PS4 Zoom not working on split screen (PS4)

Anthonyr475

Terrarian
Hi, I play this game with my nephew on co-op using split screen with two accounts. After the last update though (1.05). The zoom feature is not working on the secondary account. This wouldn't be a problem. But, the default camera position is extremely zoomed out. So, you can barely see anything close up and makes the game virtually impossible to play.

Any solution to this or plans on fixing it?

Last edited:
Hey there,

the game is not so big, maby it could be helpful to uninstall it and install and update it again? Try it, it takes only a few min ;)

Greetings Haradis

Hey there. I am also having this issue. My bf and I are on the road and have (very) limited access to internet. Can't freely uninstall and reinstall the game and updates.

We ruled out any sort of controller malfunction, and the issue only happens with the second player. Changed video resolution, reset the game, controllers and the ps4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, i have the same Problem, i can't zoom in or out anymore, do not tested it with split screen, but i can't zoom when i am playing alone.
Reinstalled the whole game, deleted all Saves, nothing helped me. Switched PSN account, same Problem. Game is unplayable for me now because its max zoomed out....

Last edited:
Hey there,

the game is not so big, maby it could be helpful to uninstall it and install and update it again? Try it, it takes only a few min ;)

Greetings Haradis

I've reinstalled it three times with no luck. Tried playing different characters, worlds and swapping controllers too. Nothing changes. The second screen (bottom screen) still does not zoom in and out. Which it did before the update.

ok, maybe somethings really wrong with the update, hope 505 Games will see this, i will try split screen later. Have this issue when im playing alone. Can you zoom in and out if youre solo on the screen? Yesterday watched some twitch and the people can zoom normally on ps4 =(

EDIT: I wrote an email to 505 Games and posted the Bug via Mail to the Developers, hope this will help.

Last edited:
To Vanyschnucki

Yes, my singer player screen works fine. I'm able to zoom in and out without any problems. I also wrote a bug report. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Hi, Just wanted to include I'm having this issue as well. Can't zoom in split screen from the second player regardless of controller or profile.

Same problem here, second player cannot zoom in. This is the 3rd thread I have posted it in and still no help. Me and my wife cannot play together. Extremely disappointed. I have supported this game since launch on all platforms and I feel like i am being bummed without lube. Shocking.

Hi Guys,
This is definitely an issue with the latest patch.
It seems to only affect the second (or Red) profile that's logged into the PS4.

I figured out a workaround though...
(Hopefully it works for you guys too)

Log out all users.
Start Terraria, load your world, and use P1 and P3, and both will be able to zoom.

ps. I hope 505 update this bug soon, but at least I can play with my son again now...

Hi Guys,

Log out all users.
Start Terraria, load your world, and use P1 and P3, and both will be able to zoom.

ps. I hope 505 update this bug soon, but at least I can play with my son again now...
Awwwwww man, I wish I had 3 pads now.

Hi Guys,

Log out all users.

Sorry for the double post...

This works! You can do it with 2 controllers as well! Thank you so very much! Happy wife, happy life :D

Does not work for me, because i got this bug on single player and on split screen mode, on both screens, nobody can Zoom whether I use Player one or Player Two.. dunno what to do, hope they will fix it soon =(

Last edited:
Does not work for me, because i got this bug on single player and on split screen mode, on both screens, nobody can Zoom whether I use Player one or Player Two.. dunno what to do, hope they will fix it soon =(

I got the Same Problem, it is no fun to play like this

Hi Guys,

Log out all users.

This works. Thank you very much. My nephew is happy again :happy:.

Neither can I ... I used to play with my daughter during the weekends. Since 1.05 for PS4, we have to play another thing. And there is no answer from the developers. Quite impressive! :(

Back
Top Bottom