Your first dig.

I started my first world in the old snow biome so I think I must of dug up some snow first of all. I must of liked it because my first mining tunnel actually became my home base and it felt a lot safer from the zombies at night on the surface. I do feel a bit nostalgic for those early days where you consciously plan every twist and turn when you dig instead of just powering through as fast as you can.

Oh yes, my first dug block ever was dirt, then dirt god got angry on me, so I had to make dirt altar and apologize him by sacrificing my pickaxe.

What Ezel said. How did I feel? Well, I've watched people play terraria on youtube before I bought the game, so cutting down a tree wasn't anything new to me.

Mustve been dirt. The feeling of finally playing it, after 2 months of furiosly trying to make it install on my old computer. (I didnt know i needed admin acces to do it, i was dumb ok?)

Dirt. First time I play I spawn on the cliff. Left is corruption and right side is jungle.
After play in a few in-game day, I create another world and delete that world.

Both, lol.

Yes, it was added in a recent update. Before we were tunneling, not digging.
I think I know what she meant. You dig in the ground with shovel, what you actually do in Terraria is mining, though you can "dig", using pickaxe for dirt, lol.

I couldn't dig the first time i played cuz one of my friends told me that terraria is "literally 2D minecraft" and also said that all the mechanics and things were all the same so i though i could dig with my bare hands and when that didn't work i tried to make a shovel and only used my pickaxe on stone so i couldn't mine dirt for the longest time so the first thing i mined was stone.

[eta] Imagine the surprise of someone who realized this after exploring a whole world — "Whoa! That opens new possibilities, huh?"
Like a new player who accidentally and unknowingly drops his pickaxe, spending hours of surface exploring, monster killing and tree chopping, after which he thinks to himself: Is this it? Screw this game! :mad:

Like a new player who accidentally and unknowingly drops his pickaxe, spending hours of surface exploring, monster killing and tree chopping, after which he thinks to himself: Is this it? Screw this game! :mad:
Exactly. Or sells the pickaxe, or whatever.

[edit] On topic, I'm afraid I don't recall whether I first dug/mined/acquired dirt, stone, or something else. Probably dirt, to make a way back up out of a hole in the ground. My thoughts weren't quite "Squee!" More like "Righty, what next?"

Last edited:
I like how nobody realizes that this thread is mocking the other threads like this around there, which are frankly... quite silly.

Well, i dug a dirt block as my first block. Felt nothing.

Back
Top Bottom