1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Terraria: Otherworld You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat: The Ocean Biome in Terraria: Otherworld

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Happy Friday everyone!

As you might have seen in our social media teasers, we were working hard in person with Engine's new project lead putting in design work and more on Terraria: Otherworld last week. We wanted to give you guys a spoiler last week as well, but sometimes life (and bugs) get in the way of our plans. ;)

That said - we are happy to be able to share the latest spoiler with you guys this afternoon: a quick dive into the Ocean Biome in Otherworld! Deadly sharks and more await you as you try to hold your breath long enough to explore the murky depths for loot and adventure. There is a lot to see in this quick snapshot, so we will leave you to your usual dissection and speculation. Enjoy!

OceanBiome_screenshot02.png

Oh yeah.....Multiplayer is working, as you can see. Just sayin'. :cool:

We hope you enjoy this latest spoiler, and we look forward to sharing more about Terraria: Otherworld with you in the weeks and months to come!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. Beezwax&Nectar

Beezwax&Nectar Spazmatism

SO EXCITED!!! (mostly about multiplayer, great to see it working!)

3. Dragon_Guardian

Dragon_Guardian Terrarian

Woohoo! More Otherworld!

4. HappyDays

HappyDays Terrarian

Wow! Thanks for the update! :D

5. Tsuki

Tsuki Terrarian

Mrs. Biome is drowning.

Also, super sharks in ToW, sand sharks in Terraria, so much shark! Always great to see ToW stuff though.

One day, one day.

6. Yui Komori

Yui Komori Skeletron

Cool!

PedroF4N likes this.
  7. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

That's one sexy looking screenshot. But there's one particular detail that attracts my attention:

We can still dupe water!

Itamar and TriforceHero1279 like this.
  8. samufinland

samufinland Terrarian

So water physics are the same?

But...

The right half of the picture has air between the small stone pillars but the pillars on the left doesn't?

And why is one of the players grappled to the ceiling... underwater?

There are also a couple of bottles on a table resembling a Workbench made of palm tree

9. Joost8910

Joost8910 Terrarian

Awesome! I can't wait for Otherworld!
    Yes I can.

TriforceHero1279 likes this.
  10. Jetstream ∞

Jetstream ∞ Cultist

OH MY GOD THIS IS INCREDIBLE

11. Star

Star Dungeon Spirit

Augh, this game keeps looking better and better every spoiler, you guys are awesome.

Also, rest in piece Mrs. Biome, may you be remembered as the coolest fish under the sea.

Crimwolf and TriforceHero1279 like this.
  12. MrRudi

MrRudi Developer Engine Software

Man-made holes vs generated holes...mystery solved :)

13. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

This looks really incredible, I'm looking forward it. :)

14. GabeHasWon

GabeHasWon Official Terrarian

Shut up and take my money!
    Seriously though, this looks awesome.

TriforceHero1279 likes this.
  15. If I wasn't sold before, I'm sold now. This is the Ocean Biome I have always dreamed of!

Great to see it become a reality! :happy:

EDIT: Please be big!

16. Migui

Migui Skeletron Prime

I'm so happy about how this game progrides in every spoiler,T:OW will be a game so innovator,thanks by your awesome company,but I have a question:If this game haves a new engine,obviostly supports more liquids,so there will be more liquids like acid

But I'm worried about 1 thing:the items in most screenshots are in terraria,so this game appears to be terraria whit new graphics,storyline and level up system:(

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  17. Jenosis

Jenosis Dungeon Spirit

I can only hope that the ocean is much more bigger and fleshed out in Otherworld (pls)

18. Antti111

Antti111 Terrarian

This game looks aaawesooome!!! This is really cool ocean biome and Terraria otherworld has multiplayer! This is going to be Realle awesome game! :)

eriin.1d.o and TriforceHero1279 like this.
  19. James Harrow

James Harrow Spazmatism

sharks are pretty cool

eriin.1d.o and TriforceHero1279 like this.
  20. Fleshball

Fleshball Skeletron Prime

i want my 10 bucks back also what happened to these ideas

S.M.S.G
    Shroomite Calibur

srsly

eriin.1d.o likes this.