1. Ghostar

Ghostar Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Hey Terrarians, I have a question for you! What are your favorite blocks to build with? (Or just to have around in general.)

I’ll tell you mine first, it’s the new Starry Blocks.
    (I guess that’s a spoiler… Well, it was on the official twitter so it’s okay!)

[​IMG]

So what are your favorites?

2. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

If you can make starry backgrounds out of these blocks, I'm sold.

3. Jimmarn

Jimmarn Artist Re-Logic

Mine's the other new block :naughty:

4. Ghostar

Ghostar Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

May wanna check here. ;)
    Terraria Official on Twitter

Safeman and Lord Garak like this.
  5. Jenosis

Jenosis Dungeon Spirit

Well it was crystal blocks, but after looking at this I think it might be Starry Blocks too.~:passionate:

Safeman and WitheredWyvern like this.
  6. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

Now all we need is a non-brick rainbow block and we can finally recreate Rainbow Road.

7. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

Safeman likes this.
  8. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

I like the Martian conduit plating and crystal blocks along with their walls. This new block looks very nice.

9. Matsu

Matsu Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm boring and old so I like using regular old Wood. Sunplate is also pretty nice I guess.

Baconfry, Izumi, Jenosis and 4 others like this.
  10. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

Nothing's wrong with wood, you can still paint it.

11. SolarDragonMarnyr

SolarDragonMarnyr Eye of Cthulhu

I like ebonwood, ice bricks, and rainbow blocks! Using all three of those usually gives me a nice and bright combination. I should build another big castle...

Ghostar likes this.
  12. Mocha

Mocha Cultist

boreal wood and normal wood! you can make some really nice looking starting bases and houses with just these two blocks alone... and never bother redesigning your base because you're just that lazy to tear it down and start from scratch

[​IMG]

Joop, Mar.io, Darkblane257 and 5 others like this.
  13. Exodus Starlit

Exodus Starlit Dungeon Spirit

There are so many to choose from. Luminite Brick when they have fixed coded layout.

Crystal Blocks, I like how they merge together with other blocks and they still they have outline no matter what.

Waterfall Block to spice up a little bit an atmosphere.

Honey Block doesn't look bad to build hives with but their masive movement and jump reduction isn't even worth build with. I wish you could make sticky Honey block with regular Honey Block and Bottled Honey.

My other blocks I like to build with specially are Ebonstone Bricks, Stone Slab, Hay Block and Borael Wood. Building were made before Crystal furnite was trully released, if you want to know.
    https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/capture-2015-08-12-11_32_00-png.70838/
    https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/capture-2016-07-25-16_29_37-png.130277/

my favourite modded block are Lodestone Slab and Valadium Plating for Thorium Mod that I made by myself:
    https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/capture-2018-02-02-08_23_32-png.192947/

Sorry, Ghostar, I still hope you will enjoy what I have to say.

Ghostar likes this.
  14. TheWorfer27

TheWorfer27 Retinazer

When actuators are with us, the non-existence of walls has no power over us!

But anyway, slime blocks have soft edges and no paint resistance. Bubble is also pretty soft but it's got paint resistance and isn't solid.

15. ThatRandomBuilderGuy

ThatRandomBuilderGuy Eye of Cthulhu

Crystal, Martian Plating, and Slime.
    Question: How to obtain the starry blocks? If they somewhat easy to get, then new favorite block. Period.

16. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

50 Luminite bars + 1 stone block= 1 Starry block.

17. ThatRandomBuilderGuy

ThatRandomBuilderGuy Eye of Cthulhu

oh my god.
    you madman one stone block too hard to get.

18. Greymerk

Greymerk Terrarian

I think boreal wood is probably one of my faves. Very pretty.

On another note; I miss the OG ore bricks from way back in the day before they were changed (eg; copper, silver, gold) and wish there was still a way to craft those. They kind of looked like metalic tinted stone bricks that sparkled.

19. ⭐CodePixel⭐

⭐CodePixel⭐ Terrarian

Hmm. i dont have terraria but from what i seen on youtube i guess the Meteorite Bricks are my favorite.

20. Voyager

Voyager Headless Horseman

Martian blocks for structures
    frozen slime blocks for fun