Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is... maybe MS already denied the update due to excessive bugs and we won't hear from 505 or Engine until 5 months later "oh, update failed to pass MS screening test, were working hard on it...see you all June 2017" console players always gets left in the dark and shafted until update goes to get accepted by MS or Sony and we still have to guess when it's getting distributed.

Thing is... maybe MS already denied the update due to excessive bugs and we won't hear from 505 or Engine until 5 months later "oh, update failed to pass MS screening test, were working hard on it...see you all June 2017" console players always gets left in the dark and shafted until update goes to get accepted by MS or Sony and we still have to guess when it's getting distributed.
I don't think MS would denie the update...espically if they knew what everyone here was going through. If you thought 505 were having problems ,if they denie this update hell will rise and freeze over at the same time. Lol
[doublepost=1466772996,1466772777][/doublepost]Also everyone just needs to stay hopeful we can't afford to lost faith...(Undertale joke aside) we need to stay DETERMINED.

MS only cares about MS. If there are bugs, they will deny and not care one bit about us.

Off topic:
That's why there's so many indie developers developing games for the One right? Or that MS has indirect promotion of their system by developers creating new titles either right?

On Topic:
Can't wait for this update, hopefully it passes MS cert testing, haven't seen any PS4 users complaining about "Game breaking bugs" just item specific stuff so far ( which do get through the net sometimes, developers can't replicate every situation )

Keep Calm and play Terraria

Off topic:
That's why there's so many indie developers developing games for the One right? Or that MS has indirect promotion of their system by developers creating new titles either right?

On Topic:
Can't wait for this update, hopefully it passes MS cert testing, haven't seen any PS4 users complaining about "Game breaking bugs" just item specific stuff so far ( which do get through the net sometimes, developers can't replicate every situation )

Keep Calm and play Terraria

i don't thiink i worded my response correctly. My point was that MS doesn't care about how upset a fanbase will get if the deny an update. Does Kwmayne06 think MS Q&A say to themselves, "Gee, this update is being anticipated by so many people, let's not deny it or else they will be upset"? no, MS wants to put out a good product.

i swear if this update brings nothing but bugs, i will erase this company and move on to the next...company...

Last edited:
MS only cares about MS. If there are bugs, they will deny and not care one bit about us.
Sorry if i upset you by my response but what i was trying to say was that people will be even more peed off at MS than 505 because they canceled it. Im cool with the wait im mostly playing destiny on ps4 anyway.

Xbox 360 is around 10 years old now. It simply isn't equipped with the hardware for such a process as adjusting screen resolution. Particularly with Terraria being such a RAM heavy game.

If we were asking for a zoom OUT, maybe. Or even a variable zoom in. Or an actual change in the screen resolution.

But--supplying a few presets for multi-play, all of them zoomed in from the current default setting? That's the opposite of processor intensive. Potentially it reduces the number of sprites to keep track of, and requires less unseen areas to cache. (Probably they wouldn't worry about it, though--they'd likely just render the same amount as they do now, but display just those within the visible area at a larger size.)

We're not asking for higher resolution of the display--(ie, more pixels). It will be the same number of pixels on screen--meaning the exact same resolution. Just "zoomed" in to a preset size using (probably) simple pixel replication.

Hardware limitations are definitely not the issue.

If we were asking for a zoom OUT, maybe. Or even a variable zoom in. Or an actual change in the screen resolution.

But--supplying a few presets for multi-play, all of them zoomed in from the current default setting? That's the opposite of processor intensive. Potentially it reduces the number of sprites to keep track of, and requires less unseen areas to cache. (Probably they wouldn't worry about it, though--they'd likely just render the same amount as they do now, but display just those within the visible area at a larger size.)

We're not asking for higher resolution of the display--(ie, more pixels). It will be the same number of pixels on screen--meaning the exact same resolution. Just "zoomed" in to a preset size using (probably) simple pixel replication.

