icon.png

Zenith Pickaxe Mod
This mod adds five pickaxes to the game:
  • Jungle Pickaxe
  • Midnight Pickaxe
  • Terra Pickaxe
  • Zenith Pickaxe
  • True Zenith Pickaxe
The Terra Pickaxe, Zenith Pickaxe, and True Zenith Pickaxe have special abilities when using right-click. Additionally, the True Zenith Pickaxe can switch between slow, medium, and fast speed modes using middle click. Fast mode will allow the pickaxe to mine much faster and increase player movement speed while mining. The True Zenith Pickaxe can use True Zenith Mode (where pickaxes are thrown similarly to the Zenith) by using right-click when speed is set to fast.

None of these pickaxes are intended to be weapons, so don't expect much as far as DPS goes.

Pickaxe NamePickaxe PowerUse Time (Tool Speed)Right-click speed
Shroomite Digging Claws (vanilla)200%4
Jungle Pickaxe80%11
Midnight Pickaxe105%12
Terra Pickaxe205%6~23 blocks/sec
Zenith Pickaxe230%**1***~240 blocks/sec
True Zenith Pickaxe300%****4*** (slow) / 1 (med) / 0.2 (fast)~150 blocks/sec (slow) / ~300 blocks/sec (med) / 2000+ blocks/sec (fast)
* Despite having a higher/slower use time than the Jungle Pickaxe, the Midnight Pickaxe is still faster due to its higher pickaxe power, which allows it to break blocks with fewer hits.
** Pickaxe power is 230%, but damage per hit is 690%. Most blocks should take only one hit to break.
*** Zenith Pickaxe and True Zenith Pickaxe mining speed are not in any way affected by modifiers, armor, accessories, buffs, etc.
**** Pickaxe power is displayed as 300%, but the True Zenith Pickaxe bypasses pickaxe power and mines any block that can be destroyed. If any other mod adds pickaxes with more than 230% pickaxe power, the True Zenith Pickaxe will require the most powerful pickaxe added by other mods (up to 300% pickaxe power) in its recipe. Pickaxes with at least 500% pickaxe power or 1000 damage will not activate this requirement, but may be used (assuming sufficient pickaxe power, in the case of pickaxes with at least 1000 damage) if the requirement is activated by other pickaxes.

Latest Update - v1.2.5 (2021-02-18)

v1.2.5 (2021-02-18)
- Updated Midnight Pickaxe and Jungle Pickaxe sprites
- True Zenith Pickaxe slow mode is now faster when smart cursor is enabled and slower when smart cursor is disabled
- Projectiles and shaders now render correctly when both game zoom and UI zoom are above 100%
- Minor tweak to shaders

v1.2.4 (2021-02-16)
- True Zenith Pickaxe recipe requirements updated:
> All modded pickaxes are searched to find the highest pickaxe power (limited to 300%)
> If highest (limited) power is above 230%, at least one pickaxe with at least the highest (limited) power is required to craft the True Zenith Pickaxe
> Pickaxes with at least 500% power or 1000 damage do not activate the requirement, but may be used if the requirement is active
> Pickaxes with at least 1000 damage may only be used if they also satisfy the pickaxe power requirement
- Added a slow mode to the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Shaders are now visible while the game is paused
- Tweaked shaders
- Optimized netcode

v1.2.3.1 (2021-02-15)
- Fixed shader going in wrong direction while in reversed gravity

v1.2.3 (2021-02-15)
- True Zenith Pickaxe now requires a stronger pickaxe (up to 300% pickaxe power) to craft if one exists in another mod and can be crafted itself
- Lowered Luminite Bar requirement for True Zenith Pickaxe from 200 to 100
- Reduced pickaxe power of Zenith Pickaxe to 230%
- Updated motion of True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles
- Reduced damage of Zenith Pickaxe and True Zenith Pickaxe
- True Zenith Pickaxe now appears smaller in projectile
- Updated shaders
- Updated dusts

v1.2.2 (2021-02-14)
- Slightly buffed True Zenith Pickaxe Fast Mode
- Removed unused textures

v1.2.1 (2021-02-14)
- Fixed invisible True Zenith Pickaxe projectile bug (should now show Jungle Pickaxe)

v1.2.0 (2021-02-13)
- Added Terraria Community Forums homepage
- Added the Jungle Pickaxe, Midnight Pickaxe, and Terra Pickaxe
- Added shaders and a new configuation option
- Improved custom smart cursor logic
- Zenith Pickaxe now respects pickaxe power (True Zenith Pickaxe can still mine blocks above its pickaxe power)
- Tweaked motion of True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles
- Slightly reduced damage of True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles
- Updated Fast Mode UI
- Improved multiplayer support (hopefully)
- Fixed slight stuttering when using non-fast right-click on the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Fixed bugs related to autopause
- Removed accidental debug text
- Updated dusts

v1.1.2 (2021-02-09)
- True Zenith Pickaxe Fast Mode has a new indicator
- Updated sprites
- Removed duplicate textures
- True Zenith Pickaxe now appears bigger
- Replaced the 8 Zenith Pickaxe recipes with one that uses recipe groups
- Can now interact with NPCs while holding the modded pickaxes
- Modded pickaxes now work correctly when the game is zoomed in
- Minor improvements to multiplayer support

v1.1.1 (2021-02-06)
- Further improved custom smart cursor logic
- Disabled smart cursor visual while in True Zenith Mode

v1.1.0 (2021-02-05)
- True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now rotate in a random direction
- True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now move faster
- The True Zenith Pickaxe fires projectiles slightly faster
- True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now break tiles in a slightly large, more circular shape
- True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now create dust (still no shaders)
- True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now deal less damage
- Improved custom smart cursor logic
- Speed bonuses no longer stack
- Can no longer mine while Stoned
- Increased the sell price of the True Zenith Pickaxe to 60 gold
- Made minor improvements to multiplayer support

v1.0.6.1 (2021-01-31)
- Fixed tooltip typo

v1.0.6 (2021-01-31)
- Removed the Precise Mode message when entering a world
- Renamed Precise Mode (enabled) to Fast Mode (disabled)
- Right-click now works when Fast Mode is disabled
- Dusts are now created properly
- Increased the range of True Zenith Mode
- The Zenith Pickaxe no longer changes the player's direction

v1.0.5 (2021-01-30)
- Removed obvious tooltip about Smart Cursor
- Direction of True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles now changes based on throwing direction

v1.0.4 (2021-01-30)
- Made a minor update to the True Zenith Pickaxe sprite
- Fixed bug with faster movement after loading a world

v1.0.3 (2021-01-30)
- Fixed smart select not working
- Fixed smart cursor not displaying properly
- Added precise mode to the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Updated sprites

v1.0.2 (2021-01-30)
- Fixed pickaxe power tooltips
- Partially fixed smart select not working
- The True Zenith Pickaxe is slightly faster now

v1.0.1 (2021-01-29)
- Tweaked the movement of the True Zenith Pickaxe projectiles

v1.0.0 (2021-01-29)
- Added preliminary multiplayer support
- The True Zenith Pickaxe has a new right-click mode
- The True Zenith Pickaxe now requires 200 Luminite Bars to craft
- Both pickaxes are now faster

v0.2.1 (2021-01-21)
- Both pickaxes now always ignore pickaxe power
- Both pickaxes can now cut down trees without right-click mode, but smart cursor will still ignore trees
- The True Zenith Pickaxe's smart cursor mode is now slightly faster
- The Zenith Pickaxe's right-click mode now has a longer range

v0.2.0 (2021-01-21)
- Removed axe functionality
- Renamed the Zenith Pickaxe to the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Introduced a weaker Zenith Pickaxe
- Added a new crafting recipe for the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Increased the range of the True Zenith Pickaxe
- Regular mining with smart cursor is now much faster
- Increased the sell prices beyond the original sell price

v0.1.0.1 (2021-01-20)
- Linked to GitHub

v0.1.0 (2021-01-20)
- Initial release

Download
github.com/RandomComputerUser/ZenithPickaxe/releases
or search "Zenith Pickaxe" in the Mod Browser

Last edited:
I added a new projectile type with custom elliptical motion and custom Zenith-like shaders. It only took about 10 minutes to implement the motion, but a couple of days to write and debug the shader (I've never written shaders before).

It would be very cool to see other zenith weapons with your touch added. I'd love to see a Zenith Sword added to the current version of Terraria.

The zenith sword os in the current version?

no...
Read what I wrote again.
I am saying it would be cool for this guy to add a Zenith Sword (not THE Zenith Sword) to the current version of Terraria.

It would be cool to see a Zenith Sword added that uses swords from mods as well as the original game, as well.

I added a new projectile type with custom elliptical motion and custom Zenith-like shaders. It only took about 10 minutes to implement the motion, but a couple of days to write and debug the shader (I've never written shaders before).
I find it hilarious some random guy out of nowhere managed to do what alot of the respected modders in TML have failed to do for years in only a few days

Still thou, it's the closest we got to a vanilla like zenith and I'm happy with that

Really neat trick involving that shader, I never would have thought of achieving that effect that way, congrats on not just plucking 1.4's code!

How do you change the cursor whilst holding the item? I am not so sure how to do it and I've done research but found nothing. The only mod that I know and use that changes the cursor texture while holding an item is this one.

I think that the respected modders tried to take the effects directly from the files, while ours just recreated it.
-It's a known fact that most well-known modders are not the best coders even thou many of them started pretty early on. Content mod creators are usually the least skilled as it requires a degree of skill to make a QoL mod that isn't required for expansions. And also, why improve something when your content to keep what you got

-If you want the best, you should look at Quality of Life mods or people who are listed across several up-coming AAA mods. (some of the above modders get help from these guys to update their mod with modern standards, these guys technically can fall into the next category)

-There's alot of hidden talent out there too, such as people who pretty much constantly experiment but hadn't finished anything (or much) they can release, this is something most of us have experienced and the reason I myself don't have much to show. (they often float around as contributors who jump from project to project and refuse to stay chained down, however this also often leads up to them not finishing anything of their own and usually just being part of several larger wholes; many of Terraria's most skilled modders fall into this category)

I'm reviving the living :red: outta this thread, but this guy gotta make the honors, do the zenith thingy

Back
Top Bottom