Golem Head, and probably any other "invincible" enemies. Test it on Turkor or the BoC, too.
Fixing this would require the devaluing of Boulder Traps and Carts.

WHY does everything need to be CHEESED?
cant people fly around dodging attacks, aka fighting a boss, Classic style.
I have never had to leave a playthrough due to not being able to kill a boss.. Is it so hard?

WHY does everything need to be CHEESED?
cant people fly around dodging attacks, aka fighting a boss, Classic style.
I have never had to leave a playthrough due to not being able to kill a boss.. Is it so hard?
The whole point of cheesing a boss is not to make the game easier. The point of cheesing bosses is to think outside the box, and find ways to do things the developers had not forseen. It is a mental exercise, not an "I can't fight it normally" production.

The whole point of cheesing a boss is not to make the game easier. The point of cheesing bosses is to think outside the box, and find ways to do things the developers had not forseen. It is a mental exercise, not an "I can't fight it normally" production.
Ah, well you have a point there.
What i AM waiting for though, is a MP farming/cheesing setup, since most of the ones ive seen/heard about are for SP. example: My friend and i, were almost done with our expert mode playthrough. He was tank melee, i was ranger. When we were at moon lord, i was exited to fight him like i did in normal mode the first time, flying around and dodging. However, We went with happy days method. And guess what. Death on first try... (Then we beat him) Simply because when he had taken so many hits, i died as well, He was at too low health to stay still, and boom. dead. IF the setup wouldve been for MP, we wouldve been more efficient, and most likely would not have died.

Someone please try to figure out a MP way to 'cheese' him. (Or tell me of an existing one, whatever works fine).

Mechanical Cart on a mine track going 18 forward, then 6 diagonal, then 18 forward, then so on, using Solar Eruption and Daybreak, with a dirt shield on top. If possible, try to run over the True Eyes to kill them.

Back
Top Bottom