Hardware limitations are definitely not the issue.
Exactly people that say the Xbox 360 has hardware limitations is a number hing to say if both the Xbox and PlayStation can handle gta5 it could easily handle a PIXEL GAME but it makes no sense that this games updates are taking so long are there only 5 people working on the game now
[doublepost=1466808025,1466807733][/doublepost]
as long as it makes them money they will do whatever they want

I think to keep spirits up people should do daily challenges or something fun to stay calm. (Just a suggestion)
If you have had this game on Xbox One since the beginning, (over 500 hours BTW) stuff like that gets boring fast.
[doublepost=1466817668,1466817471][/doublepost]
Exactly people that say the Xbox 360 has hardware limitations is a number hing to say if both the Xbox and PlayStation can handle gta5 it could easily handle a PIXEL GAME but it makes no sense that this games updates are taking so long are there only 5 people working on the game now
[doublepost=1466808025,1466807733][/doublepost]
as long as it makes them money they will do whatever they want
Actually, just because Terraria has uses pixel art, doesn't mean it can't be CPU intensive. Do you even know the inner framework and the things that go on inside Terraria when you load up a world?

If you have had this game on Xbox One since the beginning, (over 500 hours BTW) stuff like that gets boring fast.
[doublepost=1466817668,1466817471][/doublepost]
Actually, just because Terraria has uses pixel art, doesn't mean it can't be CPU intensive. Do you even know the inner framework and the things that go on inside Terraria when you load up a world?
Most of the stuff on screen is the only thing loaded in at one time wich is why enemy blips on aren't all over the map just in the area your character is in

I think all this is just the community getting antsy, I myself play Xbox 360 and am tired of the Q1 crap and, "Oh, it well be released at the end of March or beginning of April. JK its at the end of May, Wait did you actually believe that, no really were releasing the update for Sony right now (full of bugs) you Microsoft-ers should wait a week. A month later ..." Now I know I'm ripping my own hair out checking for an update on my Xbox or YouTube or here. But here are some suggestions so that we all don't go insane.
Build a themed house for every NPC
Make pixel art of your favorite game,show, or movie.
Get every pet (I have 2 slime staffs I got legit and 2 amber mosquitoes)
Beat every boss in the same night
Try to get platera's axe
Complete 100 fishing quest or get a gold crate
Make 100 platinum in a farm
Make a battle arena
Thank You fellow Terrarians
Goodbye -Blast

I think all this is just the community getting antsy, I myself play Xbox 360 and am tired of the Q1 crap and, "Oh, it well be released at the end of March or beginning of April. JK its at the end of May, Wait did you actually believe that, no really were releasing the update for Sony right now (full of bugs) you Microsoft-ers should wait a week. A month later ..." Now I know I'm ripping my own hair out checking for an update on my Xbox or YouTube or here. But here are some suggestions so that we all don't go insane.
Build a themed house for every NPC
Make pixel art of your favorite game,show, or movie.
Get every pet (I have 2 slime staffs I got legit and 2 amber mosquitoes)
Beat every boss in the same night
Try to get platera's axe
Complete 100 fishing quest or get a gold crate
Make 100 platinum in a farm
Make a battle arena
Thank You fellow Terrarians
Goodbye -Blast

OR, exploit some duplication glitches! Hint: If you are doing the "Dupe ANY item one" I suggest orange bloodroot or any other rare commodities.:)

Well if you guys are really tired of waiting then i suggest you take advantage of that sale and switch to PC. I mean after all, moon lord and CONSTANT updates... heheh:merchantwhat:

PS: I wonder how Microsoft is doing...

Well if you guys are really tired of waiting then i suggest you take advantage of that sale and switch to PC. I mean after all, moon lord and CONSTANT updates... heheh:merchantwhat:

PS: I wonder how Microsoft is doing...
please dont make the console people start a war against pc players.

I don't think you are allowed to talk about that here...

Well, what else is there to do then? I'm open to suggestions. Plus, I might as well because that update has chances of them patching the glitch. And I don't often use duplication glitches unless its an glitched/bugged item such as orange bloodroot. Other than that I'm cheat-free.
[doublepost=1466877380,1466877252][/doublepost]
please dont make the console people start a war against pc players.

Really not trying to but I thought it was necessary to take advantage of that deal, I mean come on, Terraria; constantly updated, on PC for $5.00?! That's an awesome deal man! I mean you don't have to if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom