Weapons & Equip Yoyo Accessory

Protean_Entity

Empress of Light
I recently made a post on facebook about one part of yoyo's that had been overlooked in Terraria and a suggestion of how it could be changed, and thought if I post here maybe a modder or maybe even a bored dev may see it.
There are 5 main contest divisions,1a to 5a. And Terraria represents 4 out of these 5 relatively well. 1a being a single yoyo and the tricks you can do, 2a and 3a being with the yoyo glove, and 5a being with counterweights.
4a is also known as offstring yoyo and it's pretty different in that the string is not connected to the yoyo itself, allowing the yoyo to fly freely if the trick calls for it.

My suggestion is, instead of recoding a whole new set of yoyo's that act differently, have an accessory, either crafted or as a drop or bought etc, either part of the yoyo bag or separate, that gave a cool little tribute feature that was both practical and looked cool with a bit more involvement.
The way I picture it is that when you have this accessory equipped, scoring a crit with a yoyo would spawn another yoyo (in addition to any extra from the glove or bag) that comes down the string from the player and bounced up in the air upon contacting an enemy or at the end of the string if that's easier. And this new yoyo, would be effected by gravity and fall freely after the bounce, but it could be caught with the string of the yoyo, and would roll back up the string to come down again, whereas if it was left it would just fall.
In order to balance this, it can be capped at 1 or 2 or whatever makes it fun but also not too powerful. Capping it as a percentage of crit chance might even make a crit melee actually more worth it.
The yoyo should be the same as whatever yoyo is being used with any of the same effects so it's useful at any point in the game.

This isn't a need out of balance, as Terraria can be completed with only yoyo's.
But I do believe it would be fun.
I'd love to hear opinions on this, and if anyone is able to make a mod with this or incorporate it in their mod, I'd love to hear about it so I can use it too.

Back
Top Bottom