You've got the Touch, You've got the Power! Controller & Customization Update hits Mobile Terraria Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a problem in mobile version with the accesories.
When you put them out of their accesorie slot, their reforgment disappears.
Like for example you have warding frostpark boots, but you want to replace them with a celestial stone, the warding from the frostpark boots dissappears

My game is crashing when connecting my DS4v2 controller to my iPod Touch 7th Gen. It will crash when opening if the controller is already connected before launching the game, and crash as soon as the controller connects if the game is open.

I did some tests with the ps4 controller capabilities and ill let you know it barely functions. Almost every button is randomized, the cursor constantly goes to the upper left corner of the screen, changing the control scheme doesnt do anything, even the menu controls are weird where square is select and x is exit, l2 and r2 cycles your hud, left and right movement is surprisingly normal. So is using your mount, but the random button layout remains constant no matter what you do, this needed more play testing.

The game is unplayable with my device, the gamepad/controller UI is enforced even though I didn't have any controller.

hello I just want you to know something that bothers me a lot that it is no longer there and it is the fact that the right stick no longer serves to make the swords attack to the side you want if it does not launch any projectile and it bothers me that it is with the left stick since with that stick it is with which you move and that forces you to be on the boss or the enemy and you end up receiving free damage with no real possibility of evading it and hitting it at the same time as in the previous version when you use the swords I used as the main weapon but I don't really like being the mele type anymore and for that change it is much better for me to use the other classes but I don't like them as much as mele (I hope it is explained well)

With the update, the game runs pretty well! I'm having no problems with the UI etc.

But... I cannot drag the sun away on the main menu- you know what I'm talking about

And.. something actually more important. When you put an accessory on the vanity slot, the modifier/reforge somewhy disappears.

What did the post controller support update do that arrived at the moment?
Did it remove controller sipport because when i connected my controller to the game then it showed me that my controller wasn't connected at all

The same happens in my case

Do only Xbox and PS4 Bluetooth controllers work? Cause I'm using a Razer Raiju Mobile Bluetooth which is a third party controller. Does Terraria Mobile not support Third Party Controllers?

Terraria does not recognize my controller(QTJBS4000)
The app is from play store and my phone is an redmi note 5 pro

I do not have an exhaustive list of supported/non-supported gamepads. For certain XB1/PS4 work (I can only say that confidently b/c I have used them myself :p )

Build 383 fixed the crashing for unsupported gamepads
Build 384 fixed the "stuck on controller UI when no controller is connected" issue

DR currently working on the Phase 2 gamepad fix, which should take the form of some frontend UI to help setup currently-unsupported gampads, as covered here: You've got the Touch, You've got the Power! Controller & Customization Update hits Mobile Terraria Today!

The game is unplayable with my device, the gamepad/controller UI is enforced even though I didn't have any controller.

Download Build 384 for Android, released yesterday.

I dont know if this is the right place but theres an issue where servers and single player worlds randomly boot non hosting players and crashes periodically for lower end android users as well as high end users. Also random lag spikes and lots of general lag in certain world sizes like large and medium.

Nothing has really been touched with MP this update. Thus, this is almost certainly tied to hosting content beyond the capability of the host's hardware and/or connection-latency issues. The more players and larger worlds and complex things involved, the more stress put on the host... and thus the more robust hardware/connection needed. We made the conscious choice to open up hosting broadly rather than just shutting it off to anyone outside of "devices that can host large worlds and max players"... so that means some devices are not capable of stable hosting a large world with a bunch of people. Using a smaller world can help... or hosting via the free PC-based server app is always an option.

If you can share more details, I am happy to explore the issue further for you with DR - but we need to rule out the above first. :)

I have a problem where after the update all my accessories with warding lost their modifier

Theres a problem in mobile version with the accesories.
When you put them out of their accesorie slot, their reforgment disappears.
Like for example you have warding frostpark boots, but you want to replace them with a celestial stone, the warding from the frostpark boots dissappears

And.. something actually more important. When you put an accessory on the vanity slot, the modifier/reforge somewhy disappears.

Known issue, will be fixed in the phase 2 fix listed above. This seems to be tied to swapping things into and out of the equipment slots, particularly with vanity slots. So don't do that for now. Sorry about that.

Instructions unclear, cannot connect external controller (dualshock 4 in this case).

I did some tests with the ps4 controller capabilities and ill let you know it barely functions. Almost every button is randomized, the cursor constantly goes to the upper left corner of the screen, changing the control scheme doesnt do anything, even the menu controls are weird where square is select and x is exit, l2 and r2 cycles your hud, left and right movement is surprisingly normal. So is using your mount, but the random button layout remains constant no matter what you do, this needed more play testing.

If you have a controller actively on and connected to your device via Bluetooth (DS4-2), the game should recognize it automatically when you start the app. Pretty sure you will need Android 9.0 or sooner. The issue you are seeing is tied to using an Android version prior to 9.0. You may be able to build a custom layout still, however. Have you tried this?

My game is crashing when connecting my DS4v2 controller to my iPod Touch 7th Gen. It will crash when opening if the controller is already connected before launching the game, and crash as soon as the controller connects if the game is open.

Just confirming that you are running the latest iOS and are on at least 13? I just connected my DS4-2 to my X and an iPad Mini4 and was able to connect, launch, and play with no issues.

hello I just want you to know something that bothers me a lot that it is no longer there and it is the fact that the right stick no longer serves to make the swords attack to the side you want if it does not launch any projectile and it bothers me that it is with the left stick since with that stick it is with which you move and that forces you to be on the boss or the enemy and you end up receiving free damage with no real possibility of evading it and hitting it at the same time as in the previous version when you use the swords I used as the main weapon but I don't really like being the mele type anymore and for that change it is much better for me to use the other classes but I don't like them as much as mele (I hope it is explained well)

I'm afraid I do not understand what you are saying... can you try again? :)

Just confirming that you are running the latest iOS and are on at least 13? I just connected my DS4-2 to my X and an iPad Mini4 and was able to connect, launch, and play with no issues.

Yes, I am running iOS 13.4.1 and the controller is recognized by iOS, but terraria crashes when the controller is connected.

@Loki can you please add support to ipega 9099 controller. i want to play it on my controller but nothing works.

We will not be adding one gamepad at a time. The solution DR is creating will be more holistic than this... and better for the long term. So hang in there for that. :)

Does anyone at least have an idea when amazon devices will get this udate?

As soon as Amazon releases it.

Yes, I am running iOS 13.4.1 and the controller is recognized by iOS, but terraria crashes when the controller is connected.

Very odd, let's explore this more tomorrow when DR are in. We are not seeing the same thing on a range of other iOS 13.4.1 devices....

Ok so, what I'm trying to say is that the right joystick doesn't work the way it did in the 1.2 update with the swrods in 1.2 you could use the right joystick to swing your sword to the left or the right (I hope this time I explained myself better with what I'm trying to say, is just that it's hard to describe in words)

After the release of update 1.3, micro friezes in multiplayer are visible. And yet on my gamepad the game does not see the Rt and Lt buttons

Ok so, what I'm trying to say is that the right joystick doesn't work the way it did in the 1.2 update with the swrods in 1.2 you could use the right joystick to swing your sword to the left or the right (I hope this time I explained myself better with what I'm trying to say, is just that it's hard to describe in words)
Yeah I remember that it would change the direction you face by just moving the right joystick, I miss that feature, cause if I swing to the left and I’m facing right, it doesn’t work well if I’m moving right.

You can. Turn Aim & Use on.

You cannot walk one direction and swing the other. As I recall, this was something that old mobile had... one of many "tweaks" Codeglue made to pre-1.3 mobile to make things "easier".

yet on my gamepad the game does not see the Rt and Lt buttons

Which gamepad, which device? If it is a non-supported device, you will have to wait on phase 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom