tModLoader Yoyos 2.0

Do you like the mod? (Leave suggestion critiques ideas etc)

• A lot

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • It's OK

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • It's better than nothing

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Roxxz

Golem
~ * Read my last post and leave your Suggestions * ~

Yoyos 2.0 Mod

upload_2017-1-23_17-15-2.png

This mod adds projectiles and crazy effects to VANILLA yoyos to make them more fun to play with.

It also adds
upload_2017-1-23_17-17-2.png
Grand Master Ninja Gear Accessory
upload_2017-1-23_17-17-4.png
and More

(Check Below)

Content:
All yoyos but Wood Yoyo and Terrarian have projectiles or effects. Collect them and find out what they do.

Some Examples are Red's Yoyo shoots Death Sickle's Projectiles and The Eye of Cthulhu Shoots small homing Eye of Cthulhus.

Code_1.png
Code 1 has a chance to drop before Hardmode when you kill Ice Slimes or Eskimo Zombies

Code_2.png
Code 2 has a chance to drop when you kill any Mech Boss

Rally.png
Rally has a chance to drop when you kill Medusas or Hoplites

Format_C.png
Format C has a chance to drop when you kill The Wall of Flesh

Gradient.png
Gradient can be crafted with 3 Spelunker Potions + 5 Gold Dust + Wooden Yoyo @ any anvil

Red%27s_Throw.png
Red's YoYo can be crafted with 100 Soul of Might+ 10 Soul of Night + 10 Gold Dust + Wooden Yoyo @ any anvil

Valkyrie_Yoyo.png
Valkyrie YoYo can be crafted with 100 Soul of Sight + 10 Soul of Flight + 10 feathers + Wooden Yoyo @ any anvil

upload_2017-1-6_18-41-21.png
Grand Master Ninja Gear
can be crafted with Yoyo Glove + White String + Tabi + Black Belt + 250 Shuriken. It gives the combined effects of the accessory materials +15% throw dmg @ Tinkerer's Workshop

Thanks to: @jopojelly, @GabeHasWon, and the guys that helped me with the mod on discord.

BIG THANKS to @leqesai ai for the gifted terraria steam version which allows to keep the mods updated.

How to install:

Download from mod browser or if you have downloaded it from the attachment below unzip the tmod file

put it inside the Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods

open tmodloader terraria and enable the mod on the mods menu.

Remember to press the reload mods button and enjoy.

Changelog:
v1.1.0 Adjusted behavior and balanced stats for Cascade, Yelets & Hel-Fire
v1.0.1 Changed behavior of Code 2 Yoyo to balance it's damage potential.
v1.0 Release

DOWNLOAD BELOW OR IN MOD BROWSER

Attachments

• Yoyos2 v1.1.4.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Yoyos2 TML 10.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,368
Last edited:
I feel like I'm going to really love this mod. Can't wait to try it out, since for me yoyos were cool at the start, then kindof stopped being great.

This mod is a lot of fun to play, giving new interesting and unique benefits to using these specific yoyos.

Although, it makes some of these weapons far more OP than they should be (like those that leave a trail of powerful trap-spikes on the ground).

This mod is a lot of fun to play, giving new interesting and unique benefits to using these specific yoyos.

Although, it makes some of these weapons far more OP than they should be (like those that leave a trail of powerful trap-spikes on the ground).

Only code 2 yoyo does that but I wasn't aware that the spiky balls remained on the floor forever unless triggered by an enemy. I've change it so they only spawn when hitting enemies so you cannot set all the floor full of spikes.

If you notice other things that seem unbalanced let me know.

Update V1.0.1

Changed Code2 Yoyo behavior to balance it's damage potential.

Download on first post or tmodloader

I think you should change the sprite of what fired from Valor and The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo (like use the sprite of book of skulls' projectile for valor and the wandering eye for the EoC yoyo)

I think you should change the sprite of what fired from Valor and The Eye of Cthulhu yoyo (like use the sprite of book of skulls' projectile for valor and the wandering eye for the EoC yoyo)

I can try the wondering eye for the EOC but I cant use the book of skulls projectile. That was my intention at first but the projectile homes into players not enemies when used so it was unusable. The skull is the same though but the effects are not. I thought It looked ok. If more people dislike the projectile I'll try to recreate the book of skulls more accurately (it requires a lot of trial and error or experience for the fire thingy to be in place and trail just right).

...does that really say 100 Souls of Might/Sight? Or is it supposed to be 10 of each?

it's 100 you'll get the amount defeating the boss 4 to 6 times (think of it as a 25% to 17% guaranteed drop chance). It's a really nice yoyo has less damage than the EOC but the projectile the valk and Red yoyo use might be more useful than the EOC for large groups of enemies.

Do you think that the scourge's projectile is fit for the artery? I think vampire knives projectile will fit more, I think.

Do you think that the scourge's projectile is fit for the artery? I think vampire knives projectile will fit more, I think.
The vamp knives proj would fit more but the way it behaves and the fact that it heals will make it either very underwhelming (if the damage is well adjusted to compensate) or very op (if the damage is good and with more tan 1 knife but it also heals) IMO. If you have other ideas for the projectiles that fit more into that tier and concept let me know. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
The vamp knives proj would fit more but the way it behaves and the fact that it heals will make it either very underwhelming (if the damage is well adjusted to compensate) or very op (if the damage is good and with more tan 1 knife but it also heals) IMO. If you have other ideas for the projectiles that fit more into that tier and concept let me know. Thanks for the feedback.
You're right, that's seem abit too OP. Btw, here's some suggestion. You're remember the last update which I told you to use wandering eyes proj instead of the old one?
Welll, I think that we might need changes. If it's possible, you should change the eyes into minispaz (twin minion) but recoded it so it can have the ability of the minispaz minion itself but last for short time (like about 3-4 sec). And youmay want to give cascade a bit more power, like adding features for it to fireball. And the yelets? I think you make want to use thestaff of earth proj since it's fit better (the yelets look like a rock).

The thing that spawns from the yoyo cant be a proj and a minion at the same time if I were to make it a minion that lasted only a few seconds the damage would be calculated by minion damage not the damage of the yoyo which would be counter intuitive also I prefer thematically how it's now.

I've adjusted the cascade damage and radius for the fire damaging particles because it was underpowered compared to the other yoyos that had similar base dmg y also adjusted the yelets projectile dmg for the same reason but I want to keep that projectile I dont think the behavior of the earth projectile is as beneficial and thematically I wanted it to be associated with planterra rather than golem because it's obtained by killing jungle monsters at the time you are supposed to fight planterra. Also while testing noticed that Hel-fire was also not in line so i buffed it a bit.

New Version Available v1.1.0

Download on first post or Mod Browser

The thing that spawns from the yoyo cant be a proj and a minion at the same time if I were to make it a minion that lasted only a few seconds the damage would be calculated by minion damage not the damage of the yoyo which would be counter intuitive also I prefer thematically how it's now.

I've adjusted the cascade damage and radius for the fire damaging particles because it was underpowered compared to the other yoyos that had similar base dmg y also adjusted the yelets projectile dmg for the same reason but I want to keep that projectile I dont think the behavior of the earth projectile is as beneficial and thematically I wanted it to be associated with planterra rather than golem because it's obtained by killing jungle monsters at the time you are supposed to fight planterra. Also while testing noticed that Hel-fire was also not in line so i buffed it a bit.

New Version Available v1.1.0

Download on first post or Mod Browser
Well, thanks for your reply. I don't know if it is possible to create minion for weapon like that, but you can ask the dev of Thorium because one of the weapon of them do that was the Sacrificial Knife (even though it deal summon dmg). Also, I think you're right abt the yelets. Keep continue what you are and planned for this mod, I will keep the support for you.

I love this mod a lot, it's making my modded yoyo so fun. But I have a little problem with the amazon. It's 'power' is to shoot stingers but it only shoots to the bottom right. I don't know if it's a bug on the mod or if it's intended like that. Making it shoot in random directions would be a little better, I think

I love this mod a lot, it's making my modded yoyo so fun. But I have a little problem with the amazon. It's 'power' is to shoot stingers but it only shoots to the bottom right. I don't know if it's a bug on the mod or if it's intended like that. Making it shoot in random directions would be a little better, I think

It's intended so you can aim it. Some yoyos were designed to be better at focusing 1 target and others to deal with groups of enemies.

~~ New Version 1.1.2 is Out ~~

Mod was Updated to fix the issue causing the yoyos that were supposed to drop to not do it.

Back
Top Bottom