Zenith makes all other weapons obsolete

Atreedee

Terrarian
Especially with all menacing damage increasing equipment, it shreds any boss in seconds, even in master mode and it goes through walls as well.

I find absolutely no reason to use another weapon (except the sniper rifle in PVP because of the zoom). I was ranger for life before zenith.

Don't you think we need other non melee alternatives? Like a ranged weapon that combines every grenade launcher and gun into one weapon that shoots bullets and missiles at the same time.

Especially with all menacing damage increasing equipment, it shreds any boss in seconds, even in master mode and it goes through walls as well.

I find absolutely no reason to use another weapon (except the sniper rifle in PVP because of the zoom). I was ranger for life before zenith.

Don't you think we need other non melee alternatives? Like a ranged weapon that combines every grenade launcher and gun into one weapon that shoots bullets and missiles at the same time.
I get what you are saying, but the zenith is endgame soo... but yeah the other classes need their own zenith type weapon, including mages, although they have the last prism, it still isn't quite like a zenith type weapon(by that i mean combining loads of weapons to craft it)
That’s the point????? Of zenith????? To be ridiculously overpowered???
EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT

I think you guys miss my point. I have no problem with how overpowered it is. All I am saying that it makes other weapons pointless as soon as you get it.
[/QUOTE]

The entire design of zenith is the fact that it is the penultimate weapon. The literal combination of the entire journey of melee into a weapon. Why would it be designed to be equal to other weapons In that class? Other classes arguably have their “zeniths”

melee-zenith
summoner-terraprisma
ranged- SDMG with luminite or celebration mk2
magic-last prism

The point of Zenith is that it is *the end* of progression. It’s entire point is to be the ultimate weapon, the one with more power than anything else.

Zenith is technically a tier higher than Moon Lord drops - you usually have to kill Moon Lord more for Zenith than any other ML drop, as well as gathering the plethora of materials over the entire course of the game. By that logic alone, Zenith deserves to be the strongest.

It doesn’t make other weapons obsolete either - you get it last. That’s it. All other weapons come before it, and are used in the process of getting to Zenith. Moon Lord’s drops still have their utility - killing more Moon Lords and anythinf else you still need, allowing you to complete the process of making Zenith. They aren’t obsolete. Besides, other weapons still have their niches:
-Celebration MK2 has similar area DPS to Zenith when you’re in stealth mode, and acts as an ultimate mining tool.
-Last Prism and SDMG have much higher effective range.
-Terraprisma can be used in conjuction with Zenith in either melee or minion focused builds.

I wouldn’t turn down the idea of other class equivalents for Zenith, but Zenith itself is fine. A lot of people seem to miss the fact that it’s literally meant to be the grand end to everything and is meant to outclass everything else.

I don’t like the zenith at all because it chokes out variety and makes the endgame boring. Endgame used to be at least somewhat interesting because you had over a dozen potential weapons you could use. Now it’s just “use this unless you’re too lazy to make it lol”

I don’t like the zenith at all because it chokes out variety and makes the endgame boring. Endgame used to be at least somewhat interesting because you had over a dozen potential weapons you could use. Now it’s just “use this unless you’re too lazy to make it lol”
Zenith is a the weapon equivalent of Godmode: there is nothing Post-ML for you to do, except messing around and maybe making the ultimate Armors. You can still use the other weapons if you like, since Zenith is not meant to be a weapon that fits in a balanced tier whatsoever, it's the game telling you: "hey, you've defeated ML multiple times, here, take this as a reward!".

You're suggesting Zenith-like weapons? If yes, then we need a description. Also, the name doesn't really fit with how Zenith's named, so I suggest to instead call them: Singularity for the Mage weapon, Apex for the ranged one and Utopia for the Summon.
the giga shark would be the fastest gun in the game, faster then the rapid reforged chain gun, with a whopping 290 damage per bullet. it also comes with the function of only needing 1 of 1 ammo and it has a 100% chance to not consume ammo. the post prism would be the last prism but with a huge damage boost less mana consumption and instead of 1 beam it creates a prism shaped area and beams shoot from all around that. staff of the gods would work like a weaker less minion consuming galaxy transmogrifies thingy close to Scal in calamity but would let you have many of them. all of these would have a zenith like crafting tree

I very much agree, after obtaining zenith, I always feel ling playing any other class or using any other weapon is underpowered and not worth it

Well that's your opinion, but Zenith isn't meant to be a melee-only weapon, but an Ultimate weapon to kill stuff with, because you've already defeated the Final Boss, so why waste time killing some rando monster?
im just saying. lets say its intended to be. a melee only weapon. if you do a brawl with every class with the best items, there's a 99.99 chance melee's gonna win

im just saying. lets say its intended to be. a melee only weapon. if you do a brawl with every class with the best items, there's a 99.99 chance melee's gonna win
I'd say that other classes have a decent chance to win, since Zenith only extends up to screen's widht, meanwhile the other classes's endgame weapons have bigger range. So I'd say that it's more of a 40% chance

Well that's your opinion, but Zenith isn't meant to be a melee-only weapon, but an Ultimate weapon to kill stuff with, because you've already defeated the Final Boss, so why waste time killing some rando monster?
Because it was fine when we had 17 different endgame options instead of just one. We already had endgame god mode, and now most of them are useless.

Back
Top Bottom