tAPI NeoMods

Actually, I was just thinking of having one Philosopher's stone be part of the recipe for the lab itself. Historically, I think it was just supposed to be a catylest, it shouldn't get used up. Also, having to actually farm philo stones for potions would be INFURIATING.
I like some of the recipes, but I think they could use tweaking. According to legend, the Philosopher's stone transmuted roughly similar substances into each other, so I think the recipes should use ingredients that are at least in the same category as the result.
For sunplate, I was thinking maybe stone combined with gold/silver or platinum/tungsten.
For rainbow brick, maybe replace the potions with some gems, like 3 of each gem and 100 stone for a stack of 100 rainbow brick.
Dynasty wood could require an assortment of other wood types, for example 100 Dynasty wood could require 25 each of regular, boreal, mahogany, and palm wood.
I like the idea of torches for living fire block, maybe mix them with fallen stars and wooden beams?

Finally, I think another good use for the alchemy lab could be purification of corrupt/crimson/hallow stone and sand back to their natural state.
Oh, woops. I guess I read it wrong lol. Also, I didn't even think about more uses for gems! That makes much more sense!

Are you sure it happens with ANY NeoMods? Because it seems like the main problem is with the Disassembly Station. Maybe you could turn that one mod off and see if there's an error.

I had all of the other mods installed as well and it showed them all up to but as i deleted the mods 1 by 1 it just giving me different mod errors.

I had all of the other mods installed as well and it showed them all up to but as i deleted the mods 1 by 1 it just giving me different mod errors.
Weird... Well, do you have Grox's Base Mod installed? Because in the spoiler "General Acknowledgements", Neo said, "Thank you to Grox for creating the template mod". If you don't have it, download it, activate it, and see if it works. If you have it installed and activated, then sorry dude, I don't know the problem.

Weird... Well, do you have Grox's Base Mod installed? Because in the spoiler "General Acknowledgements", Neo said, "Thank you to Grox for creating the template mod". If you don't have it, download it, activate it, and see if it works. If you have it installed and activated, then sorry dude, I don't know the problem.

Got a link?

I uploaded some new versions of my mods.

Neo Master Crafter
  • Directional Signs now drop their item when destoryed
  • Hammering a directional sign no longer destroys the wall behind
  • Hatches were changed so that a closed hatch now has a height of 1

Neo Draw
  • Added 'Convert' to the Other Tab. Works just like the Clentaminator.

==================================================================================================

-snip-

Also, since you mentioned that it would be fairly simple to make modded switches and torches attach to columns and girders, it occurred to me one thing the mechanical stuff in Terraria could use is a button.
Not a pressure plate or a toggle switch, just a nice, simple red button. Because while toggle switches are fine for lighting, they don't make a lot of sense for activate on press items like teleporters. Besides, a silly device just isn't a silly device without a friendly red button.
Would it be fairly straightforward to just make a 1x1 button? This would have the added benefit of being an example of how to make custom tiles stick to the new columns, so other modders could more easily make tiles in their mods compatible with yours if they wanted to.

Another Edit - There seems to be a Transparency bug in the hatches

View attachment 53355
The transparency issue seems to be because Terraria doesn't draw walls behind solid tiles. So I'm fixing it by making the closed hatch be a 4 x 1 tile now. The open hatch still has a size of 4 x 2 though. If the closed hatch has a tile placed directly beneath it, it won't open. I think the solution made the tile even better. Hopefully.

I'll look into adding the button. Makes me think of the Futurama episode where Fry launches the rocket carrying the ball of trash into space by pressing the red button.
Here are my numbers :
  • Residual Matter : [60-100]
  • Particulate Cloud : [40-60]
  • Matter : [20-40]
  • Gasses : [10-20]
  • Exotic Particles : [5-10]
  • Plasma, assuming it is VERY rare : [1-5]
Rough estimations, since I don't have the % chance of outcomes.

And now, How could I sprite this up... (If you want of course !)
If those numbers are drops you received from Disintegrating stuff, I'd say they look good. Those are pretty close to the numbers I was going for. Here's the table...
ITEM​
|
Rarity -1​
|
Rarity 0​
|
Rarity 1​
|
Rarity 2​
|
Rarity 3​
|
Rarity 4​
|
Rarity 5​
|
Rarity 6​
|
Rarity 7​
|
Rarity 8​
|
Rarity 9​
Nothing|100|33.3|1|0.1|0.01|0|0|0|0|0|0
Residual Matter|0|50.59|57.8|33|12.29|5|0.1|0.01|0|0|0
Particulate Cloud|0|10|25|35.5|35|19|5|0.1|0.01|0|0
Matter|0|5|10|20|35|51|50.4|39.89|20|0.01|0
Gasses|0|1|5|9|14|19|30|40|49.99|25|10
Exotic Particles|0|0.1|1|2|3|5|12|15|20|49.99|40
Plasma|0|0.01|0.2|0.4|0.7|1|2.5|5|10|25|50
I don't have an idea as of yet what the Infuser will look like. If you'd like you're more than welcome to come up with something. I would like it to be 3x3 in size though.
I did notice a bug with the directional arrow signs; when you break them with the pickaxe they vanish instead of falling on the ground. Also, hammering them to change their facing feels a little finicky, you end up also breaking the wall behind them. I'm guessing they're not made to turn on right-click so you don't spin them by accident?
Thanks for the multiple bug finds. Got the Directional Signs to drop an item when destroyed now, and stopped any background walls from being destroyed when hammering the sign. For now I'm sticking with using a hammer to rotate the sign. I would like to make them editable signs eventually and would like a right click to show the text, similar to how the regular signs work. If I don't go through with this though I will probably change them to rotate on right click.
The FCM Extention of the Recipe Mod's not working for me. It crashes if I try to load the mod.
EDIT: I have ShocklahBase and FCM-Base.
This happens to a select few people. If you could please switch to using the Stand-alone Version. I created it just for this reason.
This is the error I get when I try to start a server with any NEO mods.

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Rethrown exception ---> TAPI.Mods+LoadExc
eption: NeoDisassemblyStation.tapi: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundExcept
ion: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at NeoDisassemblyStation.MBase.OnLoad()
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs
:line 278
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in d:\Repo\git\tA
PI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\t
API\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 549
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at TAPI.ErrorHandling.Handle(Exception e) in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Basic
s\ErrorHandling.cs:line 154
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 573
at TAPI.Mods.Reload() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 486
at Terraria.Main.Initialize() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\Terraria\Main.cs:line
at Terraria.Main.DedServ() in d:\Repo\git\tAPI\tAPI\Terraria\Main.cs:line 898

at Terraria.ProgramServer.Main(String[] args)
I haven't done much to make my mods Multiplayer compatible as of yet. I'm still not certain how to go about it. But I am starting to look into it more seriously. As my mods become more popular, multiplayer compatibility becomes more important.
Finally, another idea has come to mind! What about a sort of potion mixer? For example, you could mix a Night Owl potion, a Shine potion, and a Spelunker potion to create a Full Bright potion that lasts about 4 minutes. Also, you could change the recipe of a Restoration potion from being created at a Bottle to being created at a Potion Mixer (since they're made from a healing potion and a mana potion). There could be other factors too, like add some Pixie Dust to make it last longer! Finally, since my school year is almost over, I could make the potions' sprites for you if you want! (I don't want to make the Potion Mixer sprite because I'd massively fail at creating that.)
There appears to be some sort of Alchemy or Potion crafting tile that's part of the 1.3 update. So I wouldn't do anything too similar to that until we learn more about what it's function is. You can still throw some sprites together though. I, or you, might find a use for them anyway. I really like the idea of a Full Bright potion and might work that into a mod just cause!
I mention the Tutorial Mod because it helped me more than anything or anyone else did when I first learned how to use tAPI. Base Mod isn't required for any of my mods though.

There appears to be some sort of Alchemy or Potion crafting tile that's part of the 1.3 update. So I wouldn't do anything too similar to that until we learn more about what it's function is. You can still throw some sprites together though. I, or you, might find a use for them anyway. I really like the idea of a Full Bright potion and might work that into a mod just cause!
Gladly! I have some ideas on how to make the ones I want to sprite look. In fact, I'm thinking of a Full Bright Potion, a Max Speed+ Potion (increased maximum speed), a Freezing Potion (slows enemies around you), a Dash Potion (allows you to dash), a Damage Potion (multiplies a random damage stat by 1.25. Changes which damage stat it multiplies every 15 seconds), Speed Potion, (does the same thing as the Damage Potion, except it multiplies any type of speed, whether it's movement, melee speed, mining speed, etc.), and many more! I'll go ahead and start spriting some tonight and comment my progress tomorrow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432774893,1432774746][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mention the Tutorial Mod because it helped me more than anything or anyone else did when I first learned how to use tAPI. Base Mod isn't required for any of my mods though.
Ah, I wasn't exactly sure if they used the Base Mod or not, I've always had it on just in case. Good to know!

