Game Mechanics Making Stronger Banner Versions

GAMESweetG

Terrarian
I would appreciate it if combining same banners together to make a stronger banner version. So it would cover a larger radius to prevent annoying enemies from spawning all the time.

The maxed banner upgrade would change the banner shape into a Tapestry, which covers 6x3 (height x width) wall. The tapestries can even act like doors as well. As in films like Roman movies or Eygpt movies etc. Some people in those movies actually uses them as doors of sorts. Or to hide something behind a wall. So I could like put a lever behind a Tapestry. I need to open the Tapestry up by right clicking it. Like you do for other interactions like on the bed or dressers. After opening the Tapestry. I can then use the lever.

The Tapestry radius can cover 10x more than a normal banner +10 radius. You will need to upgrade +10 5x normal banners to craft a Tapestry. But each banner upgrade has a plus sign next to them. To indicate an improved radius.

So you upgrade 5x normal Slime banners. You will then be able to craft a Slime +1 banner. Same procedure as before.

Slime +1 banners 5x = Slime +2 banner.

Keep repeating the process until you reach Slime +10 banner 5x = Craft a Slime Tapestry. So that way the feature can't be exploited.

The events will still happen if you're not in the banner radius range. So if it was a Slime Tapestry. If you're out of range. The Slime event would happen.

The other events like blood moon enemies. You will need to cover each enemy from the events to prevent the event from happening. Like you also need to craft a blood zombie Tapestry, normal zombie Tapestry, and other Blood moon enemies Tapestries to prevent the event from happening. But will happen if you're out of the radius range.

Also to add to enemies and cooldown periods.
Hourglass
An hourglass accessory equip-able that can reduce any cool downs like potions, etc.

Blueprint Toolbox
Blueprint toolbox which can be crafted at a Tinkerer Workshop. With The Grand Design and the Gizmo Box. Extra features the Blueprint toolbox can do is highlight 50x50 or based on resolution screen size of a town building/mansion section. And you can move the highlighed area to a different spot of the world. So it saves time from reconstructing highly built buildings in another area. By just moving sections if you created a mansion over to another area of the world. Without relying on Tedit.

A positive or negative aura object or something to either reduce/increase the natural event occurrence. Similar to the Peace and Water Candles.

Last edited:
A lot of ideas here. I'm not sure about the rest, but I definitely would like to see the idea of banners being crafted into stronger banners be implemented. I need to do something about all these blue slime banners I keep hoarding...

I like the idea of upgraded banners very much, if it was in the game I wouldn't use the Tapestry though, just too big.
And it's rather unlikely for the hiding mechanic to be implemented, because it would require an additional block layer in front of the normal blocks. Just sayin'

The Hourglass is a very interesting suggestion, maybe flesh it out a bit and move it to a seperate thread?
If you allow me to, I could do that for you...

The Hourglass is a very interesting suggestion, maybe flesh it out a bit and move it to a seperate thread?
If you allow me to, I could do that for you...

Ah, to sidetrack from the banners a bit, the Hourglass reminds me too much of the Philosopher's Stone. Apart from Potion Sickness and Mana Sickness, I don't know what other "cooldowns" Kìrîtö_⚔️_Kãžütō™ has in mind. Maybe the Hourglass is a combination accessory with the Stone and another new accessory reducing Mana Sickness, but that's as far as I can see this idea going.

Ah, to sidetrack from the banners a bit, the Hourglass reminds me too much of the Philosopher's Stone. Apart from Potion Sickness and Mana Sickness, I don't know what other "cooldowns" Kìrîtö_⚔️_Kãžütō™ has in mind.

That was my first though, too, but it could, for example, reduce the duration of all debuffs by one second (or two or 5%, idk) and add the same amount of time to all buffs.

Back
Top Bottom