Official Your Year on TCF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsu

Party Girl
kdcROYP.png

Hey everybody, as several of you know (from the alert for that fancy new title) today is the one year anniversary of TCF launching! This has been one crazy year for the Terraria community; from 1.3 to T:OW and beyond. Since this year has been so massive and full of amazing things, we are just wondering what was your time this year like?

In this thread we are asking that you write, or draw, or sing, or whatever it is, something that encapsulates your last year on TCF. This can be as abstract or literal as you want. We want to know, what has the last year been like for you?

Thank you to everybody for being part of this amazing community; we hope the next year will be just as good if not better than this one. To help kick off another fantastic year, we are holding a contest! Click HERE to learn more about it.

Last edited:
A year of maturing.
Oh, and did I forget learning almost every single thing in C# because of it?

For me, TCF began many months prior. So many hours of often-frustrating work...and then we opened that day, it was like sending a child out into the world.

So very many cool things have occurred since then - for me, for Terraria, for the Community. Cannot wait to see what the future holds!

My fave memories....well, I'll have to give that some thought. There are so many good ones.

Off-hand, the Halloween contest and the @Pedguin streaming right up to 1.3 launch (we had like 22k+ in that Twitch room and Terraria was right behind the big boys on the Twitch top 5). I'll come up with some cool stories when I have some time - maybe some behind the scenes or "making of" stuff. ;)

A year of suggesting, pixel art and forum games.
I don't know, though.
I just sorta did some random stuff.
I guess.

It was wonderful, and hard,I learnt a lot of things, these forums made me what I am right now, no, I'm not lying, I wait tha the next year be better!

For me, this year on TCF marked my time both on a new forum and as a moderator; I was never a moderator on Terraria Online, and I have been a moderator since TCF went live; my entire time here has been in that new experience, and its certainly been fantastic.

As a TO user, I very much kept to myself; I was involved and posted, but had few social relationships on the forum. Furthermore, I kept to a handful of sections, primarily the Suggestions section and General Discussion, mostly to get involved in balance assessments. Being on here, and having to observe the forum for a greater purpose has encouraged me to explore other sections of the forum which I never would have entered at all, had I not been a moderator, and its certainly expanded my experience of the Terraria community as a whole. And I certainly feel like I have a better understanding and relationships with other forum members than I used to, to say nothing of the moderators I've personally befriended in my time on TCF (almost none of whom I had even met or knew of on Terraria Online).

The two changes; a new forum and a new position, will always be inextricably entwined for me, resulting in one great overall experience which I am honored to have been a part of!

I suppose I should actually participate in the sharing as well.

Some of you may know that I have been in the Terraria community for a long time, I joined TO in May 2011 before launch of the game, but I went on quite a hiatus in early 2012. After I found out about TCF I fell back in love with this community, I reconnected with some of my oldest and dearest friends and made some new friends that I will love forever.

This community is one of the kindest and most loving that I have ever known, and I am so glad to be not only a part of the staff but to be part of it in general.

I r8 this year 8/8 m8.

A year to never forget,

I've been on TO since januari 2014, It was good to know the community there, and it went only better to after TCF's launch:

I've improved in arting like I never did in the years before, It's really the practising and trying to find out new ways bits by bits.
I've started an unique playthrough, throwables, where the character became forum-famous, and not to forget, throwables even happens to become a class now
I've made new friends, where I can laugh at it everytime a new topic happens. They helped me in arting and I helped them back by sharing wips.
The caramelldansen trends lasted for almost a month, it was hillarious.
Found an artist on DA and helped him his way to the forums, also helped him setting up his first thread.
And I'm glad I've helped him, seeing what he've become now as a member to us.:happy:-cough- @ajidot -cough-
I discovere also that I was able to host on multiplayer, with that, I've done a nice playthrough with two other friends I've met on the forums. And despite the lag, we had still a lot of fun with each other. (wooden triangles, plantera salad, the bait for the bosses, swag houses XD)

I've loved this year a lot, It will be a part that I won't forget easily in my life, and I hope that this continiues like this :D

(not to forget that I'm actually training my english and grammar here too, looking back at my firsts post makes me go like, wow)

Last edited:
I suppose I should actually participate in the sharing as well.

Some of you may know that I have been in the Terraria community for a long time, I joined TO in May 2011 before launch of the game, but I went on quite a hiatus in early 2012. After I found out about TCF I fell back in love with this community, I reconnected with some of my oldest and dearest friends and made some new friends that I will love forever.

This community is one of the kindest and most loving that I have ever known, and I am so glad to be not only a part of the staff but to be part of it in general.

I r8 this year 8/8 m8.
9000/10 "Too much love" - IGN.

Almost a full year playing random forums games when I got bored :p
But I did like the website, alot of people here were pretty nice

It was great. Also, I haven't gotten my title yet? Glitch, or not? I feel like I should wait a while longer before reporting it, but wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom