Mobile Unable to beat mechanical bosses. Help please

spacealien

Terrarian
I am basically stuck in the beginning of hardmode. I have tried the twins and the destroyer twice each and so far am just getting annihilated. The most recent two attempts (twins followed by the destroyer) I made sure I had all the best armor (full titanium set) and the best sword (titanium) and best bow (marrow). I then reforged all of them until they were much better. I also reforged my pirate summon staff. I had 3 ironskin potions, a regeneration potion, a thorns potion, two greater healing potions, and an archery potion. I had no chance. I also have the moon charm and it has 3 extra defense on it. I am literally at my wits end with this hard mode situation. I cannot get any stronger weapons I have looked around believe me. I also have lightening boots that I reforged as well.

I have an area set up with campfires and wood platforms. The campfires didn't seem to help a whole lot. I tried this most recent time to mirror back to the nurse but I died right before I had a chance to heal.

Is there any specific method or tactic I am missing? Is there a set guideline and proven method given my current situation? It almost seems impossible from my perspective.

Still stuck. I tried the twins again and essentially I am just not capable of it. I used all my falling stars as ammo again and finding a lot of those takes a while.

I haven't found a single floating island yet so I guess I am just going to try to build a stairway out of stone possibly and kill a wyvern or however you spell it.

I basically got the twins down to minimal health but then one got so low it started to spew a constant flame and I basically could not defend against it whatever. I mean it was like half my health in a two second interim if you can believe that.

My reforged marrow does more damage than the titanium repeater so I don't think that would be my best option. I can maybe try it and reforge it.

Any guidance or wisdom would still be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would suggest going for the Destroyer first. Once you kill it, you can craft a Megashark which will help with the Twins and Prime.
  • To kill the Destroyer, an option that I use is the Minishark. My preference is Exploding Bullets, but others also like Crystal Bullets.
  • A great weapon against the Destroyer is the Nimbus Rod. Farm for it during the rain in the Forest. Don't underestimate how much this one piece can help with the Destroyer.
  • I would also suggest putting your first platform very high up off the ground, and then a couple levels for you to jump around on.
  • You've got campfires. I also suggest crafting Heart Lanterns.
  • It will cost you 1 platinum, but save up and purchase Leaf Wings from the Witch Doctor. He needs to be in the Jungle at night during hardmode in order to sell them. You can make him a house there and hope he moves in. Or you can temporarily make the house that he currently lives in into a Jungle biome by placing Jungle Grass Seeds onto Mud around his house and waiting for it to grow (then destroy the mud after you buy the wings). Or you can go to the Jungle with a King Statue - wire up the statue and keep activating it until you get the Witch Doctor.
My options above may need a lot of money to purchase things (Minishark, Leaf Wings, Explosive Powder to make Exploding Bullets) and may need a lot of farming (Nimbus Rod, Life Crystal for Heart Lantern, Jungle Grass Seeds or King Statue), but if you're not having luck beating a Mech boss now then maybe it's best to spend a bit of time farming for items and money to give it another shot.

IMG_1161.PNG IMG_1162.PNG IMG_1165.PNG IMG_1167.PNG

I just managed to take out the destroyer.

My exact equipment and items list was: 2 iron skin potions, 1 regeneration potion, one flask of fire, one greater healing potion, a myriad of heart lanterns and campfires distributed around the arena insofar that no part of it was without the lantern/fire buff, Deadly Marrow bow (I used roughly 500 arrows), one archery potion, one thorns potion, Titanium armor full set, nimbus rod, pirate summon staff, moon charm, great harpy wings, rocket boots, regeneration band, cobalt shield, titanium sword (albeit I did not use it much I am listing it because of the flask of fire), everything I have is also reforged for maximum or near maximum damage/protection.

The arena has one strip of stone at the very top right where the harpy/wyvern enemies begin to attack as a guideline so as not to fly too high.

Essentially I just maintained evasive flight the entire time if possible, kept the nimbus rod clouds up, made sure the pirate was summoned, and took the potions I listed. I attempted once to see the nurse but she was dead. I thought I was through at that point but I managed to get back to the area and stay away enough to regenerate some health.

Thanks for the tips Unit One! I think the main components I was missing were the heart lanterns, the wings, and making sure to actually use the nimbus rod.

Do you have a corruption or crimson world? If you have a crimson world, use ichor to lower the defense of the bosses.

I have now officially taken out the destroyer twice. It seems to be somewhat easier for me now that I know what to do. The wings are definitely critical.

I have expanded my arsenal and acquired the mega shark and created 400 exploding bullets. I am hopeful this will help me best the twins the next time they spawn.

IMG_1168.PNG

The damage does not look like it is very high on the mega shark however it says that it shoots fast. Is this essentially what makes it so good is the fire rate?

Can anyone give me some suggestions for what to do with the hallowed bars? It seems to me that the armor is not much of an improvement from the titanium and the sword and ranged option are both not as good as what I have. I could reforge them obviously but it would be a very small difference.

Does anyone have any advice concerning the steampunker? I bought the two crafting items and placed them but I could not figure out what they're use is. The clentaminator is kind of expensive for me right now so I was holding off and I did not buy the teleporter yet.
[doublepost=1481402325,1481402203][/doublepost]
Do you have a corruption or crimson world? If you have a crimson world, use ichor to lower the defense of the bosses.

I have both however I only initiated hard mode in two of my corruption worlds.

I have now officially defeated the twins.

This picture below is mid-fight shortly after Spazmatism was defeated.

IMG_1172.PNG

Retinazer would not hold still for the photo.

IMG_1173.PNG

I basically had to use teleporters from the steampunker directly into the nurses room. She was slain mid battle after about three 2/3 health healings.

IMG_1174.PNG IMG_1175.PNG

I also crafted the optic staff

IMG_1176.PNG

In case anyone is interested how exactly I did it aside from the teleportation I am listing the exact equipment.

Equipment: Megashark (2000 exploding bullets, I used about 1000) , ranger emblem reforged for defense, great harpy wings reforged for defense, regeneration band, warding cobalt shield, moon charm with +3 defense, pirate summon staff (demonic), two regenerations potions, two iron skin potions, a greater healing potion, and the same arena I used and explained about in an earlier post in this thread.

Constant evasive flight was critical. Spazmatism was targeted and slain first.

Can anyone give me some advice for Skeletron Prime? I have been harvesting life fruits and scouting out chlorophyte veins in the underground jungle but I am somewhat incredulous of my ability to withstand any of its attacks for very long.

Use the dandleus bow (that bow that rains arrows) -but use HOLY ARROWS.
Beat the destroyer in 10 seconds flat in Expert with palladium armor

Then do the destroyer a few more times to obtain hallowed armor and try the twins dadaleus bow but it is risky ( (the stars can get retitizer into its second phase as well which makes the fight so perfect hard) if you are bad at knowing where it is going to move next, use a mega shark with high velocity bullets.
Use dandleus bow with holy arrows on Skelton prime. I Beat it on the same night that I beat the destroyer

I did this all on Expert mode

The twins are the hardest in my opinion so fight them last
[doublepost=1481639311,1481639244][/doublepost]If you are talking about mobile, get a death sickle and hook up some heart statues.

Use the dandleus bow (that bow that rains arrows) -but use HOLY ARROWS.
Beat the destroyer in 10 seconds flat in Expert with palladium armor

Then do the destroyer a few more times to obtain hallowed armor and try the twins dadaleus bow but it is risky ( (the stars can get retitizer into its second phase as well which makes the fight so perfect hard) if you are bad at knowing where it is going to move next, use a mega shark with high velocity bullets.
Use dandleus bow with holy arrows on Skelton prime. I Beat it on the same night that I beat the destroyer

I did this all on Expert mode

The twins are the hardest in my opinion so fight them last
Hi @XxHorrorGamingxX, welcome to the forums. :)

The Daedalus Stormbow and Expert mode are on the PC version only right now. This thread is about trying to beat some of the bosses on the Mobile version.

Edited: Our posts crossed. You were posting about the Death Sickle right as my first message went through. That's a good choice for Mobile.

On mobile I thought the arms drop hearts when defeated? It did that for me so just focus on the arms if they do then after they are all defeated go for the head. If you play on your phone, I suggest you try on IPad (use ICloud to copy your charcter to I cloud) so you can see where he comes. If you can, get the draw and make a clorophyte shotbow with holy arrows
[doublepost=1481639670,1481639522][/doublepost]Hey Unit One! Thanks for greeting me! Does anyone think the twins are harder than Prime? I used RANGER class for Twins so that might be why
[doublepost=1481639816][/doublepost]Holy Arrows matched with a Hollow Repeater is just enough to beat Prime

On mobile I thought the arms drop hearts when defeated? It did that for me so just focus on the arms if they do then after they are all defeated go for the head. If you play on your phone, I suggest you try on IPad (use ICloud to copy your charcter to I cloud) so you can see where he comes. If you can, get the draw and make a clorophyte shotbow with holy arrows
[doublepost=1481639670,1481639522][/doublepost]Hey Unit One! Thanks for greeting me! Does anyone think the twins are harder than Prime? I used RANGER class for Twins so that might be why
[doublepost=1481639816][/doublepost]Holy Arrows matched with a Hollow Repeater is just enough to beat Prime
Holy Arrows with Hallowed Repeater is another great option.

@XxHorrorGamingxX, just a tip for going forward - if you want to add to your post and you're the last one that has posted, you can click the Edit button and add more info. It is preferred that you edit your posts, rather than double and triple posting.

Oh ok, do you have any suggestions for plantera RANGER Playthrough Expert mode b/c I use cloropyte shotbow with holy arrows and can get its first stage down very fast but the second stage kills me b/c the first stage shoots seeds seeds the make the second stage rid through me
Whoops misspelled some stuff

I managed to take out Skeletron Prime somewhat easily.

IMG_1191.PNG IMG_1192.PNG

I just used ichor bullets and the mega shark. I have full chlorophyte armor, the optic staff, the moon stone (menacing), great harpy wings, cobalt shield, regeneration band

As far as potions go it was basically overkill what I used. I had the an inferno potion, two regeneration potions, one iron skin potion, a thorns potion, the maximum life increase potion, an ichor flask, and I think that was it.

I was mostly full health the entire time. It was quick and easy with this set up. Same arena style and set up as the previous two mech bosses. I had the teleporter set up still as well and did not even obscurely find that I needed it.

If one were stuck on these mechanical bosses I think finding the drax in a shadow chest in the underworld would be the best option and then finding chlorophyte insofar that you had a full set of armor (chlorophyte or even turtle) and at least one strong weapon from it. Obviously it can take a long time for the chlorophyte to reach an abundance level where that is possible but I was stuck for a very long time on them.

Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom