Your most frustrating moments as a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno Mancer

Brain of Cthulhu
Hello, I would like to know what your most frusterating moments as a newbie to the world of Terraria.

I've had a LOT, but I've gotta say my most frustrating moment was when I on my first try of terraria I (stupidly) did Mediumcore and at the point when I had silver armor, I didn't know glow sticks worked underwater so I kept dying in one pool of water over and over again in the dark.
Eventually I got out with my stuff though, after an hour of slowly using the most inefficient way to escape.

So that's it. What's your story?

Last edited:
Back in 1.0.4 when slimes were devil spawns and everybody could kill you anywhere. No clue how many times I died attempting to reach the cave layer on my first world.
Oh and there's also 1.0.4's underworld. That was so hilariously next to unfair.

My most frustrating thing was beating the mechanical bosses for the first time; Destroyer was relatively easy but I had nothing but previous experience to base the fights on and it was hard fighting two eyeballs- or that many moving limbs when it comes to prime. Melee wise... I finally went the Ranged route and got me a Mega shark and some crystal bullets..still was intense battle for me even with the arena I constructed to make moving around easy. I died several times before I finally figured out their AI paths and could essentially call what they were going to do and be already out of the way.

Back in the day I was such a noob I did not know there was even a hardmode, I joined a friends world in hardmode and kept dying I asked why I was not strong enough to kill the mobs, they explained they were in hardmode while making fun of me for not knowing of what hardmode was, that is my biggest noob moment. But ever since then I have kept learning more and more about Terraria just so something like that never happens again.

When I was a noob during 1.1, I had full shadow armor and a minishark and decided it was time to kill Skeletron and hop into the dungeon. I died 3 TIMES against Skeletron AND I HAD A MINISHARK AND FULL SHADOW ARMOR until I finally beat him on my fourth try. It was sad.

None, because I was never a n00b in Terraria.

As a newbie, however, I was frustrated by the eye's persistence, back in 1.0.3. Took me a while to figure out I had to manually summon him to get him to stop visiting me every night.

In case someone doesn't get the "joke," a 'n00b' is someone who does things wrong in a game and won't listen to reason when told what they're doing wrong. A 'newbie' is a new player. Yes, the habit of using 'n00b' as an equivalent of 'newbie' is widespread, but widespread =! right. Don't be n00bs, people, call newbies newbies. :dryadwink:

probably the most annoying thing when I was a noob is, I didn't know how craft or what was Hellstone armor, I used to have a full set of gold and thats as far as I knew how to go

Gotta be the Dungeon Guardian... I must have died several times thinking "If I could just dodge this son of a bounder..!"

Ronald mcdonald slimes. (A combination of a red slime and a yellow slime.) Kept killing me over and over as I tried to mine.

When I was a newb in 1.0.5, I couldn't figure out how to open doors - so I'd break them and replace them again, because I thought they didn't open. *facepalm*

None, because I was never a n00b in Terraria.

As a newbie, however, I was frustrated by the eye's persistence, back in 1.0.3. Took me a while to figure out I had to manually summon him to get him to stop visiting me every night.

In case someone doesn't get the "joke," a 'n00b' is someone who does things wrong in a game and won't listen to reason when told what they're doing wrong. A 'newbie' is a new player. Yes, the habit of using 'n00b' as an equivalent of 'newbie' is widespread, but widespread =! right. Don't be n00bs, people, call newbies newbies. :dryadwink:

*widespread != right (sorry, coderitis)

while i never was really a noob, i was a newbie. like razor knight said.

the newbiest thing ive done really was make a medium sized world (since my i prefer small now) and thats not even newbie, thats an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom