Official Your favorite blocks

my fave is always gonan be flesh blocks, making them unnaturally curl around more orthodox blocks to make little towns that look like theyve been infested with some meat curse or somesuch-
excited for what appeared to be a corruption counterpart of these on one old spoiler

Boreal wood because it's very easy to get in large amounts, doesn't need any rare/expensive materials and makes simple houses look so much better. I think the Starry blocks might be one of my new favorites :p

I probably get the most use out of living wood and leaf blocks across all biomes. vine-covered buildings, kelp forests, cherry trees. All possible with a little paint.

Cobalt bricks are fantastic for anything remotely water-themed or aquatic. Even just as bathroom tile.

I have a tie between 2 favorite blocks, and those are the Glowing Mushroom Blocks and Smooth Granite Blocks.

I like the organic feel of mushroom blocks, and the ability to easily farm Glowing Mushroom blocks, and I like the Smooth Granite for looking pristine and dark purplish naturally. Whenever I find a Granite Golem Statue I rejoice as I can then build a big Granite Castle!

There's so many good blocks and so many different applications, it'd be sooo hard to tell!

To make underground rooms, I rather like Mudstone Brick (and the walls built from such). Boreal Wood background walls look nice and smooth, I rather like them, and I suppose the foreground blocks look nice too.

Sometimes, Marble can make something look nice.

I have a tie between 2 favorite blocks, and those are the Glowing Mushroom Blocks and Smooth Granite Blocks.

I like the organic feel of mushroom blocks, and the ability to easily farm Glowing Mushroom blocks, and I like the Smooth Granite for looking pristine and dark purplish naturally. Whenever I find a Granite Golem Statue I rejoice as I can then build a big Granite Castle!
Aurora coming in with the correct opinions.

Y’all are treating Dirt Blocks like they’re some kind of joke. What gives? Add a bit of Dirt, touch it up with a Staff of Regrowth, and with some terraforming, you can make almost anything look like it's in touch with nature. My vote goes to Dirt/Grass.

The next step is choosing a block that will pair well with grass, or contrast with it in an attractive way. I often use Rich Mahogany, Copper Plating, or Sandstone Brick, and touch it up with paint.

Funny thing is that those two blocks pair excellently with each other. I think the dark color of granite looks excellent when illuminated with the glow of mushroom grass. The stripes from mushroom walls look great, too.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.55.11 PM.png

I guess I really have to say Pink slime blocks, don't I?:pinky:
Other than that guess it would be a three way tie between Hellstone brick, Meteorite brick, and Sunplate.

Hmm... my favourite would have to be either Martian Conduit Plating or the new Bamboo blocks. So good!

Crystal blocks are very nice, red brick is good if you need a paintable surface. My favorite out of the bricks are mudstone for underground creations (surprisingly simple to whip up!), cobalt/gold/silver bricks (for the shiny!), obsidian brick (combined with demonite for ominous tools), and classic gray brick if you're in need of something simple and ordinary to accent a wood setup, or do dark/medieval times builds.

(The last time I did anything expansive, it was out of Dynasty wood! But we're not talking about wood, are we?)

Back
Top Bottom