Your Playstyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miner8625

Steampunker
How do you play? I mean,like,rush everything to the end,or carefully obtain useful items and reforge everything.

I tend to gather resources extensively until I'm Batman-levels of overprepared, then mop the floor with whatever boss I was gearing up for. Then realize I could've done it with significantly less preparation.

Generally? I skip over as much of the early-game mining phase as possible (although where I do do it it'll usually be in the Underground Ice biome). I'll run like hell to grab the Musket. After I've got the Musket, I'll work on acquiring a few melee and magic weapons (flails, spears, ice blade... and maybe a gem staff) to round out my arsenal. Then I'll get my bum into the dungeon and loot that madzone. Down into the Jungle for a boomstick and maybe a few Queen Bee items, and then I kill the WoF.

Whereas I kinda rush pre-hardmode, my reaction to hardmode is very different. I'll work on upgrading my arsenal with enemy drops and make sure to have a good set of gear before facing the Destroyer. And then I'll keep on rolling from there, with whichever style feels natural based on the drops I got!

Coat the map with gravestones.
hahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAahahAHAHAHhahHahaHhaHhaghhahGHGfgf--

.. Yeah, I'm an impatient player. I don't enjoy digging, so I'l die alot and then kind of start to wreck things until hardmode starts, in which the gravestones need two coats.

I usually go ahead and get Meteor Armor/Space Gun as soon as I start a new world. When I get that, I fight EoW/BoC to get the pickaxe. I'll head to the dungeon, kill skeletron, and loot the Water Bolt and Cobalt Shield. After that, I'll head to the jungle just to grab jungle armor, loot potions, and life crystals. I also prepare an underground mushroom farm. Right after that, I head to hell and break pots hoping for a mana regen/power potion and fight WoF.

In hardmode, I'll grind the WoF until I get a ranger emblem and a Clockwork Assault Rifle. Heading to the corruption/crimson, I break every altar I see. I usually mine enough of hardmode ore #1/2 till I can make a pickaxe that can mine titanium or orichalcum, depending on the ore generated. I'd head to the underground crimson/corruption and grind for enough cursed/ichor bullets. I grab a truffle worm from my mushroom farms and kill Duke Fishron. After that, I just breeze through the entire game.

I tend to gather resources extensively until I'm Batman-levels of overprepared, then mop the floor with whatever boss I was gearing up for. Then realize I could've done it with significantly less preparation.
I'm pretty much exactly like this.
But, the first thing I always, always do, even before mining, is try to make a good looking house. When that starts to frustrate me, then I go mining.

Slow and steady. I'm what you'd call a casual. I don't care about spending an hour farming for platinum using some kind of complicated wire contraption. I don't care about spending hours killing the same enemy until I get a rare drop (except on special occasions.).
I just play the game slowly, and deal with things as they're thrown at me. Trying to do all those fancy, complicated speedrunner-tactics, MLG-Hardcore-Mode-champion things really takes away the feel of games for me in general. It makes them less fun.

I'm pretty aggressive and slightly reckless.
I skip several tiers, and grab any weapon I get lucky with.
My previous run:

Weapons: copper shortsword -> Ebonwood sword -> Katana -> Night's edge/Dark Lance -> Beamsword -> True Night's edge/ death sickle -> Terra blade/ Paladin's hammer
Armor: Ebonwood -> Shadow (I'm serious) -> Molten -> Adamantite -> Frost -> Beetle scalemail.

Then I collect anything that I missed :p

Primarily ranged (both guns and magic) when it comes to attacking but what I do is farm. For long periods of time, constantly farming things. Even when I don't need to.

Pretty much what I do in any game if the game allows.

I make spelunker potions then power through early game and early hardmode, skipping EoC unless he random-spawns. All I get from hell is a pickaxe. Ranged masterrace.

I usually go straight from shadewood to crimtane, then to molten.
Although once I made a reinforced fishing pole at the very start of my play through, went fishing for a reaver shark, then went straight to molten.

I usually go straight from shadewood to crimtane, then to molten.
Although once I made a reinforced fishing pole at the very start of my play through, went fishing for a reaver shark, then went straight to molten.
Props to you fellow ore skipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom