Official Your Year on TCF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past year has been pretty crazy for me. Started out not knowing how well I'd be able to integrate into the community, not knowing many people.

Eventually met some really cool people, became a beta tester, got accepted by Mystery to help write the Terrarian Times, (which I still consider one of my happiest times on the forums, being able to assist with a well-established project and share my writing abilities with the entire forum I've come to sorta love a lot). Soon after that, I had another big boost of community love when I was selected to be on the forum staff, and aid the forums from that front too. So within the span of half a year, I became part of an awesome team to help make the game better, part of the forum staff to help make the forums better, and part of a newspaper dedicated to talking about said awesome game and community. Triple Threat, baby!

And then of course, all the lovely people I've met since then through all of these 3 avenues, as well as my (what I'm generously and modestly going to call) legions and legions of adoring fans who every day call me big and it's not even an insult. It's this community that made me as big as I am! Couldn't have done it without you! By this time next year, let's make sure I become super mega monarch overlord of the forums.

All in all, let's just say I have 365 fond memories from this past year on the forums. (Was really cool when Cenx told people to spam me on my birthday and I had like 5 profile pages of Happy Birthdays though)

On a serious side note, while I have only been on this community for such a small time frame, I have really enjoyed my whole time here. Not to mention, everyone is so kind and respectable. This community has felt like a family to me when I have been facing family drama, or college stress. In short, I really love this community and everything about it. Thanks everyone! Thank you all so much for making such a wonderful community!

I started off mainly using forum games, then went to the RP section, still with a bit of forum games mixed in.
Nowadays, I hang around New Profile Posts almost exclusively.

I made a few suggestions, formed a Sm4sh cult, talked on peoples' profiles, posted on threads, and overall had a great time.

The whole year was amazing. I stated off only in one thread, which was the NTerraria mod thread. But slowly, I soon stated branching off into diffrent threads, groups, etc. This whole forum was amazing (every included except bots ^.^) I soon came to enjoy everyone here from Razor Knight/Kyouko Tsukino to Baconfry to ajidot (Don't want to list everyone). I'm Glad I decided to join from when it officially launched.

I remember when this forum was made. During the first six months, I got myself into trouble and got banned a few times. Now I try to keep myself out of it. So, I just lurk around. I've had fun times and been in some very interesting conversations here, but it's all good tho. For some reason, the bans are the most memorable to me. I will always cherish them. And Rosalina<3. It's nice to be here. :)

I don't really know where to start, if I'm to be honest. My forum year has been so widespread and out of order that I really can't begin. Let's see...

I made loads of new friends on the Terraria Community Forums, a definite change from the awful atmosphere that plagued the Official Starbound Forums. I created a good amount of literature projects and social forums, devoting my time to leadership and responsibility. Blaghrgahahrga, I don't know what else to put.

I just love being here, and as much as I might seem as useless as the Pythagorean Theorem to some of you, you all have a special place in my hearts. And not just any special place, but you've got jacuzzis, strippers, and the whole package.

*clinks glass* T-to another year, Morty!

T'was a really great year. I love the community and the kindness and humbleness it always had.
I remember when I first made the vanity workshop, it's just amazing how it got attention, which is something I wasn't expecting at all. I met played with a lot of people.
To sum up, I don't see myself anywhere near quitting.

I'd just like to say thank you.

Thank you to the dev team, for creating my favourite game of all time.

Thank you to the mods, keeping everything under control, and somehow managing to be both badass, and hilarious at the same time.

Thanks to all those who I often talk to, making TCF feel like a lovely place.

Thanks to all the artists for making awesome art, of me, of others and of almost everything else.

Thanks to all the writers, writing plot twists so twisted they travel through dimensions.

Thanks to the Fireblossom community for being awesome, fun and tolerant of a crappy owner.

Thanks to every one of you, whether you troll, lurk, hang out, or drench us all in sarcasm, you're the best.

Thanks for this year.

Here's to the next.

The past year here on TCF has been a subtle, but a great experience for myself. I fell sick before the launch of the forum, and it is only growing worse, which makes it difficult for me to actively find a snug place to keep interacting with you guys! I have been and will continue to watch the forum and give my attention where and when needed, be it directly or behind-the-curtains in discussion with the other staff.

I do apologise for being pretty silent (some of you may not even know me, sadly) but as matters mentioned above, it's merely just backlash of that - I'm still very much here and reading many of your posts and I am still dedicated to making the forum a better place.

TCF has so far been an immense improvement over the old forum, Terraria Online. Which started off great but began to deteriorate due to lack of support, having to wake up and clean out 60+ bots every morning before I had my morning tea isn't exactly the best experience! Support on TCF so far has been utterly fantastic, and that should continue.

...and most importantly of all, you guys have been great!
For the coming year, I think I'll try harder to get more involved with you awesome guys :)

2096650.jpg

Seriously, though, I wish I was here far earlier. I've registered here, since I wanted to play with some people but there went something more than that. My memories reach only about one month, since my activity started in half of August. So short time and yet I got to know so many nice people here.
These forums are by far the best ones I've been registered on and it made me somewhat happier, and more social. It's also one of the reasons why I started my attempts on drawing.
If I could know in the past, that I will spend such a good time here, I would certainly make an account, back in the years on TO, since I got know about it in 2011 and have been visiting as a guest once a while. Guess I just didn't feel well and confident enough for it.
This is one of the best communities I've ever met and I would have a really hard time leaving from here. Guess I got TCF-addicted. So I would like to thank most of you, for giving me such a great experience, just in short duration of my extreme activity here. Also it was fun to play on Fireblossom even with crappy owner(s). I never were so joyful nor had many friends ( or buddies, whatever you may call it ). Good that I will be here on the next anniversary, at least.

I've been on TCF for quite a while, around two months after the whole thing started.
At first, i didn't think it would catch on too much, I though TO would stay for quite a while.
Little did i know, I came back about 3 months later to see TCF booming with people. This was the point i became active.
TCF has an amazing community. I've made many friends here and i'm happy to see that.
Everybody here is so nice, I couldn't even begin to thank all the people who have been a part of this community, Even if i don't know them.

To rate this year of TCF, I'd rate it around a 11/10.

Technically I haven't been on here for a whole year just yet, since I joined in November, but I will say that I've enjoyed nearly everything that's happened so far.

I've made many new friends from many different spectrums, and we slew dragons together. I've also spoken to people I thought I'd never speak to, because they were of higher status, but it turns out that they're just as cool as most people.

I've made many puns, status updates, and profile posts as I can remember. But on one particular status sparked the love that is me and
@Red H2O .

Screw the forums, Red. It's great and all, and the people in it, but as long as I have you (and Steam), I'll always be happy. I love you. <3

Oh boy, where to begin.

Last year was absolutely terrible for me, I spend a full year in university being exploited by my fellow students in a study I absolutely loathed for a career path I absolutely didn't want to go down, and being able to take refuge in TCF is probably what prevented me from harming myself worse than I did, although I know my behaviour on the forums sometimes reflected that. Now, I'm finally studying game design like I was born to do, and guess who one of the two people was who cheered when our first graphical design assignment turned out to be pixel art?

I also wrote some things, which people apparently liked. So we have that.

Let's do some shout-outs, shall we?

Shout-out to @Charmander27 and all the guys at TI, everyone's favorite Forum RP, where I have spent quite some time watching W1K people being absolutely terrible at dice rolls.

Shout-out to @ajidot for motivating me to start drawing again, as well as being a completely awesome person in general.

Shout-out to @Leinfors for generally being a really cool person and for moderating Adult Swim, sacrificing his opinion for the sake of remaining objective. Hats off to you, good sir.

Shout-out to the staff team in general, for volunteering to keep this place civil and running smoothly, which they do really well as far as I'm concerned.

And finally, a shout-out to our lords and masters, Re-Logic. Perhaps one day I shall work besides you. I heavily doubt it considering I aspire to enter the AAA industry but it's the symbolism that counts here.

On to the next one.

The last year has been wonderful for me. There has been so much that I won't be able to get to it all, but I'd like to point out some of my favorite parts.

• Seeing how excited the community gets with each update.
  • Myself getting hyped over each and every T:OW spoiler.
  • Venting with @Voffie, @Shotte, and the other guys in the Yu-Gi-Oh! social group.
  • Everyone who has filled my bored hours with replies on The Island and inspiring me to try and be creative and learn new skills.
  • @Mystery for being an amazing all around guy and really getting me involved in the community in the first place (okay, this one is older than 1 year but just as important).
  • Silently stalking the threads of all the amazing artists and builders we have on TCF - seriously, you guys rock!
  • Getting to know a lot of you and generally having a good time.

This has been a very exciting and eventful year for Terraria indeed, and the TCF have evolved very well.

I have only been on the TCF for about 9-10 months, but I was previously on TO a little bit when I joined it in 2013. It has still been quite the journey for me joining TCF. Given my personality, even when I joined the TCF, I was still shy about talking to other people and only posted occasionally on Terraria related threads and off topic threads related to Anime or other things.

Since then I have gotten a lot less shy, by creating threads to create new discussions, joining social groups and even creating one, posting more in several areas of the forums, creating Terraria videos, getting to know the other members, posting on people's profiles, and making my own suggestions. I've been very active socially in various areas of the forums and before joining TCF I wasn't really part of any forums, or just a very occasional poster in the few forums I did look at. Being part of the TCF community has also made me love Terraria even more than I did before seeing other people's experiences of what Terraria is to them.

TCF represented a new beginning for me to be a big part in trying to become part of a community rather than be completely isolated on the Internet and just being a lurker to the forums I see. And never before have I felt more accepted by an online community. I have no doubt it is thanks to the overall very kind community here that is fostered by the excellent team of Mods, Admins, and the Developers of Terraria themselves that allowed me to break out of a shell I had built around myself for fear of being rejected if I put myself out there.

I'd like to thank the members of Re-Logic as well as the great Forum Administrators and Moderators again for making a wonderful community that is accepting and full of fun.

Where to begin. Man, it's been an eventful year.

I joined TO back in 2013, mainly because I kept seeing all those juicy 1.2 spoilers and just couldn't resist not posting.

This was the prime of 1.1, where you couldn't turn a corner and not see a new tConfig mod that made the game just a little/massively better. I actually still somewhat miss those days, as seeing all the community-created content was awe-inspiring for someone who had never seen a proper online community before.

Unfortunately, TO had its problems, so with the announcement of TCF, I was thrilled. A dedicated place to discuss and show our love for our favourite game, minus the problems of TO? Yes please!

And man what a year it has been! 1.2.4 was released, bringing the ever-entertaining minecarts into existence. 1.3 was announced, with a slow drip-feed of spoilers coming in to keep up the excitement. New staff on the forums. The rise of the artists sections, which I argue has grown much stronger since TO and TCF's launch. T:OW was announced (I want it!). Terraria confirmed to be released on Nintendo systems sometime in the future. 1.3 was launched to the public, bringing with it many a quality improvement, and some closure to an otherwise very open-ended game that didn't have a quote unquote 'Final Boss' to speak of.

This, in my opinion, has been the year of hype. Hype for TCF, hype for 1.3, hype for new console releases and hype for T:OW. May this next year be the year of celebration as the hype becomes a reality!

My year was mostly me hiding in my profile and posting statuses and people coming to talk to me.
Then, recently, someone invited me to a thing where I met someone that has changed my life a whole bunch in such a short time.
TCF played a large role in making my life better like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom