Single Thread RP The Van (Redux)

Should I unveil the secrets of The Van and make it into a public thread so that it may continue?

• Yes, usher in a new era of The Van, and let the world join in it’s glory.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, let The Van live on as nothing more than a pleasant memory.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Niyr intentionally spreads his wings and stands taller, before walking directly towards the empress.
"You have taken a great risk bringing otherworldly trespassers directly to yourself. I would hope this is not something you do often. Or is there perhaps a deeper illusion st play?"
Cue Niyr attempting to both mind read and check for magic.

Niyr intentionally spreads his wings and stands taller, before walking directly towards the empress.
"You have taken a great risk bringing otherworldly trespassers directly to yourself. I would hope this is not something you do often. Or is there perhaps a deeper illusion st play?"
Cue Niyr attempting to both mind read and check for magic.
In terms of power, she is absolutely radiant with it, definitely warranting the sort of reverence she’s receiving. It’s odd that she chooses to contain all of that energy in such a simple form..

And her thoughts are simply of curiosity and a bit of mild humor.

“I don’t exactly find people like you all that often, and I wouldn’t have known of your arrival if not for it being brought to my attention by the diviners..”

She casually turns her head to look at a few heavily robed individuals bearing blue eye insignias upon the chest region of the robes. Their ears and tails seem to be hidden amidst the vast robes.

“I was also told that an attempt on my life would be made…”

The existing guards slowly rise to their feet, brandishing weapons as a small militia rushes into the room behind them, surrounding the group fully, several troops thick.

The driver looks at Niyr.

“Well.. now do something productive and get us out of this maybe..?”

In terms of power, she is absolutely radiant with it, definitely warranting the sort of reverence she’s receiving. It’s odd that she chooses to contain all of that energy in such a simple form..

“I don’t exactly find people like you all that often, and I wouldn’t have known of your arrival if not for it being brought to my attention by the diviners..”

She casually turns her head to look at a few heavily robed individuals bearing blue eye insignias upon the chest region of the robes. Their ears and tails seem to be hidden amidst the vast robes.

The existing guards slowly rise to their feet, brandishing weapons as a small militia rushes into the room behind them, surrounding the group fully, several troops thick.

Wiffle just floats back a bit, concerned, while Vinessa...huffs, looking around herself cautiously.

Banana just stands up to look around at the guards, and then at Niyr.

The crab, still in the driver's seat, happily honks the horn a few times. Judging by the second delay, the Decepticon clearly has control over if it makes noise, and is choosing to rather than anger the crab.

Niyr smiles, then turns to look at the driver.
"...I believe we simply need to wait if I am correct."
Niyr then turns back to face the empress, and does a slight bow, more in the sense of a polite greeting of a peer than one of reverence however.
"I do not suppose Arch-Admiral Vell is here? If I am correct, he is of your species, and I imagine this is the sole planet you reside on."

"Come on now, lower your weapons, I don't want unnecessary bloodshed"
X-002 would then open a compartment in his left leg, pulling out a metal stick that extends and turns into a glave.

"This wasn't what I planned to do today, but I'll just have to roll with it," Rain mutters to herself, keeping an eye on everyone around her.

Niyr smiles, then turns to look at the driver.
"...I believe we simply need to wait if I am correct."
Niyr then turns back to face the empress, and does a slight bow, more in the sense of a polite greeting of a peer than one of reverence however.
"I do not suppose Arch-Admiral Vell is here? If I am correct, he is of your species, and I imagine this is the sole planet you reside on."
She suddenly sits up a bit in her seat upon the mention of Vell.

"And how would you know of his disappearance?"

She draws her lips in tightly as to hide her shock, turning to the robed diviners beside the throne.

"... it is just as they foretold as well. The ones responsible for his disappearance would be present when.."

".. when one of the outsiders makes clear their knowledge."

"You have left me with no choice but to assume, until proven otherwise, that you are the ones responsible for the disappearance of Arch-Admiral Vell, and therefore, are also linked in this plot against my life."

She slowly stands up now, looking down at the room below her.

"And therefore.. you may now speak and tell me where he is, your death following soon after.."

".. or.."

She slowly reaches to her side, a jet black sheathe with a metal lining forming out of thin trails of water that seem to come from her hands.

She slowly grips the handle of the blade, pulling and drawing out a simple, shining silver katana, slowly lowering it to her side.

"You may meet your fate now."

The driver just groans and looks at Niyr, slowly getting to his feet and reaching slowly into his jacket, his metal hand wrapping around a plain revolver, keeping it hidden.

"Dammit Niyr..."

She suddenly sits up a bit in her seat upon the mention of Vell.

"And how would you know of his disappearance?"

She draws her lips in tightly as to hide her shock, turning to the robed diviners beside the throne.

"... it is just as they foretold as well. The ones responsible for his disappearance would be present when.."

".. when one of the outsiders makes clear their knowledge."

"You have left me with no choice but to assume, until proven otherwise, that you are the ones responsible for the disappearance of Arch-Admiral Vell, and therefore, are also linked in this plot against my life."

She slowly stands up now, looking down at the room below her.

"And therefore.. you may now speak and tell me where he is, your death following soon after.."

".. or.."

She slowly reaches to her side, a jet black sheathe with a metal lining forming out of thin trails of water that seem to come from her hands.

She slowly grips the handle of the blade, pulling and drawing out a simple, shining silver katana, slowly lowering it to her side.

"You may meet your fate now."

The driver just groans and looks at Niyr, slowly getting to his feet and reaching slowly into his jacket, his metal hand wrapping around a plain revolver, keeping it hidden.

"Dammit Niyr..."
Niyr simply pushes the driver aside with a wing, not wanting to deal with him right now.
"Yes I do know of his exact location. I can tell you fear me, and hold a great deal of anger and resentment due to Vell's disappearance. I can assure you I am not responsible, I simply... have a rather deep connection with those involved now. Or at least as deep as an alternate reality version of myself knowing of one of many thousands of identical units can be. Now I am certain that, speaking deity to deity, a battle between us would be... rather destructive and distinctly unwise. Now I have been concerned since I arrived here as I was under the impression this planet was already taken and your species wiped out. So us being here at this specific time — particularly with Vell already missing — tells me we can expect invasion to occur at any moment."

Niyr simply pushes the driver aside with a wing, not wanting to deal with him right now.
"Now hold on-.."
"Yes I do know of his exact location. I can tell you fear me, and hold a great deal of anger and resentment due to Vell's disappearance. I can assure you I am not responsible, I simply... have a rather deep connection with those involved now. Or at least as deep as an alternate reality version of myself knowing of one of many thousands of identical units can be. Now I am certain that, speaking deity to deity, a battle between us would be... rather destructive and distinctly unwise. Now I have been concerned since I arrived here as I was under the impression this planet was already taken and your species wiped out. So us being here at this specific time — particularly with Vell already missing — tells me we can expect invasion to occur at any moment."
"An invasion..?"

"This.. wasn't mentioned in the-"

A cyan laser of sorts is fired from within the group at the Empress, hitting her directly in the middle of the chest...

..and simply punching through with a splash of water.. her wound quickly sealing with more water that then morphs back into the shape just shot out of her body.

She stumbles a bit, pointing her blade down into the group, but not saying anything yet..

.. the culprit is gone.

"The assassins have shown their true intent! Let none live!"

And she then falls apart into a puddle of water, vanishing.

The Qayrussian guards raise their weapons, circling in.

Sadly, this should be light work, perhaps it even being possible to show mercy by avoiding outright killing the guards?

The driver wordlessly whips two revolvers from his jacket, firing into two of the legs of the nearest soldiers and then pistol-whipping them both, sending them out cold on the floor.

"Well.. this went to :red: fast.."

"Lets try not to kill any.. ok..?"

Niyr sighs.
"I will be having words with Xal later."
He then turns to the guards, and spreads his wings, and suddenly bright, beautiful runic patterns illuminate on them... swirling, churning, looping, slithering, moving... Shapes within shapes, impossible angles that move and change but the pattern stays the same. It looks as fluid as water yet as solid and static as stone, it's... enthralling. It's enough to make any mortal mind entranced by the shear impossibility of it all, the longer you look the more there is too see... The more it draws you in, the more your vision narrows as the patterns fills it to entirety until the entire room is just the patterns. Flowing, shifting, spiralling, it feels like even your essence is moving with it, you feel yourself drawn, pulled in, taking steps while your body remains motionless... Your mind is burning, thoughtless, as it is impossible to think about such unimaginable, incomprehensible patterns... Each thread of the pattern expands and fills your sight with another complete pattern, layered on impossibly to a depth that cannot be fathomed. It is a current, a tide which begs to wash one away with it, and you are drawn in, your soul begs to leave your faltering, failing mind and drift away with this sea... Your body has not moved yet you have, you have been pulled, the pattern around you, enveloping you, any sight of the room gone as now you are in nothing but a void of pattern, reality a distant memory as you have seen more than you ever could have imagined you would see in multiple lifetimes laid all within this one, singular pattern. You feel yourself grasped onto, pulled along, stretched as if to become another small thread, your entire lifetime joining a tapestry of unknowably many lifetimes... Your body falls limp, lifeless, yet you do not feel it, as you left behind the living long ago... It feels like an eternity yet it took less than a minute, your mind and soul gone nearly the instant it glimpsed the pattern. You feel like a wisp of smoke, blown along in the mind, dissipating into nothing, dislimned into the sea of pattern, and then nothing.
The next thing any guard who saw this pattern would see would be their afterlife.

Niyr sighs.
"I will be having words with Xal later."
He then turns to the guards, and spreads his wings, and suddenly bright, beautiful runic patterns illuminate on them... swirling, churning, looping, slithering, moving... Shapes within shapes, impossible angles that move and change but the pattern stays the same. It looks as fluid as water yet as solid and static as stone, it's... enthralling. It's enough to make any mortal mind entranced by the shear impossibility of it all, the longer you look the more there is too see... The more it draws you in, the more your vision narrows as the patterns fills it to entirety until the entire room is just the patterns. Flowing, shifting, spiralling, it feels like even your essence is moving with it, you feel yourself drawn, pulled in, taking steps while your body remains motionless... Your mind is burning, thoughtless, as it is impossible to think about such unimaginable, incomprehensible patterns... Each thread of the pattern expands and fills your sight with another complete pattern, layered on impossibly to a depth that cannot be fathomed. It is a current, a tide which begs to wash one away with it, and you are drawn in, your soul begs to leave your faltering, failing mind and drift away with this sea... Your body has not moved yet you have, you have been pulled, the pattern around you, enveloping you, any sight of the room gone as now you are in nothing but a void of pattern, reality a distant memory as you have seen more than you ever could have imagined you would see in multiple lifetimes laid all within this one, singular pattern. You feel yourself grasped onto, pulled along, stretched as if to become another small thread, your entire lifetime joining a tapestry of unknowably many lifetimes... Your body falls limp, lifeless, yet you do not feel it, as you left behind the living long ago... It feels like an eternity yet it took less than a minute, your mind and soul gone nearly the instant it glimpsed the pattern. You feel like a wisp of smoke, blown along in the mind, dissipating into nothing, dislimned into the sea of pattern, and then nothing.
The next thing any guard who saw this pattern would see would be their afterlife.
Guards begin to drop in wide groups, nearly a third of them immediately falling.

At that point, they begin yelling for each other to look away.

This means all the guards in the throne-half of the room are all cowering away from Niyr's wings. The guards in the other half hesitantly continue on, weapons raised and war cries echoing throughout the hall.

The driver turns to Niyr, looking down at the two injured guards compared to his several dozen dead guards.

"... so I guess not then."

He just fires outright into the mass of guards, a few dropping, but not necessarily dead.

He then looks at the others to see how they're faring..

Niyr flies up, and looks at the surviving guards.
"You poor creatures... This is the part where you surrender. Lay down your arms, I do not wish to end your lives, but I shall if it must come to that."

The Decepticon turns back into Robot Mode, the crab sitting on their head, turning to a random nearby guard.

"If I may be brutally honest, I have no ill intent towards any of you. However, this crustacean atop my head does, and I am unfortunately made to do as it demands. Understand that I would rather end this peacefully, as fighting is an abject waste of resources for both parties."

It's arm then turns into a rifle, and just shoots them.

The Decepticon turns back into Robot Mode, the crab sitting on their head, turning to a random nearby guard.

"If I may be brutally honest, I have no ill intent towards any of you. However, this crustacean atop my head does, and I am unfortunately made to do as it demands. Understand that I would rather end this peacefully, as fighting is an abject waste of resources for both parties."

It's arm then turns into a rifle, and just shoots them.
Said guard just turns to dust essentially..

The remaining guards begin to shuffle around, now sort of conglomerating into a barrier facing behind where the group had entered, about a third of their ranks either dead or severely wounded.

Niyr flies up, and looks at the surviving guards.
"You poor creatures... This is the part where you surrender. Lay down your arms, I do not wish to end your lives, but I shall if it must come to that."
A murmur emerges from the guards before a single guard in heavier armor carrying a glaive steps forwards, his weapon held loosely at his side, he turns to face the soldiers, thrusting his weapon into the air.

"If we are to fall.. then LET IT BE FOR QAYRUS, AND FOR THE EMPRESS MAELEENE!!!"

The guards echo this chant, including the guard's name.

"FOR ADMIRAL ARVENT, QAYRUS, AND THE EMPRESS!!"

The guards begin to charge as "Admiral Arvent" points his glaive to the group..

They seem empowered almost now, water swirling amidst them, as if they're being bolstered.

Three of the robed diviners seemed to have trickled their way into the forces.. the fourth still waiting calmly by the throne..

"You fools... Your spirit is laudable, yet your actions are misguided and taken in vain. Let this be your prophecy:

As the air stills, the water's calm surface
Reflects moon and stars high above.
A father and daughter dancing,
Their fate coming soon.

As storm breaks, the water's jagged surface
Dark under the clouds high above.
A brother's sister lost.
He comes to serve your fate soon.

As levees break, the water's broken surface
Shattered like the mirror it once was.
A mother holds a memory dear.
For Qayrus exists no more.

And it is thus, I bid thee adieu."
And Niyr vanishes from sight.

Last edited:
"You fools... Your spirit is laudable, yet your actions are misguided and taken in vain. Let this be your prophecy:

As the air stills, the water's calm surface
Reflects moon and stars high above.
A father and daughter dancing,
Their fate coming soon.

As storm breaks, the water's jagged surface
Dark under the clouds high above.
A father's daughter lost.
He comes to serve your fate soon.

As levees break, the water's broken surface
Shattered like the mirror it once was.
A mother holds a memory dear.
For Qayrus exists no more.

And it is thus, I bid thee adieu."
And Niyr vanishes from sight.
The driver looks in a sort of confused shock before firing into the oncoming soldiers, now not really trying to avoid taking any lives, but still trying to show mercy when possible.

The building begins to rumble a bit..

"Haha, well, I guess standing around isn't nearly as fun,"
Rain unsheathes her blade, its surface crackling with electricity. She slices at the weapons of the guards, disarming their forces slowly. Some hits quite literally disarm her targets, but at this point, it seems nobody cares.

Said guard just turns to dust essentially..

The remaining guards begin to shuffle around, now sort of conglomerating into a barrier facing behind where the group had entered, about a third of their ranks either dead or severely wounded.

A murmur emerges from the guards before a single guard in heavier armor carrying a glaive steps forwards, his weapon held loosely at his side, he turns to face the soldiers, thrusting his weapon into the air.

"If we are to fall.. then LET IT BE FOR QAYRUS, AND FOR THE EMPRESS MAELEENE!!!"

The guards echo this chant, including the guard's name.

"FOR ADMIRAL ARVENT, QAYRUS, AND THE EMPRESS!!"

The guards begin to charge as "Admiral Arvent" points his glaive to the group..

They seem empowered almost now, water swirling amidst them, as if they're being bolstered.

Three of the robed diviners seemed to have trickled their way into the forces.. the fourth still waiting calmly by the throne..
"I said I didn't want any unnecessary bloodshed but you are forcing my hand here"
His bionic eyes began to glow red instead of blue as he said that. X-002 would activate the multiple small propulsions jets in his back, rushing forward to Admiral Arvent, splitting in half any soldiers that dared to cross his path with his glaive.

"V, NO LOOKING AT THE DRAGON'S WINGS."
Banana, sword drawn, focuses, screams beginning to be audible from his own sword as he looks around at the ensuing chaos, careful to avoid the sight of Niyr's wings.

Vinessa, meanwhile, did follow Banana's instruction as vines grow into being around her.
"..."

Wiffle, meanwhile, is now just kinda panicking, at least not entirely worried about herself but more losing her mind over the ensuing battle she can do approximately nothing about, as she floats by Banana.

Back
Top Bottom