If those numbers are drops you received from Disintegrating stuff, I'd say they look good. Those are pretty close to the numbers I was going for. Here's the table...
My numbers were for the number of items needed to level up an item by infusing it :p You said...
How many of each disintegration item is needed to level and how much of an increase each level provides, I'm still unsure of.
Which made me think of these numbers :
This is just a copypaste of what I said previously.

I made something that COULD look like an infuser :
Big Infuser.png

Smaller versions (so you can save it/them) right here :
Infuser.png
Medium Infuser.png

I didn't make the gray outline at the bottom because it is meant to be on the floor

the small metal thingy at the left is representing the hole where you can insert the plasma, dust, particles...
I have no idea about how I would animate it... I'm just seeing the tiny particle flying or floating around the orb.
I kept the Disintegrater's style because first, they have to have similarities (cause we must use them both to infuse items) and second cause it's your mod, Neo.
I may have given you too small versions for the images to be implemented into your mod. In that case, let me know if I should upload a slightly bigger image.
Tell me if you don't like the look of the infuser, I'll set to work on something better if your eyes are bleeding.

And for everyone, tell me how the sprite looks, by itself. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 54110

Smaller versions (so you can save it/them) right here : View attachment 54109View attachment 54113
I didn't make the gray outline at the bottom because it is meant to be on the floor

the small metal thingy at the left is representing the hole where you can insert the plasma, dust, particles...
I have no idea about how I would animate it... I'm just seeing the tiny particle flying or floating around the orb.
I kept the Disintegrater's style because first, they have to have similarities (cause we must use them both to infuse items) and second cause it's your mod, Neo.
I may have given you too small versions for the images to be implemented into your mod. In that case, let me know if I should upload a slightly bigger image.
Tell me if you don't like the look of the infuser, I'll set to work on something better if your eyes are bleeding.

Looks good! Like you said, the orb should float up and down with the tiny particles spinning around it.

My numbers were for the number of items needed to level up an item by infusing it :p You said...

Which made me think of these numbers :
This is just a copypaste of what I said previously.

View attachment 54110

Smaller versions (so you can save it/them) right here : View attachment 54109View attachment 54113

Oh yeah! I did ask for some numbers for that. Thank you! It's nice to have at least a second opinion as to what the numbers might look like.

That sprite should work well for the infuser. I might add some shading and then I'll animate it. I really needed a place to start from as I had no idea what it might look like! lol Thank you again!

====================================================

Here's a screenshot of something I just put together...
QusX6Xh.gif

why I am keeping to get this

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Terraria.Tile Terraria.Player.get_tileTarget()'.
at NeoDraw.DrawInterface.RightClick()
at NeoDraw.DrawInterface.OnDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

That looks great! is it a new light source or is it something to change the color light of existant light sources?
It is a new light source. It changes to one of 6 random colors when it receives a pulse via wire. They are each connected to a new timer, a 0.5 Second Fuzzy Timer. It pulses every .5 seconds +/- .25 seconds, so that the change is psuedo-random.
why I am keeping to get this

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Terraria.Tile Terraria.Player.get_tileTarget()'.
at NeoDraw.DrawInterface.RightClick()
at NeoDraw.DrawInterface.OnDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
tAPI r15 introduced the Player.tileTarget Field. If you're using an older version of tAPI, you need to upgrade to run some of my mods.

Time for some potion sprites I made!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Bright Potion:
s1jyLbu.png

Max Speed+ Potion:
QoScEoW.png

Dash Potion:
80yDBMQ.png
(my favorite potion sprite, has black transparency around it)
Freezing Potion:
H5BHPTI.png

Damage Potion:
M5HWPhG.png
(needs to have light reflection, woops)
Speed Potion:
rqFoXpX.png
(this one too, woops again)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you like 'em! They in total took around 45 minutes (potions are kinda easy
to sprite good). If you think these are good, I will happily think up some more for you!

My weeks work has been released. Neo Devices is now available. Wiring devices and electronics. Features content from MiraiMai's Never Enough Devices tConfig mod found here.

xuEROZ9.png

Diodes, Logic Gates, Additional Timers, Fuzzy Timers, Lazy Timers, Conveyors, Pistons, Dectors, Blinktubes, and more.

Enjoy!
As soon as I saw the word 'conveyors', I immediately loved it!

Back
Top Bottom