Weapons & Equip Yoyos Need More Ablilitys (Every yoyo with a unique ability)

likey, likey?

• Yeah

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No, I well tell you why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SimeaseKitten

Duke Fishron
Everyone has to agree with me on this one. The Terrarian is the only yoyo that does something interesting (not counting the ones that inflict debuffs). Doing a yoyo playthrough is fun but the yoyos need to be better and more satisfing to use. The wooden yoyo and the ralley obviously won't have a good effect as they are the first two yoyos you earn.
Malaise.png
Shoots vile spit at the closest enemy every one second, the projectile damage is reduced by 10% though of its base damage

Artery.png
50% chance to confuse the opponent

Amazon.png
Shoots a stinger at the closest enemy that has a 50/50 chance to poison, the yoyo it self also inflicts poison 100%
Code_1.png
A counterweight on a string circles around the code as it circles/orbit around as it spins in a circle, when the counterweight circling around the code hits a enemy it flips directions and go a different way (length it is a part is 2 tiles)

Valor.png
Throws piercing bone (up to three hits before disappearing) in random directions as it throws one every 0.5 second
Cascade.png
2 Eaters come out the yoyo and latch on closes enemys (they can't burn the enemy as the yoyo it self can only do it) (eaters hit for 20 base damage)

Format_C.png
May confuse, burn, or poison the enemy (50%)
Gradient.png
When hitting a enemy, a sound wave appears that goes 5 tiles in the direction of the closest enemy and has insane knock back

Chik.png
Shoots out cysatals that look like cystal bullets that split into many shard open inpact as it targets closest enemy and shoots every 0.75 second

Hel-Fire.png
After 7 successful hits (resets if yoyo is brought back), it does a blast that knocks the yoyo back and does 100 damage (goes 7 tiles in all direction and has same texture of daybreak hitting a enemy)

Amarok.png
Has a chance (50%) to inflict chill as well as shooting ice shards in every direction (do not pierce) every 0.25 second as each ice shard does a base damage of 45 damage as they as well has a 50% chance to inflict chill

Code_2.png
Same ability as code 1 but another counterweight is attached that reaches 3 tiles
Yelets.png
Neetlebursrt projectiles hit at the closest enemy, will target enemy if a wall separates them,(same projectile that neetlebursrt shoots)

Red%27s_Throw.png
Inflicts Midas, Frostburn, On Fire!, and Cursed Inferno

Valkyrie_Yoyo.png
After 2 seconds of holding it in the air, gives a 5% resistance boost. Goes up to 10% if you hold it for 6 seconds or more.

Kraken.png
If the Kraken or player is in the water, gets a 1.1 damage boost and allows the yoyo and string to move faster.

The_Eye_of_Cthulhu.png
If the player has less than 50% of their health, this yoyo deals an extra 20 damage, but the string is shorter.

Plz Comment if you disagree or thing something needs to be added but before you do, PLZ READ THE WHOLE PART YOU ARE COMMENTING ABOUT, anyway, hope you like it and thanks for taking time out your day to read this!
THANKS Parsey for idea of Valkeryie, Kraken, and Eye of Cthuthlu
THANKS to anyone who has said a opinion/fact about this.

Last edited:
Valkyrie : After 2 seconds of holding it in the air, gives a 5% resistance boost. Goes up to 10% if you hold it for 6 seconds or more.
Kraken : If the Kraken or player is in the water, gets a 1.1 damage boost and allows the yoyo and string to move faster.
Eye of Cthulhu : If the player has less than 50% of their health, this yoyo deals an extra 20 damage, but the string is shorter.

Valkyrie : After 2 seconds of holding it in the air, gives a 5% resistance boost. Goes up to 10% if you hold it for 6 seconds or more.
Kraken : If the Kraken or player is in the water, gets a 1.1 damage boost and allows the yoyo and string to move faster.
Eye of Cthulhu : If the player has less than 50% of their health, this yoyo deals an extra 20 damage, but the string is shorter.
Maybe a little better as these are kinda weak for late game yoyos

Anything above a 10% damage reduction could be pretty overpowered, 1.1 damage boost is big considering moving the yoyo faster allows to get much more hits, and extra 20 damage goes with the fact Yo Yos hit fast.

I'm a bit doubtful about this.

On the first side, Yoyo's are one of the most boring melee weapons to us as a whole class. They're unique and awesome on their own, but every yoyo are the same with a longer string, even spears and boomerangs have more variation than yoyo's. So I have to agree that I want to see variation.

On the other side, Yoyo's are one of the most useful melee weapons too. allowing you to hit enemies at a distant, and even behind a wall, or almost fully covered. yoyo's became basically a short range form of the magic missile. having a magic missile with even bonus abilities sounds rather too much for me.

At the moment, I'm rather two-sided about this.

Last edited:
the artery, format c, eye of chuthulu, kraken, and reds throw seems kinda lack-luster because they don't shoot projectiles. they don't have special abilities even though thts the name of this thread. also the code 1 an 2 seem broing because they have the ability that is already in the game (with the yoyo bag) other than that, great idea! I actually thought yoyos needed tweaking myself

the artery, format c, eye of chuthulu, kraken, and reds throw seems kinda lack-luster because they don't shoot projectiles. they don't have special abilities even though thts the name of this thread. also the code 1 an 2 seem broing because they have the ability that is already in the game (with the yoyo bag) other than that, great idea! I actually thought yoyos needed tweaking myself

First, let's keep in mind powersteefs post, as these ware one of the best weapons and also read other post before saying anything. The artery ressambles the brain of chtlulu expert mode warring drop. The format C will inflict all the debuffs at the same time. The code 1 and 2 reseambles counterweights in real yoyoing as counterweights should be attached to the yoyo as it is for the code. Also I said it circles AROUND THE YOYO, yeah. Also the EoC yoyo, Kracken, and Reds yoyo is also suggestions from Parsey so plz read the WHOLE thread before complaining. If you have any ideas on some yoyos, just saying in the thread

First, let's keep in mind powersteefs post, as these ware one of the best weapons and also read other post before saying anything. The artery ressambles the brain of chtlulu expert mode warring drop. The format C will inflict all the debuffs at the same time. The code 1 and 2 reseambles counterweights in real yoyoing as counterweights should be attached to the yoyo as it is for the code. Also I said it circles AROUND THE YOYO, yeah. Also the EoC yoyo, Kracken, and Reds yoyo is also suggestions from Parsey so plz read the WHOLE thread before complaining. If you have any ideas on some yoyos, just saying in the thread
the yoyo from the yoyo glove/bag also orbits around the main yoyo
it isn't connected to the yoyo it's self though so you got that

Correct but keep in mind the extra counterweight (sry i will change it from yoyo to extra counter weight in a bit) is circling (and will flip direction if it hits a monster) around the yoyo its self at (gonna put measurement of rate it moves at (I feel like game theorist when I do the measurements!)) so yeah, I might have confused you with putting yoyo instead of counter weight

Malaise
Stack_digit_1.png

Statistics
Type
Weapon
Damage 16 (Melee)
Knockback
4.5 (Average)
Critical chance
4%
Use time 24 (Fast)
Velocity
Rarity
Sell
Gold_Coin.png

Internal Item ID: 3279
The base damage is 16, and 10% is like barely enough to handle anything. I really need an example if you want me to decrease more lower. Also the fact you get this in the Corruption worlds is very useful for taking on the Eater of Worlds as he is really hard already using a yoyo.

Correct but keep in mind the extra counterweight (sry i will change it from yoyo to extra counter weight in a bit) is circling (and will flip direction if it hits a monster) around the yoyo its self at (gonna put measurement of rate it moves at (I feel like game theorist when I do the measurements!)) so yeah, I might have confused you with putting yoyo instead of counter weight
You should probably quote their comment or tag them. @MinerTurtle45

I think that the cascade should shoot projectiles similar to the fire projectiles made by molotov cocktails, or possibly the burning spheres made by fire imps.. I can't really see why (I'm assuming corruption) eaters would come out of a yoyo from hell itself.

I think that the cascade should shoot projectiles similar to the fire projectiles made by molotov cocktails, or possibly the burning spheres made by fire imps.. I can't really see why (I'm assuming corruption) eaters would come out of a yoyo from hell itself.

Sorry, meant leeches from the wall of the flesh:D

Back
Top Bottom