NPCs & Enemies Chimpanzee: Hardmode Jungle merchants.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
Chimpanzees resemble chimpanzees, duh. They spawn in Hardmode, and are a rare type of NPC that about your size. Chimpanzees reside in the Jungle. They are always found alone.

Chimpanzees move decently fast. When they see an enemy, they throw a mahogany boomerang at them. This boomerang doesn't travel horizontally like most boomerangs, but instead travels uniquely in a slight parabolic arc. This projectile returns to them quite quickly, and is thrown. Their boomerang is approximately 40 in damage.

Chimpanzees exist as a rare merchant. They sell rare goods, uniquely using fruit as a currency instead of coins. One of their prized wares (which is always sold) is their Mahogany Boomerang, which is a good upgrade of the Wooden Boomerang that can be gotten as soon as Hardmode starts.

They tend to be good to keep alive, since they protect you from Jungle enemies.

Lines of Chimps if talked to. They do not communicate in language you can understand, and instead make noises and implied gestures:

"Ooh?"
"Ooh ah! Ooh ah!"
"Ooh ooh."
"Ahh...ooh!"
"Ook."
"*scratches butt*"
"OOOOH OOH EEK!"
"*does a peace sign*"

They also sell a Stone Club, which is a melee weapon that does good knockback. Give me ideas of other wares.

Last edited:
At first I liked your idea, and then I thought about reality and then I hated it. There are too many primates being destroyed in reality and they are having to act aggressively like cannibalistic meat eaters just to fight when most of them are nearly vegetarians.

It sadness me because in their untouched nature they can be quite gentle and nice and very friendly or at least they used to be.

So there that is. I am conflicted yet resolved.

At first I liked your idea, and then I thought about reality and then I hated it. There are too many primates being destroyed in reality and they are having to act aggressively like cannibalistic meat eaters just to fight when most of them are nearly vegetarians.

It sadness me because in their untouched nature they can be quite gentle and nice and very friendly or at least they used to be.

if anything, this will help spread awareness for them

Hmm..maybe they could be pacified with Fruit, like Bananas?

I understand. Didn't consider that.

Maybe they can just remain neutral until attacked? Kind of like the lost girl/nymph except damage triggers it
Or maybe they could instead be a rare merchant, and not just neutral/hostile? But they trade in fruit, and not coins. A Mahogany Boomerang could be bought for a couple fruit, for example.

Maybe they could defend you if you don't attack, so it incentivizes keeping them alive.

Hmm..maybe they could be pacified with Fruit, like Bananas?
Ooh I really like your idea, that or fish.

I am a nature buff person and I always have been. I've known about nature very intimately even before I was taught. That's one of the reasons why I think I, or at least I used to think that I'm not human, not entirely and that I have some kind of elf like, alien some kind of mutation or something. However it seems to be somewhat genetic. When I've had in my genetics testing it was very conflicting because it seemed like they change frequently as if becoming another version of myself with the same mind and The same Spirit but different genetics. Anywho just really weird nevertheless it has served me exceedingly well in nature. I'm a lot like grizzly Adams, Marty Stouffer, Bob Ross. And yes I used to have the beer to match, I said beard not beer. I use it I use a speech to text program. Some things I correct sometimes I just leave it in because it's kind of funny.

I've always been a lot like the blue Avatar people except I don't need to be 10 ft tall and have testicles I mean tentacles. LOL I'm trying to be more funny because I am so serious most of the time with such deep introspective thought that I can send myself to the hospital like thinking so deep slowing my heart rate whatever dude you don't need to know all that. Anyhoo I'm trying to learn again because it's hard for me to be funny sometimes at least online because I suck at it. In person is one thing funny as hell. I'm even funny looking. LOL but online, just a paper tiger like the song. Anywho

I forgot what we're talking about, oh that's right chimp and nancies okay speech-to-text is trying to be funny here we don't need any more Nancy's in this world we got enough of them. LOL

No for the enemy idea. too many jungle enemies in general imo. I don't want to deal with a dozen tortoises, flying foxes, and chimpanzees all at once.
I much prefer the rare Merchant Idea, a different form of the Skeleton Merchant, who I love finding (they are a savior for a full inventory explorer)

Edited.

Back
Top Bottom