Your first few days as a noob

SrAstral

Skeletron Prime
What were the first few things you did when you first played Terraria with no experience at all?
Here are the things that I did when I was a noob:
  • I used to only chop down the trunk of trees, I didn't cut down the stumps because I though the tree would grow back if I left the stump alone
  • I used to thought that my world has both the Corruption and Crimson
  • I tried to fight the Eye of Cthulhu without using shurikens, throwing knives, and my bow.
  • I used to enter the dungeon before Skeletron not knowing the existence of the Dungeon Guardian
  • When I first saw the old man at the dungeon, I accidentally keep spawning Skeletron because I thought the "Curse" button was a "Shop" button
  • I used to think that the Excalibur was the strongest sword in the game
And those weren't even all of it! Anyways, comment down what you used to do back then when you were still a noob

I tried to sprint with ctrl an I suddenly turned on the smart cursor. I spent half an hour building a wooden house-box with it.

i didn't realise what walls were for so i couldn't build a house and my guide fell into a pit and died during the night
also i was terrified of fighting bosses for some reason so i literally played for months before fighting the eye of cthulhu. by that point i had found/made such good weapons and armor that it was overly easy

I fell in a large pit next to the spawn and kept talking to the guide. Then I broke some pots in the pit which gave me some rope. Once I figured out how rope works I got out and built a house that was literally two pillars to stop zombies from getting to me. Eventually I found a cave and kept dying from the same dart trap. I also tried to kill skeletron WAY TOO MANY times when I found the dungeon, I only had two pieces of wood armor, an iron short sword and an iron bow...

It's weird cause on my first day I got killed 8 times by green slimes... I also thought the guide was an enemy cause I weent to stab him to no avail. I also tried to find the dungeon to fight the lunatic cultist cause that was the only boss I knew of back then. NoStaLgiA mates... Now I farm robot skulls for fun...lol

Had no idea you could craft sand into glass, gets really exited to find bottles in a wooden chest.

My first FIRST time in Terraria:
1. Didn't know you could craft
2. Played Terraria without crafting for an entire Pre-HM game
3. "What's an NPC"
4. The only NPC's ever were the ones at floating islands and I assumed it was IRL people
5. Failed to defeat the Wall of Flesh with an Iron Bow from the Merchant and Hellfire Arrows from Pots
6. Decided to use grenades and dynamites
7. After about 40 attempts I finally beat it
8. I found an Obsidian Work Bench in the Underworld
9. Realized you could craft
10. an episode of headbanging and facepalms

Couldn't figure out how to make background walls.
Though wood bow was op.
Didn't know armor was a thing.

At first I thought Modifiers for weapons were actually the name of the weapon, like how I thought the name of the Nature's Gift item was the "Arcane Nature's Gift"
I thought the Eater of Souls was a boss
I thought Goblin Theives actually took items
Also I didn't want to go to the Corruption as the Devourers scared the heck out of me. I was young when I first played this game.
I tried to fight Skeletron with Silver Armor

My first house was a wooden blob

I thought platinum armor was better than chlorophyte

Thought steampunker wouldn’t come back if she died

Couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t kill Plantera (I kept going above ground).

Last edited:
I first got it on mobile in like 4th grade(Im in high school now) and I could not figure out how to jump because on mobile there is no jump button, you have to swipe up on the pad to jump. I got stuck in same hole many time until i found out
never found out that you could make houses either, although I was smart enough to make dirt boxen to protect myself

Back
Top Bottom