NPCs & Enemies Acid Slime

I would say that it could even ruin your gear. Make it a very realistic acidic thing. Like permanently damage your life or you would have to go find another heart container thing. Which means all the extra ones would actually come in handy now. It could damage your heart and magic which would make all the extra Stars more useful.

Anywho thanks for the inspiration.

That debuff would do some insane damage to you if it worked like the debuff you get when stepping on Hellstone, its bricks and Meteorite as well as being suffocated by falling blocks like Sand, as in same DPS. That kinda DPS for 20 seconds would be brutal regardless of how tanky you are (try and survive being suffocated for 20 seconds without 500 hp, for example), so lowering that cooldown massively would be a great balancing change, say 2 seconds in Classic, 3 seconds in Expert, and 4 seconds in Master? Maybe adding a defense reduction would also work, like 35 defense, as it's a potent acid causing the debuff and the debuff wouldn't last long enough to make it unbearable to fight against. That's really my only problem, the rest are okay, maybe it could be an early hardmode mob with those stats, which I presume are for Classic.

That debuff would do some insane damage to you if it worked like the debuff you get when stepping on Hellstone, its bricks and Meteorite as well as being suffocated by falling blocks like Sand, as in same DPS. That kinda DPS for 20 seconds would be brutal regardless of how tanky you are (try and survive being suffocated for 20 seconds without 500 hp, for example), so lowering that cooldown massively would be a great balancing change, say 2 seconds in Classic, 3 seconds in Expert, and 4 seconds in Master? Maybe adding a defense reduction would also work, like 35 defense, as it's a potent acid causing the debuff and the debuff wouldn't last long enough to make it unbearable to fight against. That's really my only problem, the rest are okay, maybe it could be an early hardmode mob with those stats, which I presume are for Classic.
The time is now more reasonable, and I now realize how insane 20 seconds would be.

What value would this enemy bring to the game? Does it have any drops? Does the player interact with it in any meaningful way other than just killing it and moving on?
Maybe it could drop some sort of acid gel that can be crafted to make some type of acid arrow?

Unfortunately. Let's be realistic.

This game is dead and most of us don't even know it yet. The people who made it want to move on to better things and there are only throwing out handouts to us because they appreciate us appreciating their game however everything must come to an end.

My end to playing this game is coming soon as well because I've done everything there is to do in it within just a few weeks.

Now I would like to be able to help people online however if people don't want or need my help then there's no point.

This game is dead and most of us don't even know it yet. The people who made it want to move on to better things and there are only throwing out handouts to us because they appreciate us appreciating their game however everything must come to an end.

My end to playing this game is coming soon as well because I've done everything there is to do in it within just a few weeks.

Now I would like to be able to help people online however if people don't want or need my help then there's no point.
Bruh. Terraria is at is always growing in player counts, and it's only getting bigger. It has not died, it is not going to die for a long while.

This has nothing to do with the suggestion.

1; irrelevant to the suggestion. 2; incorrect, this game has several Thousands playing per day, including everyone in this idea except you. 3; just because a game isn't updated for half a year doesn't mean it's dead (Look at TF2, it hasn't been updated since 2017 and thousands of players still play, refusing to let it die) 4; other reasons this game isn't dead are the mods. there are thousands of mods to choose from with something for everyone who tries it.

in summary, the game is nowhere near dead.

anyways, back to the suggestion. I think the OG idea is cool, so support.

1; irrelevant to the suggestion. 2; incorrect, this game has several Thousands playing per day, including everyone in this idea except you. 3; just because a game isn't updated for half a year doesn't mean it's dead (Look at TF2, it hasn't been updated since 2017 and thousands of players still play, refusing to let it die) 4; other reasons this game isn't dead are the mods. there are thousands of mods to choose from with something for everyone who tries it.

in summary, the game is nowhere near dead.

anyways, back to the suggestion. I think the OG idea is cool, so support.
Like I said most don't even know it yet.

There have been many game companies that have shut off service to their games online capability anyway even when they've had thousands of customers. The people who made this game already stated that they don't want to make any more updates and they want to focus on their new game.

In most cases, irregardless of how many customers or players insist on them staying with the current game, at the end of the day if it's not putting food on their table they will move on to a game that will because they too have children.

Keep in your mind that I am not being hateful I am just being realistic.

It only took me two or three weeks of being a new player to come to the end of finding anything new about this game. If I can discover so much within just a few weeks and then find that there's very little else to discover that isn't already more redundance that I've already practiced then there's absolutely no point.

There are people still playing this game after 10 years is a bit disconcerting with their attachment to a thing.

Just like Skyrim which is nothing more than a giant fish bowl, there's only so much you can do even with mods.

My last character for Skyrim was a dwemer Jedi. Something that I thought about when all that we had was Morrowind and daggerfall. I found the dwarven lore very similar in certain aspects to Jedi. And so since then I was always curious.

And I played that avenue and came to a start conclusion that no matter how I play it the math always ends up the same.

And with this game being less creative, it only took me 2 weeks to reach that conclusion.

That might explain why I instinctively delayed any interest in this game until recently. Not to mention the name of it pissed me off because it's too close to my game.

Nevertheless that's neither here or there right now.

It is foolishness and unhealthy to hold on to a inanimate object or entertainment that is inconsistent with reality much less redundant etc etc I don't have to explain myself here. I've deleted as much as I could I've enjoyed the game as much as possible and I'm not the only one I'm just one of the few that can actually admit it.
I'm not going to be delusional and pretend something that isn't. I would like to help new players and just if nothing else be a backup in case they need help when they are fighting bosses or something I don't know. However that comes to one conclusion as the first and nothing ever changes.

There is nothing more.
Everything has its time whether I like it or not and to deny it is trying to hold on to a dead baby when they are rotting in my arms.

I'm sorry for that imagery it's just I am reminded of instances in history in Life or that actually happened to both humans and animals alike and it was not good for them at all and I wish I could have done something. Anyway I don't need to get into that I just found out that a friend of mine died this morning at 9:00. And so my head kind of wrap around mortality.

I would say that it could even ruin your gear. Make it a very realistic acidic thing. Like permanently damage your life or you would have to go find another heart container thing. Which means all the extra ones would actually come in handy now. It could damage your heart and magic which would make all the extra Stars more useful.

Anywho thanks for the inspiration.
Absolutely not. That would be the most pointlessly infuriating thing of all time.
Like I said most don't even know it yet.

There have been many game companies that have shut off service to their games online capability anyway even when they've had thousands of customers. The people who made this game already stated that they don't want to make any more updates and they want to focus on their new game.

In most cases, irregardless of how many customers or players insist on them staying with the current game, at the end of the day if it's not putting food on their table they will move on to a game that will because they too have children.

Keep in your mind that I am not being hateful I am just being realistic.

It only took me two or three weeks of being a new player to come to the end of finding anything new about this game. If I can discover so much within just a few weeks and then find that there's very little else to discover that isn't already more redundance that I've already practiced then there's absolutely no point.

There are people still playing this game after 10 years is a bit disconcerting with their attachment to a thing.

Just like Skyrim which is nothing more than a giant fish bowl, there's only so much you can do even with mods.

My last character for Skyrim was a dwemer Jedi. Something that I thought about when all that we had was Morrowind and daggerfall. I found the dwarven lore very similar in certain aspects to Jedi. And so since then I was always curious.

And I played that avenue and came to a start conclusion that no matter how I play it the math always ends up the same.

And with this game being less creative, it only took me 2 weeks to reach that conclusion.

That might explain why I instinctively delayed any interest in this game until recently. Not to mention the name of it pissed me off because it's too close to my game.

Nevertheless that's neither here or there right now.

It is foolishness and unhealthy to hold on to a inanimate object or entertainment that is inconsistent with reality much less redundant etc etc I don't have to explain myself here. I've deleted as much as I could I've enjoyed the game as much as possible and I'm not the only one I'm just one of the few that can actually admit it.
I'm not going to be delusional and pretend something that isn't. I would like to help new players and just if nothing else be a backup in case they need help when they are fighting bosses or something I don't know. However that comes to one conclusion as the first and nothing ever changes.
I don't think ReLogic can shut the servers down, since it's almost entirely run by steam, but even if they can there is zero reason to believe they would. The game is consistently near the top of the steam player count charts, and the creator has said the the game still sells well. You are not being realistic, you are just assuming. Just because you personally don't find the game fun or creative anymore does not mean the game is dead. You say that you are the only one to admit it, but what reason do you have to believe that everyone else thinks that?
If it is unhealthy to enjoy stuff that is not realistic (it isnt), you really can't watch any movies, play any games, or read many books without it being unhealthy.

I’ll leave this here for you and point out it’s still true right here in 2024.

There are no “servers to shut down” - Terraria is not a game that requires you to be online.

We have 1.4.5 and crossplay (hopefully!) already in the queue.

~51k player peak today on Steam alone (not counting however many are on console or mobile or China mobile). Game still selling quite well. Wishlists looking really healthy.

I don’t know - seems pretty alive to me? ymmv I guess. :D

With that said, can we get back to the topic of the thread - the suggestion at hand?

i think this is a good idea but it should be after mech when the jungle grows restless making the fight alot more doible whith long range weopons being more effective as to not get hit and it should drop acidic slime being used in the flamethrower now u may think that would be over powered but remember its a rare enemy so if you grind for it it would be worth while

Absolutely not. That would be the most pointlessly infuriating thing of all time.

I don't think ReLogic can shut the servers down, since it's almost entirely run by steam, but even if they can there is zero reason to believe they would. The game is consistently near the top of the steam player count charts, and the creator has said the the game still sells well. You are not being realistic, you are just assuming. Just because you personally don't find the game fun or creative anymore does not mean the game is dead. You say that you are the only one to admit it, but what reason do you have to believe that everyone else thinks that?
If it is unhealthy to enjoy stuff that is not realistic (it isnt), you really can't watch any movies, play any games, or read many books without it being unhealthy.
Just because you get your panties in a wad doesn't make what I said less true.

I don't care if the acid slime would make you infuriated that's your personal problem.

It was told that Relogic doesn't want to work on this game anymore and we shouldn't continue to force them to do so because the game works.

Whining about it just shows that players are selfish.

You're asking me rhetorical questions which is pointless. You're trying to bait an argument by not accepting the fact of the matter that there are other people besides me who are already tired of this game whether they want to be or not. Ever learn how to read something you don't want to read? Rhetorical

And ask for what I said about getting into unhealthy things, the fact of that still remains irregardless what you think feel or believe. Have you spent 50 years of your life researching things and having them verified or denied by world-leading experts? Have you scored in the top 2% of these certain subjects? Have you even scored in the top 50%? Have you studied any of the subjects that would imply learning about said things? No? Then you're not qualified to argue against it.

Granted you have your freedom of speech that a lot of us have fought and suffered for and we still suffer however, nevertheless I do not want to engage with people who want to be argumentative.

Nobody asked you to reply to me I sure as hell didn't. I've had a really rough day and I sure as hell don't want to deal with nonsense.

Go bother someone else.

I do wish there was another way I could say say this differently but I can't otherwise I'd be a coward and a liar. I don't want it to be rough and abrasive yet I am in pain on multiple levels and for me to be anything less than honest I have learned that it's worse than this. I had to be done with this game and even all these forum things for a while. I would have hope it would have inspired me to do something with a game and it has just the opposite. There's nothing left and to continue to hold on to pointlessness it's foolishness and delusional and I have enough other issues to deal with. I've got too many other people to worry about right now to worry about myself and all this stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom